[IC2 Exp][1.7.10][WIP] EnetBridge 1.7

• I keep getting these messages spamming my server's console

29.11 22:44:26 [Server] Server thread/WARN [IC2]: EnergyNet.addTileEntity: appeng.tile.misc.TileInscriber@2eb8ef77 (appeng.tile.misc.TileInscriber@2eb8ef77) is still conflicting with adaptors.RfBlockDelegate@4859d5e0 using the same position (overlapping), aborting
    29.11 22:44:26 [Server] Server thread/WARN [IC2]: EnergyNet.removeTileEntity: appeng.tile.misc.TileInscriber@2eb8ef77 (appeng.tile.misc.TileInscriber@2eb8ef77) doesn't match the registered te adaptors.RfBlockDelegate@4859d5e0, skipping

If I'm reading this right, interactions with AE2 are currently broken...

• Official Post

Player, just wondering, where's this mod going? Are you still going to work on it, just you've got other more important stuff to do, or have you abandoned it? Since right now it is pretty broken, with log spamming, and it not actually converting RF -> EU

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Player, just wondering, where's this mod going? Are you still going to work on it, just you've got other more important stuff to do, or have you abandoned it? Since right now it is pretty broken, with log spamming, and it not actually converting RF -> EU

Yeah, seems to be breaking pretty badly with the latest versions of Buildcraft and Ender IO (looks like Buildcraft API) -- http://pastebin.com/iBf4cDmX

EU <-> RF 3:25 (approx. generator vs steam dynamo with charcoal)
    EU <-> MJ 3:1 (traditional forestry ratio)

I always thought EU:MJ was 2.55:1, since RF is 10 times the amount of MJ.

• Official Post

I always thought EU:MJ was 2.55:1, since RF is 10 times the amount of MJ.

The conversion rate was never set in stone. 3:1 was Forestry's ratio, but 5:2 was also much more widely used, which is why EU -> RF is officially 1:4, although in reality it should be much more than that considering how cheaply relatively large amounts of RF can be generated compared to the cost of IC2 generators. Conversion rates are as much down to how the mod authors see as fair as it is hard maths.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• EU <-> RF 3:25 (approx. generator vs steam dynamo with charcoal)
    EU <-> MJ 3:1 (traditional forestry ratio)
    EU <-> FZ Charge 1:1 (based on smelting energy use, not final)

The Correct converting is a little bit differend you make a mess to the Energy Conversation.
    And because IC2 Energy is not a solid number (2 is a solid number, 2,222 not)
    the correct convertings are:

EU to MJ: 2,5EU = 1 MJ. (Set by the first IC2 BC Converting Addons!)
    EU to RF: 1EU = 4RF. (Set by TE3 Itself)
    To factorisation i have no clue but as far as i know a lot of energy.
    I think 1EU = 10 Charge. But i do not know it really.

• FZ charge is a long story, but I don't really think it should merrit conversion, or else it will break FZ energy system :P , but you can compare them with how much steam 1 bucket of steam generate Eu in a steam turbine, vs the how many charge in a FZ steam turbine and then divide it, and you will have the coefficient :)

• FZ charge is a long story, but I don't really think it should merrit conversion, or else it will break FZ energy system :P , but you can compare them with how much steam 1 bucket of steam generate Eu in a steam turbine, vs the how many charge in a FZ steam turbine and then divide it, and you will have the coefficient :)

Hmmm Interesting. But with factorization it changes how much it produces. Because the higher the speed the more energy get produced so less steam usage but more power (true to keep up it uses more steam but the power output will be bigger).
    And to add a math: 320mB Steam = 200 EU.
    I did code test that while i was adjusting IC2 Classic to the IC2 Exp API.
    I have to ask neptunePink for that. I anyway want to make my machines to the thing compatible... (FZ energy)

• bug with electric tools draining flux armor instead of active capacitors or nothing at all, and what would be preventing machine interaction if you're using the RF API correctly like you should be Player ...?

• Official Post

I think it's just the RF API out when Player made this is so much older and different to what it is now that it just broke.

I see this too much.

• I'll possibly work out a new version tomorrow, fix the busted RF and give some control options, at least have drain from RF armor disabled by default as I don't see that in use anywhere bar being an annoyance, after I've unravelled the source that is... what is with modders and these 'delegate' classes, java doesn't have delegates... X(

• It says EU to RF is at 3:25 ratio?

I just wanted to point out that even though this works comparing a steam dynamo to a generator, TE machines are muchmore efficient. A Redstone Furnace uses roughly... 230 EU, at the 3:25 conversion rate, to smelt one item. An electric furnace uses 390 eu.

I know in I think 1.5, there was a big deal about fuels being changed, apparently by ic2, forestry, railcraft, and bc, to all be kind of a 'standard'? At the time many people complained, and I remember lemming saying he was making his dynamos follow the standard, but offering a config for people who wanted to set things back to the old way.

The thing is, what does it matter if a dynamo makes 32000 rf and a generator makes 4000 eu, if the RF machines run almost twice as efficiently? An electric furnace will smelt 10 items, a Redstone furnace smelts 17.

Personally I wish 1 charcoal even in an electric furnace only smelted 4 or 5 items so it made tree farms not so OP, I just wanted to point out that the conversion ratios don't seem to matter if the machines that use each form of power are noticeably more or less efficient.

• The part that RF produce 32k RF and its twiche as much power as a generator produce stays on the fact that The first consume water and orientate on Railcraft boilers and the second thing they do not care about gamebalancing.

The gamebalancing is totally messed up at all in 1.7.10.... I mean a enderquarry which is not that fast require more than 600 RF per tick ony to run at basic full speed ( without upgrades) and even a quarry powered with 200RF is still faster...
    <.< Guys sit together and make a clean gamebalance.... The old balances with 1.1 and 1.2.5 and 1.4.7 were totally good...

I personally do not understand it. <.<

• Official Post

The gamebalancing is totally messed up at all in 1.7.10.... I mean a enderquarry which is not that fast require more than 600 RF per tick ony to run at basic full speed ( without upgrades) and even a quarry powered with 200RF is still faster...

The ender quarry was designed with RF, and doesn't make massive world holes. The normal quarry makes big holes, is often disabled as the ender quarry uses less processing power and was designed for MJ.

Guys sit together and make a clean gamebalance....

Never going to happen, there's just not 5 people that can make their minds up to decide balance, the entire community needs to, while there's a struggle on to get users to use their stuff, therefore balance goes out of the window.

The old balances with 1.1 and 1.2.5 and 1.4.7 were totally good...

As there was EU, and MJ. That was it (ignoring Bluetricity). The only conversions were the Forestry engines and power converters. Now there's a huge number of different conversion methods, leaving even balanced mods vulnerable to another mod's power system unbalancing it. With most things using RF now, literally the conversion is free, leaving the different mods free to unbalance each other.

I personally do not understand it. <.<

The longer you've been here, IMO the easier it is to see. If you look further to Beta 1.7.3 when Forge was just coming out, there was no cross mod interactions at all, and a whole less mods overall, meaning there was normally just 1 way to do things, and so the debalancing just couldn't take place that we have now.

I see this too much.

• Do you understand at least why i am avoiding to update ic2 Classic (Maybe change the name to Original) to 1.7.10?
    I do not want to mess with the whole stuff that is going on.....

• Official Post

If you look at IC2, and compare it to say TE, it'll be underpowered, as you're using more resources to make an ore processing system without extra byproducts (if you just make the macerator). If you compare IC2 to GT, it is overpowered, as you can use less resources to achieve ore doubling. Depending on what is being compared to what determines it's balance, everything is relative. Sometimes you've just got to accept you've not got the cheapest solution, or some people might prefer to still use TE and MFR over IC2 and Forestry. That doesn't mean that IC2 and Forestry should suddenly get massively cheaper or just stop all together, it just means people use it differently to each other, which isn't a bad thing. Why do you think there was only ever Technic for Beta 1.7.3 compared to all the different FTB and Technicpack packs we have now? It's hard to mess with something that's already in a mess, especially when what you'd be doing is making IC2 more accessable by making it cheaper, so if anything you'd be drawing in people to use it, rather than messing up the dodgy conversions. RF -> EU will never really be balanced, as won't RF in general, but inside EU as a power system it is. You should always remember that we're protected in our bubble of EU, and that that means we're already one step up on the RF gang before you even get going.

So you know, update to 1.7.10. And get xbony to update Modloader. :P

I see this too much.

• Official Post

*shock*

Player you rock

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Found a minor bug, the first line of the config file is:

Code
    ; ic2 general config

wonder where you could ever have got the config generation code from...

I see this too much.

• The OP is updated to version 1.6.

I've fixed a few bugs, removed MJ support, updated to the latest RF api, added config options to disable item or tile entity integration and made it possible to use server-only.

what bugs were fixed since 1.4? I currently seem to have found one where RF > EU is being done at 1.9... instead of 8.333..., something about a magic number 264 EU/t (no rounding).

disregard that, RF is stupid (max input is not actually the max input...)