Machine to make lava

• Seems a little too end game is my only problem with it. I want lava for Obsidian and using a UUM is waaay too difficult for that as I could just make obsidian.

• Well I mean how Are you supposed to get it? It becomes tedious to transport lava in buckets to the upper world to make the obsidian there. I mean if you dont think it really makes sense then I guess I will just try to find another way to do it. Its not a great machine Ill give you that. I thought about making it a functionality of the centrifuge. It would make sense but then you could make endless energy so I dont think that would work.

• Official Post

The IC2 pump works great on draining the nether lava, so you're only problem is taking them from the nether to the overworld. Universal Fluid cells after all stack and can be used to put lava in the world.
    BTW, distilled water can be placed in the nether, and that makes obsidian when it hits lava, so you could make it without even needing to move the lava ;)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

I think in a recent change they changed how far it drains fluids.
    Get a universal fluid cell with distilled water and enjoy using it as a bucket in the nether :)

Distilled water can be easily made with the solar destiller (this is a typo Thunderdark...)

• Official Post

(this is a typo Thunderdark...)

I posted it on the bug tracker when it was added, and it was meant to be fixed. So I posted it back a few hours ago.

And the pump now empties pools at the same level as it's on. So it's actually useful now ;)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• I posted it on the bug tracker when it was added, and it was meant to be fixed. So I posted it back a few hours ago.

And the pump now empties pools at the same level as it's on. So it's actually useful now ;)

how doe sthe pump drain .. like the miner? how far of a radius

Also the universal cells are AWESOME!!! they take a bit to make .. but stackable and reusable.. much better then the old tin cans of yore

• Official Post

how doe sthe pump drain .. like the miner? how far of a radius

Also the universal cells are AWESOME!!! they take a bit to make .. but stackable and reusable.. much better then the old tin cans of yore

Pretty sure the Miner now ignores liquid from what I heard from Thunderdark on Quetzi's stream, but never actually tried putting the 2 next to each other. The radius of the pump is big, but I never determined how big big is.

I still like the old tin cans :P

I see this too much.

• buildcraft pump
    bottling plant
    hoppers
    large supply of universal cells
    powered obviously by geotermal generator
    nether portal
    everything inside quarry chunk loading
    dispencer

home area:
    nether portal with flush area filled with large amount of hoppers
    large tank (or VERY LARGE) (or large area and flood gate)
    bottling plant
    one more quarry to keep chunks loaded

Actually i always wanted some machine that can generate lava from stone and energy, but always delayed that for random reasons.

Actually i always wanted some machine that can generate lava from stone and energy, but always delayed that for random reasons.

i will add a Lava creator (will be a Smelter) use Heat + Stone -> lava ...but it is necessary energy use > 2 * energy gain in Geo Generator to prevent loop

• Official Post

It just needs a config option so you can balance it around other mod's lava usage. 2*geo gen could just be the default.

I see this too much.

• I have planned 2 - 16 times more energy and 8-64 stones to create single lava *bucket* based off steam generator (accept stone dust instead of water and produce lava instead of steam, more heat - less cost, internal tank for lava 1024 buckets, can explode if overheated, "calcify" (and explode) over time, can be decalcified by redstone (that also can be melted into lava - at 2x energy cost but do not calcify).

Actually blast furnace can melt stone into lava just fine without adding one more machine.
    If stone present istead of air cells empty cells accepted.

exploits by other mods:
    ha-ha-ha
    There is no way to take into account every single mod in world and this is not reason to reject features.

Its just like "we can't do this, this will upset niggers\islamists\vegetarians\someone else"

• Official Post

You mean MUCH more than * 2 of Geo Generator, because it will create too many easy exploits making Lava that way. I bet you there will be at least one Mod that will create exploits with that.

I know one of those mods, as GregTech allows lava centrifuging for metals :D

Aside that, make it similar to what rawcode suggested.
    Use the blast furnace, where you swap the iron for stone dust (that will up the heat cost from 1 to 50+) and obtain lava fluid in the end.