little question

• you have any problems with researching easy stuff self?

place single rod and large amount of vents, run reactor and you got answer...

place 1000 colant and watch both tanks, now you have answer....

• take a stopwatch ... start it when switching on, wait until the cool-coolant tank runs out, stop watch, measure time, do math

FYI

20ticks/second

the longer it runs the more precise you can do your math

care to share your result ? :) i can not test it yet ... muss noch arbeiten :P

• ok, my first try.

my reactor runs at exactly 400 Hu/s

i had 25 buildcraft tanks (25x16 buckets = 400.000mB)

+ 10.000mb coolant in the reactor (= 410.000mB)

+ 500mB in the extraction Pipe (atleast i think its 500mB)

So, 410.500mB Coolant

I stopped the stopwatch at the moment all the coolant was converted.

17:08 -> 1028 seconds (20560 ticks)

Now i do the math. :D

[EDIT]
    ok, the math was easier than expected.

400 Hu/s (heat units per second) x 1028 seconds = 411200 Hu

and 411200 Hu / 410500 mb = 1.0017 Hu/mB

So i think we can now officially say that 1 Hu equals 1 mb of coolant

please feel free to test this by yourself and confirm this. I am very happy that it all worked so good. i think i dont even need a second try.
    Hope i could help some of you guys :)

• So you already knew the ratio but told me to do the experiment by myself and now you come back, say that it was obviously and is stated in the tutorial?

Thank you for not helping me right at the beginning, you unfriendly potatoe

• Thy Bratzi for sharing, i'll take this into consideration ... this is a nice way to store power XD

a bedrockium drum was never such a good power storage since steam XD and the rednet power cable convert way more efficient to RF than expected ... i think i will build my base on IC2 nuclear reactor power feeded from pneumaticcraft rainplants , infinite water and a void pipe XD .... now i need to find out why i seem to not find a usable ammount of uranium in my world, did the worldgen get an BIG NERF? can i regen it ... looks like in some version change the ore got replaced and the uranium nearly vanisched somehow?

• So you already knew the ratio but told me to do the experiment by myself and now you come back, say that it was obviously and is stated in the tutorial?

Thank you for not helping me right at the beginning, you unfriendly potatoe

Don't insult the potatoes. They are far nicer than him. :)

You see, when you open new doors, there is a price to pay. Now imagine... tonight, you look under your bed, and, lo and behold, you find a monster! And you're immediately eaten. Now, if you hadn't looked for the monster, you wouldn't have found it and you'd still be happy in your beds, instead of being slowly digested in the stomach sack of the creature. But, with any luck, your sister or your brothers might have heard your screams, and your endeavor will serve as a valuable lesson to them.

• people dont like when someone force them to work.
    they dont like to search, they dont like to read.

this is "normal" and expected.

unlike spoonfeeding idiots iam atleast try to teach other users, instead of giving fish, i tell them how to assemble fishpole...

• true :) for me i don't understand enough.. seeing a setup and not knowing the settings does not help.. but seeing a guide i can build upon .. :( giving me basics i can build better

• sharing any information available from public source or simple research is spoonfeeding.

or you could point to the location ot eh resources and if someone shows to be spoonfeeding stop feeding THAT person

• Official Post

I don't consider it simple research, especially since the newest features of IC² are either badly or non documented. I myself did not know that "simple" rate of heat and coolant.
    There is no good repository of those informations (see the official wiki or even the FTB one). Instead of complaining about "spoonfeeding", what about helping the community?

• No, Uranium generation hasn't been changed. Only worldgen that has changed is Lead, and that got a buff.

It did? When? I have finally been building a reactor in my real/survival world and though I have something like 80 uranium ore, I don't yet have enough lead to complete the 5x5 containment dome... those access ports take a lot of bloody lead.