Better than Iron Achievement

• Official Post

Ever since Refined Iron went down in the drain, and all API calls return normal iron instead, most mods have respected this. Why then, does IC2 still have the achievement, granted, now called "not really better than iron", but gotten by smelting iron ore/taking a second piece of iron out of a furnace? And what about the UU achievement, which you can't even get any more? Is it the IC2 way for people to not notice things like this until they have nothing else to do?
    Definitely not looking at Greg and the insanely long time the Bronze Blast Furnace takes to make steal making me notice this or anything.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• The achivements right though. 2 ingots of iron is not really better than 1 ingot of iron. But it is still better. They probably just left it in their for either the memory, a joke or semi-lazy dev (if thats a thing).

• Official Post

LAZY DEV?
    LAZY DEV?!?!?
    U WOT M8?!?!????

*grabs banhammer*

• Being lazy is part of the requirement package to become a half-decent programmer. You need to be lazy to write as little code as possible instead of pumping out mountains of spaghetti.

It always saddens me when people measure the "value" or "goodness" of their stuff in lines of code or how many lines of code they produced in X amount of time. People like that don't really know what programming is in my opinion.

• Being lazy is part of the requirement package to become a half-decent programmer. You need to be lazy to write as little code as possible instead of pumping out mountains of spaghetti.

It always saddens me when people measure the "value" or "goodness" of their stuff in lines of code or how many lines of code they produced in X amount of time. People like that don't really know what programming is in my opinion.

Agreed, work smarter not harder

• Official Post

Definetly a case of Lazy Dev since it was me.

Case solved. Dangit Greg!

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.