Best Crossbreed combo for Melons?

• So I am new to cross-breeding, on a test world, I combined wheat and wheat and I made melons the first go. But I went to my normal world, and I've been trying to combine wheat with wheat for about 1 day now.. NOTHING. (1 day irl) It's so annoying! When the wrong crops starts to grow, I take it out immediately and replace it with two crops on top of each other to restart the cross-breeding process. Is this how to properly restart the cross-breeding process or is there more to it? Please help, I'm getting so mad.

I do have a Crop-matron by the way.

• So I am new to cross-breeding, on a test world, I combined wheat and wheat and I made melons the first go. But I went to my normal world, and I've been trying to combine wheat with wheat for about 1 day now.. NOTHING. (1 day irl) It's so annoying! When the wrong crops starts to grow, I take it out immediately and replace it with two crops on top of each other to restart the cross-breeding process. Is this how to properly restart the cross-breeding process or is there more to it? Please help, I'm getting so mad.

I do have a Crop-matron by the way.

It's about your RNG luck.

Don't worry, you're doing it the right way. Just be be very patient*, you will eventually get something different.

* - Crossbreeding two plants of the same time is nearly guaranteed (~90+%) to give you the same plant. Try something different, like WheatXRose.

• how to cross breed rose ? - i can;t plant rose bush or poppy or anything other than crops :(

Inteligence is not everything - wisdom is more than that.
    "Survival is survival dammit.. don't give me this stinky cheated diamonds.. .. or else.." - by unknown hero

• Can't you just plant melon seeds?

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• But there's like super-melons that give you so much melon that you can live with enough from only one plant :P

• how to achioeve dark thorn ? :) what to cros breed ? :)

"Survival is survival dammit.. don't give me this stinky cheated diamonds.. .. or else.." - by unknown hero

• I remember I got them by cross breeding melons so MANY TIMES ( don't really now how many XD ) until they finally appeared :P , I made them in 1.5.x

• Official Post

As someone have already said, crop results are RANDOM. X + Y wont 100% result W. Instead you have X + Y for a chance to get W(hatever).

Might be helpful: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Crop_Breeding_(IndustrialCraft_2) {for special requirements of getting a crop to grow}

• Official Post

It's not completely random, just mostly. Each crop has a value, and crossbreeding mixes the values of the crossbreeding crops. Depending on what value the new crop has, depends on what type it is. That's how it worked back in the day anyway.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• so cross breading nether wart with earth wart gives better chance - or rose with venom something ?

• SpwnX : Ooh, ok.

@Choco : So it isn't completely random ^^ , btw, are you still working on scripts :P , because you kinda disappeared for me :P But yeah ^.^'

• Official Post

So it isn't completely random ^^

No. But it is mostly

are you still working on scripts :P , because you kinda disappeared for me :P

Quit whining, they'll be done when I finish them :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.