Config for the new E-Net

• what about my spectrum cable ( To keep glass Fibre and make it logic ) suggestion :c ?

• about gold - look here at resistances :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E…istivity_and_conductivity

Gold is not oxidizing , so it is better for contacts exposed to oxygen - but copper is better conductor.

About electrum - this is gregtech mod item. - one can include that into ic2 (ic3?) - ask developers - they do not let me in for now :D can;t code it.

Anyway - i'll try newest greg tech if it allow upgrade of existing world to greg tech :)

Inteligence is not everything - wisdom is more than that.
    "Survival is survival dammit.. don't give me this stinky cheated diamonds.. .. or else.." - by unknown hero

• My proposition was to add spectrum dust, which convert light into electricity and vice versa losslessly, and this fictive material would at least make glass fibre more logical, and for recipe, look up 1 page or 2 before ^^

• well - it is an option - anyway - it needs resource recalculation :) - i really cared about making it more logical at all :)

Inteligence is not everything - wisdom is more than that.
    "Survival is survival dammit.. don't give me this stinky cheated diamonds.. .. or else.." - by unknown hero

• Official Post

My proposition was to add spectrum dust, which convert light into electricity and vice versa losslessly, and this fictive material would at least make glass fibre more logical, and for recipe, look up 1 page or 2 before ^^

Does this mean there is no Real Life Crystal that can convert Electricity to Light and vice versa? I know there is a kind of Crystal that can do vibrations to Electricity and vice versa (I think it is called Piezo Crystal, not sure about the spelling/translation though)

• Official Post

Google suggests that Piezo Crystal seems to be a good enough translation

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• yes, I also think it's piezo crystal because it's the same in french ^^ and I checked on GT ( not gregtech XD but google ) and it's made out of quartz if my memories are correct, but I think my spectrum dust suggestion make glass fibre "logical" in the minecraft way :P , and the recipe is balanced, so you can't rush for glass fibre anymore, and it also make glass fibre recipe a bit more complex and fun :D

• WTF? They use gold thread to bond the bare microchip to the pins inside the packaging, supposedly because it's a better conductor. It isn't exposed to air since it's inside the sealed package.

• Does this mean there is no Real Life Crystal that can convert Electricity to Light and vice versa? I know there is a kind of Crystal that can do vibrations to Electricity and vice versa (I think it is called Piezo Crystal, not sure about the spelling/translation though)

I believe Piezo ( or were there two Zzs? ) is the process; the material is simply a quartz crystal.

• Official Post

so you can't rush for glass fibre anymore

You can't really anyway, since they require loads of diamonds to put any decent amount down.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Yeah, but be lucky with your minecraft seed or have dungeon mods installed, and glass fibre is easy peasy to make, at least, with my proposition, you need some tech to get the spectrum dust ( at least a thermal centrifuge and a constant generator ) and piezo crystals are indeed made out of quartz, and a lot of modern/fancy watches ( I live in the french part of switzerland, geneva, so I know that :D ) uses quartz piezo crystal vibrators as a more precise way to have seconds ( not as precise as a nuclear watch though ;) ) and no, the fact that I wanted quartz dust be one of the component of the spectrum dust compound is a pure coincidence with piezo crystals ;) :P :D ( no but really ).

And @ Gold, I also used to think gold was a better conductor than copper and silver, because of the circuits and stuff, until I went on Internet to see if I was right or no :P

• But if you have other mods installed, it makes the crafting a BIT more complex, and besides, why not adding another dust then, called the spectrum dust, that requires some rare dusts to be crafted, the recipe would be shapeless : energium dust, diamond dust, electrum dust, glowstone dust, and nether quartz dust = give you one spectrum dust compound that if you throw in an thermal centrifue, it will give you 1 spectrum dust, which can be used for advanced crafting ( like mass fab or lapotron ) and used in the glass fiber recipe, using 2 spectrum dust instead of energium and one energium dust instead of the silver dust, but due to the complex crafting recipe, it should at least give you 8 glass fibre.

Spectrum dust interesting property would be to convert electricity into light and vice versa losslessly, making glassfibre at least a bit more logical thx to this fictive material.

Then It would use an energium dust, a diamond dust, an electrum dust, a glowstone dust, a nether quartz dust and a lapiz dust ^^ ( Actually I used energium and electrum as the "conductor" of the Spectrum dust, glowstone and diamond because they are "shiny" and "transparent", and nether quartz as a "bridge" for the light and electricity, but why not adding lapiz dust, for HAYO :D :P :D )

• Yeah, but be lucky with your minecraft seed or have dungeon mods installed, and glass fibre is easy peasy to make, at least, with my proposition, you need some tech to get the spectrum dust ( at least a thermal centrifuge and a constant generator )

If you have a mod that makes silver ore spawn I suppose that makes that part easy, but if you come by diamonds that easily then you really do have a broken/totally overpowered mod installed.

and piezo crystals are indeed made out of quartz, and a lot of modern/fancy watches ( I live in the french part of switzerland, geneva, so I know that :D ) uses quartz piezo crystal vibrators as a more precise way to have seconds ( not as precise as a nuclear watch though ;) ) and no, the fact that I wanted quartz dust be one of the component of the spectrum dust compound is a pure coincidence with piezo crystals ;) :P :D ( no but really ).

Modern? Fancy? More accurate? Every battery powered watch ever made uses a quartz crystal.

• Erm, what I wanted to say is that almost any new modern watches ( fancy or not, and I don't think digital counts ) uses a quartz vibrator ( piezocrystal ) for making seconds :P

And well, if you think it's not Worth making the cables, I have another suggestion, just make it lossless ^^ then

I always thought that glass fibre should have been lossless anyway :P :D
    So the recipe IS expensive, but it's Worth it to craft it if you have tons of diamonds with Advanced miners and have some very long electrical lines :D

And about mods, no, the only powerful mod I have is project-E , but thanks to Chocohead, he was able to nerf it so it's a post mass fab tier / tier 5 so it requires a QNMT, a crafting table made for crafting only 2 recipes, crafted with 1 uu matter cell, 2 iridium plates ( which are VERY EXPENSIVE IN THE PACK ) 18 diamonds, 1 beacon or 2 ( I forgot lol ) and a requirement of 4 nether stars for starting to craft the most basic things :P , because in our pack ( soon gonna be released ) almost every diamonds in project E are replaced by Alchemical diamonds, which are made in a QNMT, with 4 nether stars and 4 diamonds :D

• So why did you asked the ULV cables in GT to be lossless :P ;) , but then, it can be lossless for a X number of blocks ( configurable in the config folder, with 0 disabling this feature and -1 making it lossless ) and then begin to have cable loss, is that good :D ?

Default 8 blocks lossless.

• Official Post

GT ULV cables can be "lossless" on the transmission, but when it is down or uptransformed, it suffers a loss.
    Also, ULV cabling is only useful for low power-long distance applications (like luminators and some other minor machinery {automation})