[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• If we do get whitelisted.. then thank you! Also, we tried to look through the thread, but didn't seem to see any sort of download link. Does the mods all need the be downloaded individually? Is there a FAQ we can look at to find that? Unfortunately, most of our experiences with modded minecraft have been pre-installed things through the FTB launcher, though we really do love the GregTech addon! :)

Thanks in advance and were sorry if we asked nooby questions! :)

I have secret personal TechnicLauncher modpack, if you PM me, I can send you a link to download all the mods and install it fast....however, I dont update it much , when the server updates, I just drop new files to my folders....so even you used it, you will need to manually download some of the newest versions of mods...

• I'll let the recipe as it is, 4 sticky redstone for 1 redstone and 1 slimeball.

It works like a microblock circuit, 1 piece of sticky redstone covers 1/4 of the block, you need to place it in the direction you want the redstone signal to be transmitted.
    Its not like vanilla redstone where you can place one on one block and done, it will adapt, nor like RP redstone cables. Its a forced direction and it won't shift for another if it finds a block able to interact with redstone.

Nerfing it so that it only yields 1 piece makes it too expensive to be of any practical use.
    But if you want to nerf it badly, I'd recommend 2 sticky redstone for 1 slimeball and 1 redstone dust, because you need at least 2 of them to make a straight line on a single block.

And as a side note, it's a really weak replacement because of the lack of logic gates (only the vanilla repeater and comparator are available) and it behaves like regular redstone regarding "redstone power" but its better than nothing.

---------------

I agree with SpwnX concerning Spice of Life, Hunger Overhaul and Pam's Harvestcraft.

No natural regeneration is interesting but not in the long run, especially on a tech server when you spend like 80% of your time in your base.

What's interesting with theses 3 mods, however, is :
    1- You need to craft complex foods to get the hunger replenishment of your average steak (Hunger Overhaul + HarvestCraft).
    2- Since there's some kind of diminishing returns on food, you can't make the same thing and be done with it. (Spice of Life)
    3- Health regeneration from food is configurable and can be nerfed without being disabled, 5-10% being what I recommend. (Hunger Overhaul)
    4- Health regen is weaker the less health points you have (Hunger Overhaul)
    5- Debuffs when low on hunger and health. (Hunger Overhaul)
    and so on.

• Hmm, am I the only one who wanted PR mainly for the Lights and Lamps? Because right now we only have vanilla lamp, chisel glowstone, bibliocraft lamps (use that in your tech base) and railcraft lamps (same deal). And candles, don't forget candles.

• Im not sure about the "Redstone Paste Mod"
    if i see it right it ads only new ways to place the vanilla redstone parts but no new parts it self
    we have 2 ways of wireless redstone atm on the server
    so i dont see a reason for the paste
    what we in the end need is someway to get our redstone circuits smaller

• The PRC from Minefactory was pretty sweet for that. Too bad it isn't standalone. Its cables didn't hug the wall, but they could self-support up a wall or a ceiling.

The block itself had some neat features that I think Greg's circuit block mostly cover, but it could perform multiple operations per block on up to 16 channels in a bundled cable type thing.

• Im not sure about the "Redstone Paste Mod"
    if i see it right it ads only new ways to place the vanilla redstone parts but no new parts it self
    we have 2 ways of wireless redstone atm on the server
    so i dont see a reason for the paste
    what we in the end need is someway to get our redstone circuits smaller

Well..

+It can run on walls
    +it can be hidden under slabs
    +You can run multiple redstone lines in 1 tile
    -No new logic blocks

So .. you can build vanilla things more compact in 3d.

• How about steves' factory manager?

AE + extracells + Golems can do what Steve's factory manager do.
    Also convoyers modules will become obsolete, as well as the pump module and GT's pipes. Also a too easy way to craft items.
    Redstone transmission will also become a way easier, which is neat, but will make RP or PR (I stopped wishing having PR on the server tho) obsolete too.

• Crash when a sticky piston extends and pushes me

No mod marked as "errored". Ofc I know this is not a "place the mod causing the issue here" bug report thread, but I hope someone will help me.