[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• Notification of Modpack Inclusion:

This post is to inform the creator of FastCraft (Player) that this mod will be included in Survival Stories 3 via the FTB launcher and curse launcher.

The modpack description will include the following to credit you for your work:

This pack contains Fastcraft, by Player, enabled by default. Fastcraft enhances Minecraft with increased performance. Bug reports being made directly to Mod Authors should state Fastcraft is enabled.

I will also ensure that I follow the rule of keeping an up to date version packed with my modpack.

Thank you!

• Official Post

It's well known that CoFH Tweaks is incompatible with both Fastcraft and Optifine.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Notification of Modpack Inclusion:

This post is to inform the creator of FastCraft (Player) that this mod will be included in For The Love of Adventure via the Curse launcher. This pack was created by Candice and Phishphan for Tlovetech to use on his private servers.

The modpack description will include the following to credit you for your work:

This pack contains Fastcraft, by Player, enabled by default. Fastcraft enhances Minecraft with increased performance. Bug reports being made directly to Mod Authors should state Fastcraft is enabled.

I will also ensure that I follow the rule of keeping an up to date version packed with my modpack.

Thank you!

• Is there any reason that FastCraft couldn't be used in a Curse Launcher modpack? From what I can tell it would fit all of the conditions of the redistribution permissions but I'm being told that it can't be put in a Curse pack? Does anybody know if this is true or not?

Thanks

• Official Post

ajthemacboy: I think I have this fixed for the next build.

Kittykiller: Most likely not a FC bug, the mention is just an unrelated hook. Unfortunately the stack trace is incompletely recorded, so it's hard to figure out what actually happened.

Fayti1703: CoFHTweaks is incompatible and without changes on their side I can't change that in a reasonable way.

Phishphan420: You can only use it in FTB packs atm (that get mirrored to Curse afaik), FC may be available from there soon.

• I use the fastcraft-1.22-ctest17 because my modpack crashes with the older one, and i found a problem with this version - all the squids in the water are invisible (if i spawn them on ground they are visible, but all that are in the water are invisible). I even tried removing mods and tried running just with fastcraft and i always have invisible squids.

• Hello. Sorry lyrics a bit mixed. :wacko:

Whether it is planned to add a transfer to FC(move some settlements) of the computation on the graphics card to offload the CPU, at the moment if you use a large modpack like this, the CPU performance is not enough (it is almost always 100%), and the graphics card hardly used (only 0-3% GPU usage, sometimes 20%, and then rises fps). Cleaning most mods are not offloads the CPU to remove much of the burden should be conditioned 100 to remove 40 and more.
    Current FPS in this set 1-3 (single world bop generation). Also strange is that the server says that he has 20 TPS and all is well. Information from the npc files do not show ((
    If you remove mod that according to debug programs that nothing has changed, as if I did not remove all these mods. Removing optifine or FC or NEID lead to malfunction of the game in general. If you remove the parameters of Java-machine is also the world can not be generated by word of a memory leak, and the launch of the game will be longer than usual. Isolation of more memory does not solve the problem. When testing all the programs were closed, leaving some background. I have danced with the config parameters, the result is: less swearing on decorator biome. If you believe the log analysis GC he did not spend much time on garbage collection.

Using a different version of Java (7 and 8 ) does not give result, the behavior of the same. On 8 Java often can fly itself JVM.
    Current optimization FC 1.22stest17 not cope with the CPU and the rise of performance. :S
    If the problem is due to some sections of the code in the modes, how to guess they cause is not good behavior and memory leaks? Considering that explicitly and implicitly, they are often not visible.
    FML logs and debugging silent. Can certainly should change the approach to this problem.

P.S. Several additional screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/S0Eex
    P.P.S. RAM 8gb, CPU Intel i5 2450m, GPU gt650m 1gb GDDR5

• First, you are horribly over-specifying stuff to the JVM. Do you even know what those options are doing, or did you just copy/paste? Did you test to see if those are even right? Most of those have "auto-tune" behavior by the VM.

Second: Moving work from the CPU to the GPU is not trivial. Minecraft was written to primarily use the CPU and not the GPU; getting a vendor-independent set of routines to make use of a GPU that is not known at the time you write code is really, really hard.

FPS is determined by the client thread, and how long it takes to do things, primarily redrawing. TPS is determined by the server thread, and how long it takes to do things, primarily ticking blocks and entities. It is very possible for the server work to be short, and generate massive redraw work for the client. The client is very good at only doing a few things when it has a big backlog, and prioritizes stuff close to you in your field of vision; yet it can still find that one task will take a large fraction of a second.

I would strongly recommend removing most of those args to start. You mention memory leaks, but there's nothing I can see there that deals with any attempt to diagnose that.

• keybounce,

did you just copy/paste?

no, they were picked up by brute force, and after each change of the game is launched, the creation of a new world and a test run, digging, setting blocks. Parameters I took based on the articles of various kinds, and Java-docks.

Most of those have "auto-tune" behavior by the VM.

VM default values? Hmm .. are you sure?

Minecraft was written to primarily use the CPU and not the GPU

I just try to solve this problem

getting a vendor-independent set of routines to make use of a GPU that is not known at the time you write code is really, really hard.

use GLSL/OpenCL as an easier option than CUDA?

I would strongly recommend removing most of those args to start

I removed one by one parameters and their ligaments to the base (leaving only the permsize and heapp selection)

You mention memory leaks, but there's nothing I can see there that deals with any attempt to diagnose that

only run with the parameters: -XX:PermSize=300m -XX:MaxPermSize=300m -Xmx3400m -> that is, just select the basic resources to solve the rest say JVM. When generating the world pop up (this usually occurs when the flow of the world write to the disk, but may be in a different stage of generation of the world)
    In these screenshots, it is not shown, they are made with the successful launch and the world after his entry of a new generation.

• use GLSL/OpenCL as an easier option than CUDA?

Sure. Code written to use OpenCL or the equivalent will run fine on any system with OpenCL drivers. Not all systems have it; older systems did not. When minecraft was developed, I don't think it was widespread at all.

Now, if you want to use OpenCL as a way to run code that was not designed for OpenCL? I don't think you can (I am not familiar enough with it).

only run with the parameters: -XX:PermSize=300m -XX:MaxPermSize=300m -Xmx3400m

First, on J8, PermSize arguments are ignored.
    Second, "-XX:PermSize" should never be mentioned. "-XX:MaxPermSize" is sufficient; the garbage collection will reallocate memory as needed, and it avoids wasting memory that is not needed for the permgen.

Minecraft has leaks. Even server-side (dedicated server). So yea, no GC will get rid of all the garbage, because it does not fit the definition of garbage (there are still pointers in hashmaps that point to it). Yet either you are saying that the world won't generate because of leaks without these options, or I'm misunderstanding you.

I can say that CMS wants a large new generation. 186 MB is not enough. I use 800, and my modpacks are not that huge. The biggest key for me is to get the large collections down to 30 seconds or longer.

• keybounce,

Now, if you want to use OpenCL as a way to run code that was not designed for OpenCL? I don't think you can (I am not familiar enough with it).

from the moment of writing MC a few years, not only is it already rewriting several times (perhaps not completely). One of the brakes of the game is that everything goes through google EventBas(lib), although they could do so only if it is detected version of Java 6, but not for everyone. Modern councils and the authors of the mods/modpacks recommended to put 7 or 8 version of Java, he Forge long-compiled Java 7 with the flag of compatibility with Java 6. I do not know why they still support version 6 of Java, MC with mods is not a game that consumes few resources. And without mods than the newer version of the game the more consumption. Versions of the game are written under the platform other than Windows, Linux, OS X, different code.

Even server-side (dedicated server)

He is very mischievous and often likes fail, if Vanilla Forge server to run next to the game and it will be better.

Yet either you are saying that the world won't generate because of leaks without these options, or I'm misunderstanding you.

during the generation of "Old gen" will be filled with the process and either hang or fall.

I can say that CMS wants a large new generation. 186 MB is not enough. I use 800, and my modpacks are not that huge. The biggest key for me is to get the large collections down to 30 seconds or longer.

honestly at this size (186), the number of garbage collections is about ~5250(all types throughout heap), with a total duration of 3 minutes(1 collect an average of ~34 ms), per 30 minutes games. The increase in the younger generation reduces the number of garbage collections, but unfortunately the problem with 1 FPS that does not solve already checked.

• Official Post

I do not know why they still support version 6 of Java

A fair number of Unix based operating systems still ship with Java 6 by default.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• He is very mischievous and often likes fail, if Vanilla Forge server to run next to the game and it will be better.

Sorry, the auto-translation came out gibberish. I did not understand you.

during the generation of "Old gen" will be filled with the process and either hang or fall.

Not really sure I understand this either.

If old gen fills, that's an out of memory error.
    The point of garbage collection should be to remove enough junk to prevent that.

CMS garbage collection really, *really* needs to avoid premature promotion.
    The best way to have that is with a giant new space.

honestly at this size (186), the number of garbage collections is about ~5250(all types throughout heap), with a total duration of 3 minutes(1 collect an average of ~34 ms), per 30 minutes games. The increase in the younger generation reduces the number of garbage collections, but unfortunately the problem with 1 FPS that does not solve already checked.

What I can say is that, having done a lot of testing, minecraft garbage collects best when there is enough space in New such that objects live in Survivor for at least 30 seconds (to die off as junk) before being promoted to Tenured. That needs a lot of space in New.

• OK, I think I understand that you have two issues:

1: Very low frame rate (1 tps) on clients
    2: Server will run out of memory on startup without some rather strange GC flags

And, this is a dedicated server / clients connecting issue.

Lets start with that. Am I understanding the problems correctly?

• Ok, lets address these one at a time.

First, you might want to have different flags for client and server. They will be doing different things, with different needs, especially with the memory.

Lets start here. Try starting the server with this:

-XX:+UseG1GC -Xmx3400m

and see if it works.

Now, are you able to use JVisualVM to examine the memory heap? (Upper right corner of the process monitor tab)

Basically, if it works, I'd want to see either a screenshot of the memory usage, or a copy of the garbage collection log, as the first thing to try to figure out why you are running out of memory during startup with some GC's and not other GC's.