How to make the new ''Steel''(refinedIron) in the Blast Furnace?

• Official Post

It has a separate texture, where did you expect it to be?

assets\ic2\textures\blocks\machine\blockBlastFurnace

• Just a few FYI's
    the copper part with black around is the heat acceptance side.. make sure it touches your heat making device to xfer the heat ( not sure if cables work.. doubt it but would love to have other inputs or passthroughs)
    it does not use power so you can have it alone exposed ( it needs a face/front or multiple input options )
    it does not consume air cells so that is reusable just recharge them in the compressor
    both dust and bars use just 6 air ( saves you a step?)

Slag can be put in Thermal centerfuge.. and turned into stone and coal dust. ( so a inf way to get coal for diamond making if you have a iron golem farm)

It would be nice if a compressor could be added ontop to auto give compressed air with a ejector upgrade?

will the thermal centerfuge need this setup in the future?

now factual i have a RL working life 8-10h/day and work on IC2 in my free time for relaxing and fun... changelog write != fun ;)

It's a lost cause to get anyone in the Minecraft community to understand this predicament. Can't mod Minecraft when you are fucking poor and starving...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

If there was an official place to put it, I'd write the damn changelog :D Majoirty of the time the Jenkins makes sense, it's just you have to test the changed stuff first sometimes.

Some people just want everything given to them on a plate.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• If there was an official place to put it, I'd write the damn changelog :D Majoirty of the time the Jenkins makes sense, it's just you have to test the changed stuff first sometimes.

Some people just want everything given to them on a plate.

*hugs* i appreciate that it is not a easy thing to make/code/do :)

thats why i mention and back off :) the devs do talk in the forums some so all i need to do is poke poke poke when i find something that i can't understand..
    some of the changes will take time to learn and grow from

• Official Post

Put them in a thermal centrifuge to make coal dust and stone dust. Or throw them at a cactus.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Right now it's only use is to make construction foam.

I see this too much.

• Just now I tried to put the ash in a thermal centrifuge but it didn't accept this ash. I tried with pressed Shift button as well with the same zero result. May it be a bag?

• Official Post

Hang on, the Blast Furnace makes slag, which can be made into stone dust and coal dust. Where is the ash coming from?

I see this too much.

• Official Post

By throwing it in lava. It's useless.

IMO you should be able to make fertiliser with it, but right now it has no use.

I see this too much.

• I appreciate this thread, since I had figured out that I'd need to place a heat generator next to the blast furnace, but hadn't realized I'd need to make the colored squares touch each other.

I have a couple of things to mention about the Blast Furnace and related items, though:
    1. I tried with build 645, and the Electric Heat Generator now has 10 slots for coils, and with them all filled, it outputs 100 heat (10 heat per coil).
    2. The new Blast Furnace is painfully slow - even when preheated first, and kept hot with that 10-coil electric heat generator, it takes about 3 seconds to progress by 1% (regardless of which of the 5 possible items is used as input), which means it takes about 5 real-time minutes to make one refined iron ingot, or 20 minutes to make enough for one advanced machine casing (not even counting the time for converting the refined iron ingots to plates). I crunched some numbers, and starting from the mined items (iron ore blocks, tin ore blocks, copper ore blocks, and coal), using a macerator, electric furnace, metal former, and compressor, with no overclocker upgrades on any of them, and not leaving items processing in some while I use others, I could make the rest of the items for an advanced machine casing in a little under 19 minutes. I could easily speed that up by running several of the machines concurrently and adding some overclocker upgrades (and possibly even smelting un-macerated ore for the iron plates and tin plates), but I see no way to make the blast furnace run faster. For comparison, the longest processing time for a GregTech Industrial Blast Furnace is 100 seconds (when processing Tungsten Dust or a Tungsten Ingot with a Steel Ingot (and btw, the latter is distinct from a refined iron ingot in GregTech), according to http://feed-the-beast.wikia.co…/Industrial_Blast_Furnace), and even a Railcraft Blast Furnace only takes 2 minutes 8 seconds to smelt iron into steel (according to http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Blast_Furnace). Any idea why it's this slow?

• Official Post

IC² blast furnace speed is heat independant (it still requires 1 heat/s to function though).
    The reasoning it takes so long is that it works differently. It turns iron + air into steel + slag.
    Slag is a byproduct which can be centrifuged into coal and gold.

• It does seem a bit silly to me that it only accepts 1 heat. My biogas heater flickers on only for one tick every few seconds. It seems like it should go faster when given more heat, like from a fully populated electric heater.

• Official Post

The blast furnace doesn't use the heat once running, the heat is merely maintained, which is why it only uses 1hU.

I see this too much.

• The reasoning it takes so long is that it works differently. It turns iron + air into steel + slag.

I'm not sure that really justifies it taking an entire minecraft day to produce 4 refined iron ingots in one of them, but on the other hand, by the time I have enough energy production (e.g. nuclear reactor(s) and/or Radioisotope Thermal Generators) to consider adding overclocker upgrades to my other machines, I should easily be able to build and run several blast furnaces in parallel. I might have been trying to build advanced solar panels too early, and I hadn't noticed the addition of the RTGs (which now that I look at their description on the Wiki seem more attractive than advanced solar panels).

• I'm not sure that really justifies it taking an entire minecraft day to produce 4 refined iron ingots in one of them, but on the other hand, by the time I have enough energy production (e.g. nuclear reactor(s) and/or Radioisotope Thermal Generators) to consider adding overclocker upgrades to my other machines, I should easily be able to build and run several blast furnaces in parallel. I might have been trying to build advanced solar panels too early, and I hadn't noticed the addition of the RTGs (which now that I look at their description on the Wiki seem more attractive than advanced solar panels).

they do.. the max though a single reactor gives is 32 eu/t and would require a nuclear reactor to do.. its a expensive process and one i am working out the costs but imho in the long run worth it!