[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• Hi Player,
    I don't know if Fastcraft allows to unload the Overworld to increase performance, beacuse lately my Server always crashes after 1.18:
    http://pastebin.com/SnPbHwC5
    If not then I wonder what's causing this (I haven't changed much since it worked last)...

Greetings
    ultrasn0w

• Official Post

TickDynamic: I've already indicated in the reddit thread that it's not nearly as great of an idea in practice. It's not a new idea, sk89q and I tried it before, each independently, and ran into several corner cases making it much less attractive for general use. I have better ideas to achieve similar effects besides the generic tweaks FastCraft already does.

scorpian3600: Your crash report is missing the top bit, including all the necessary information. Please post it again.

ultrasn0w: I'm currently not altering chunk/dimension management in any directly relevant way, it may be that weather2 is just causing dimensions to load a bit too early (if it happens after startup) or something else unloading the spawn area. I unfortunately don't have the time to investigate this myself atm, the cause isn't obvious. FastCraft however is unlikely to be involved.

• Official Post

Interessting how TickDynamic works. I wonder how it interacts with Mod Machines, especially if it continues to use the Blocks, which didn't tick on the tick before, instead of favoring the first few placed TileEntities while nothing else gets updated and freezes. Or Buildcraft Pipes, those will definetly get Issues if they don't tick every tick.

• Can I use FastCraft in my new modpack that I am making. It will be on the FTB Launcher. If so can you reply or send me a PM. Thank you for reading this and thank you for making this mod.

• I was wondering about another thing... In most youtube videos and screenhots here and there I see people having a multiplayer chunk cache of around 425 or something. However, mine on my local server is pretty rediculously high at 625.. I sometimes see spikes on chunk updates to 4000!!! No idea why as the only few chunk loaders (dimensional anchors) I have only chunkload a small area.

Is there any way to bring that MP chunk limit down since I think that might also speed up things?

• I was wondering about another thing... In most youtube videos and screenhots here and there I see people having a multiplayer chunk cache of around 425 or something. However, mine on my local server is pretty rediculously high at 625.. I sometimes see spikes on chunk updates to 4000!!! No idea why as the only few chunk loaders (dimensional anchors) I have only chunkload a small area.

Is there any way to bring that MP chunk limit down since I think that might also speed up things?

You might need to change the view distance in your server config, as for dedicated servers it is separate from the client view distance.

Okay, might someone with more experience in java help me out here, I'm having a lot of tick lag on my integrated server (my average ticks taking 150ms, but spikes going insanely high), I've included a nps recorded with /sampler spiketrigger 1000
    If someone can point me towards the cause of these spikes, I can finally start looking for a way to fix them!

• Official Post

Next release hype! :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

A few days.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Why wait when you can be annoying people RIGHT NOW !? ;D

because the usual reply to that question is "why let you annoy me when I can ban you RIGHT NOW!?!?!" (Yes, I just paraphrased one of the rules of the interwebs, sue me!)

• Honestly, about the permissions, the problem of people not understanding the mod and slapping it in a modpack could be averted by a simple FUCK YOU to those who come here crying ;)

AND it would be hillarious

• I get this crash when using this mod (1.16, 1.18, and today with 1.19) along with Optifine and the Forge version of FpsPlus (and other, normal mods):

• I get this crash when using this mod (1.16, 1.18, and today with 1.19) along with Optifine and the Forge version of FpsPlus (and other, normal mods):

fpsPlus and optifine are mutually exclusive, they both have the option to change the math functions to a faster one, so if you have optifine you dont need fpsPlus