[Official] The Search for useless Items

• all kinds of different plates: e.g. obsidian plate, and dense plate and etc..
    Maybe they are there for some features in the future. If thats the case, ignore this one..

*** Add ***
    Also, Watermills!...
    I almost NEVER used them when I am playing with industrial craft..
    they are totally underpowered, useless, and cost-ineffective.
    Either we remove it completely (since it is useless, why not?) or bump the energy generation..
    Or change the mechanics of the watermill or a totally re-work.

Suggestion:
    - Make it a multi 3x3x4 block structure.. (width, length, height)
    B = block of iron
    X = empty
    G = Watermill
    M = Basic Machine casing

h=0 h=1
    MMM BBB BBB BBB
    MGM BXB BXB BGB
    MMM BBB BBB BBB

Mechanics:
    - Has an internal water tanks
    - Produce electricity by consuming water
    - Can suck in water that are on top of it...
    - Has valve settings which can tune the EU output and efficiency-per-block-of-water...

Details:
    - Consumes water like crazy, even at lowest settings...
    - High efficiency when valve setting is low, low efficiency when valve setting is high...
    - Water pump can be attached to it but still can't run on maximum power though..
    - Can be placed at the bottom of the ocean, which THEN you can run it at maximum efficiency for a really long time.. but the ocean is going to dry out very soon (imagining a dried ocean...).
    - Can be manually filled with water to operate.

Suggestion(?)
    Maybe we should make that multiblock into a single block.. or do it in mass-fabby-style!... (all those accessories)

*** Something else ***
    I think this post need some re-formatting..
    Things starts getting messy now.. and I can imagine what it will looks like when there are 1000 post in this thread.. its trash!.. sorry.. but thats what it will be!..

• Official Post

Either we remove it completely (since it is useless, why not?) or bump the energy generation

You can do both of those in IC2's config file :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• ;( compressed plantball is gone.

cells (not universal). while remaining 1-use, i think all recipes should be updated to accept universal, and plain 'cells' be phased out. the item could possibly be converted to some item for the scuba helmet (o2 tank?) or the scuba helmet could be updated (if it hasn't) to use the U.cells of air.

industrial credit-are these still a thing?
    energy-o-mat- is this still a thing? 3 wires and i can bypass it anyway.

fuel rods- lithium and tritium...unless these have use, they should at least be hidden.
    EU-reader -hide until useful
    composite vest -why not just get nano or bronze? (shortage of tin or copper? HA!)
    single use battery- only place i get these are from scrap boxes. better to use rechargeable batteries
    industrial diamond- why is there an industrial diamond when there is no difference between it and a regular diamond...use the regular diamond as the recipe output.

• Official Post

Composite vest would be more useful if we had the full composite armor. Creeperproof ftw.
    Industrial diamonds are used in GregTech as they are harder (to make and physically aswell) than regular diamonds.

• Official Post

Doubleposting cause i really want this to be implemented:
    Change magnetizer to have a GUI and a button which allows you to enable "overcharge" mode which drains 30 EU/t when used but magnetizes 200 blocks and will launch you upwards at an absurd speed (acceleration of 50 m/s²).

Also a config to allow the addition of other mod's boots as valid "metallic" items or to simply disable that behavior.

• Doubleposting cause i really want this to be implemented:
    Change magnetizer to have a GUI and a button which allows you to enable "overcharge" mode which drains 30 EU/t when used but magnetizes 200 blocks and will launch you upwards at an absurd speed (acceleration of 50 m/s²).

Also a config to allow the addition of other mod's boots as valid "metallic" items or to simply disable that behavior.

An OVERPOWERED Railgun xD~
    AWESOME!..

Additional Suggestion: Make it also catch player from above (decelerate player from any speed to stationary) if they wear a metal boots..
    i.e. SUPER Electric Trampoline!

• Official Post

The Chainsaw needs an upgraded version which is a high tier, and has bigger energy storage. It could also have a 3x3 shear mode which takes the energy of 9 normal shears, even if it doesn't shear anyway, but would be great for dense sheep farms ;)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Just buffing things like coffee isn't enough, they should be easier to get. The long and scary chain of IC2 crops is like Forestry's bees, but that has an NEI plugin and addons to make it easier. IC2 really needs an industrial crop breeder to make breeding crops less random and so more fun for those who are lazy (what the community is going to). A bigger way to mass make stuff like coffee and beer would be awesome, like giant vats. That way you could literally swim in your drink. :thumbup:

I see this too much.

• The long and scary chain of IC2 crops is like Forestry's bees, but that has an NEI plugin and addons to make it easier.

Agreed..
    Furthermore, since this is industrial craft..
    player should be go through a process from basic machines all the way to the futuristic and easy-to-work-with style of machines.
    Right now Industrial craft have the former one, but not the latter nor anything in between..
    So far, what IC2 exp has done is to complicates everything instead of creating a transition from: complex->simple or simple->complex...
    Everything just gets complicated all of the sudden.

In fact, you guys can draw a pyramid-like diagram...
    where the bottom level is the basics stuffs such as generator..
    then they gradually progress to more advanced machines..
    And for each tier of machines, they also needs an progress which has a complex-to-simple transition...

For example: in the beginning, to generate electricity is hard due to limited resources, processing materials are complicated due to lack of automation...
    but as we plays, where we gets more resources.. we are able to generate more powers! have more advanced materials! automated machines that simplify the procedure of material processing.

By that, we can feel that we have accomplished something instead of something like:
    "Oh yeah, just get Mass fabby and we win!.. Yay! I got a fabby, now what?"

Mechanics lying behind does not need to be simple to make everything simple.. just like a car, which is made of hundreds even thousands of components, is very easy to drive, right?
    Push the pedal and steer the wheel, volia! your moving!.

Industrial craft should try to do the same =D...

• I like this as well.. i feel the shape of it needs to change as well if possable to allow it to be say in the middle?

Also maybe have a sideways version to shoot things? ( think of the cannon options or better powered "rails"

• Composite vest would be more useful if we had the full composite armor. Creeperproof ftw.
    Industrial diamonds are used in GregTech as they are harder (to make and physically aswell) than regular diamonds.

Agreed...

Maybe add blast protection enchantment to the composite vest too. And possibly add it as a cost to NSuit (and in turn, QSuit) armor.

A even heavy-dutier upgrade (maybe some sort of lead and iron composite) that causes player slowdown for good protection from nukes and wither projectiles would be good too.

• Single-use battery..
    Suggests that we change its capacity to 10k EU instead of 1k...
    That way, many plp will start to using it... instead of leaving them alone..
    By that means, 4 single-use battery can charge a Drill or Chain Saw to 100%...
    Which make it quite useful...

Note: I'm trying to put the single-use battery somewhere between the big power cell and the AAA cell. So that we dont need different single-use battery to make it useful...

If it got buffed like that, sinlge-use battery can remain useful almost anytime..
    But that raise an issue: energy exploit using single-use battery..
    Possible Solution:
    1. No single-use battery in ANY energy storage device.. but can be used in machines though..
    2. Change coal dust in recipe to sulfur dust.

something like that..

• Official Post

Tesla coils are never used by anyone any more, and iron fences are only used for magnetisers, so electric fences? Electric fences

Is there anyway you could buff the tesla coil so it damages more for metal armour types/any that aren't quantum or nano, so suddenly other mod's super protect you from anything armour stops the tesla coil being as useless too?

I see this too much.

• TO DO :
    Better Water Mill :
    Craft :

A-I-A
    D-B-D
    A-G-A

A = Advanced alloy
    I = Iron bar
    D = Diamond
    B = Bucket
    G = Generator

How it will work ?
    Well it will have 3 modes,
    1 : Passive Mode : Surround it with water, no changes, will work like before, maybe with a little boost.
    2 : Active Mode : Pipe Water in, it might seem op, but it will only produce 1 EU every 100 buckets of water, meaning you will need more water for more pressure (that's why recipe requires advanced alloys, diamonds and iron bar; for resisting the high pressure), for more energy, so if you want to automate it, you will need to build some kind of Dam with mass ton clusters of pumps or aqueous accumulator to make it worth better than a solar panel, meaning it will need some infrastructure.
    3 : Hybrid Mode/Passive & Active Mode : This doesn't need a description :P

• Official Post

1 EU every 100 buckets of water

That almost seem like you might as well make a normal one in passive mode, since that makes 0.25EU for free, rather than needing 25 buckets of water and 2 diamonds :P

I see this too much.

• Actually, if you can make a good infrastructure with this, I'm sure you can get away with permanent 1 EU/tick.
    And once you have the water collection infrastructure done, you can make a tank room, make 2 tanks, and use a timer to alternate between them, so when one tank has like 100000000 bucket of water, switch to output mode for this tank and to collection mode for the second one.

I think this add some good gameplay mechanics, and it will make my dream to make a working hydroelectric Dam in minecraft possible :D
    And also, don't forget the hybrid mode, so you have even more EU :P

Edit : And I also think this system will be quite balanced as water in more than infinite in minecraft :P so the watermill won't produce enought EU as a primary energy source but enought as a secondary, like let's say you don't have energy anymore in your treefarm - charcoal producing - energy producing Loop factory, well this energy is infinite, but just enought to restart the whole system.

• (Bump since it is pinned)
    It is very possible that I just don't know the use of these items.

Items:
    obsidian plate
    All dense plates except iron and lead
    Ashes
    Lithium Dust, Lithium Fuel Rod, Tritium Fuel Rod (But I think these are just WIP)
    Plasma Launcher (also thinking it is WIP)
    Uranium-235 could be more useful in its non-tiny form, IRL enriched uranium is 20% or more Uranium-235 (here it's like, 5% max)

Blocks:
    Basalt

Machines:
    Solid Canning Machine (b/c Fluid/Solid Canning Machine) I guess it's twice as efficient but still don't use it