Steam Generator

• Official Post

- Are the steam "explosions" completely normal?

No, that means you are loosing water or distilled water from the boiler. You need to have a condenser either directly attached to the boiler, or to a steam turbine that is getting steam.

- Is there any benefit to having a higher temperature and hence pressure?

Only if you want superheated steam. 220 bars is the lowest superheated steam needs, any higher is unnecessary. If you just want steam, 0 bars is fine.

- How are the Kinetic Steam Generator and Kinetic Generator aligned?

When you place them, the face that either outputs or inputs kinetic units is the one that faces you when you place it. This can be changed with a wrench.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• When you place them, the face that either outputs or inputs kinetic units is the one that faces you when you place it. This can be changed with a wrench.

I have used ic for many years and I still don't know how to rotate blocks with a wrench. Could you please fill me in? :wacko:

• There needs to be some way to clean the steam generator... Having to replace the machine several times a day is just stupid. Even if it's just a tool that you click on the machine with to perform "maintenance" to remove the calcification.

• I'm making upgrades, distilling the water to use in the machine to make distilled water defeats the purpose.

you need to distill and have it go into a canning machine or condensor without a upgrade to can it ( best idea )

and once you made all you need then make it use just distilled water

or use a solar distiller ( pretty cheap ) to make the distilled water

• Official Post

Saying it isn't a machine to make distilled water is misleading. It is, just it's not a long term solution.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Hello,

I try to get Eu from heat, it's working but my liquid heat exchanger make continuous explosion.

See attach images.

Any solution ?

Edit :

This look to work fine (with fluid extractor for the 2 upper machines)
    No better way ?

• Is one of those machines a condensor? The (turbine?) needs a condensor attached. It automatically extracts some of the distilled water vapour (it doesnt seem to extract any other way, such as pipes).

Note that pipes do extract distilled water, but the vapour only goes into a condensor, which transformed it into distilled water. (Both waters can then be recycled back into the closed loop)

• Thanks Pyur,

Is one of those machines a condensor? The (turbine?) needs a condensor attached. It automatically extracts some of the distilled water vapour (it doesnt seem to extract any other way, such as pipes).

Yes the top left one.
    So this is the only solution to avoid explosion effects...

Note that pipes do extract distilled water, but the vapour only goes into a condensor, which transformed it into distilled water. (Both waters can then be recycled back into the closed loop)

Pipe in IC2 ?!

• I need to think before I post.

Obviously this precise scenario is a bit other-mod dependant :)

• I have a stable 816Hu/t 5x5 that produces about 600Eu/t.

First of all this thread is quite old, so if you just wanted to show your design there were other means probably. That being said, here have this 1200Hu/t that produces 900Eu/t when pumped into 6 superheated steam setups:

And as Reactor Planner link: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…h06fjkhhg7ah50dzgfva0qsqo
    Do note you may need 2 ports for the hot coolant output (I made each supply 3 of the 6 superheated steam setups, can provide pics upon request to anyone interested).
    Edit: You may also want a crap-ton of MFSUs to store the energy from it since interrupting the cycle will cost you some distilled water and waste some Hu in the process, not to mention this is quite a fragile setup that needs proper maintenance before starting, to make sure everything is how it should be. I advise you to have Nuclear Control and make a small redstone mechanism so it doesn't blow up if something does go wrong (even though with the above mentioned proper maintenance this should never happen).

• Official Post

Is there a way to have the mB setting changed automatically? Trying to eliminate micro-management.

No, there's nothing that can be configured automatically in the Steam Boiler.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Can any other type of steam producer be used instead of the IC2 Steam Boiler then? Like the MFR Steam Boiler?

Nope, the Steam Boiler produces ic2steam or ic2superheatedsteam and the only thing to accept that is IC2's Steam Turbines to convert it into KU. Oh, and the Condenser accepts ic2steam if you want to turn it all into distilled water directly.

I see this too much.

Edited once, last by Chocohead ().