[Deprecated GT6 Addon]GalacticGreg 1.9 - Gregtech Oregen on Galacticraft Planets

• This is a small Addon to bring Gregtechs oregen to Galacticrafts Moon and Mars.

GalacticGreg needs Galacticraft 238 or higher to work without any other configuation.

GalacticGreg is only nessesary since Galacticraft uses non vanilla stone in its worldgen. Other mods dimensions (ExU Deep Dark or Twilight Forest for example can be customized by GregTech alone. Simply use WorldGeneration.cfg /worldgen/dimensions/ore/mix/xxx to control its generation.

On the first start, inside the Gregtech WorldGeneration.cfg additional Lines will be generated looking like this:

The mod is tested with Gregtech 6.00.48, Galacticraft Build 332 and Forge 1263.

Who wants to use this mod in a Modpack is free to do so, i do not care.

<Github> Please also use for issues.

• Official Post

I vote for asteroid dimension worldgen, for our rarities we used to find on GT4 end.
    Of course the veins will be considerably smaller (almost non existant because of lack of asteroids aswell), but that would be a good thing.

• What about modpacks? I know there are modpacks that may be interested on this.

Also, moving it to GT area.

Sure, free for every Modpack to use.

I vote for asteroid dimension worldgen, for our rarities we used to find on GT4 end.
    Of course the veins will be considerably smaller (almost non existant because of lack of asteroids aswell), but that would be a good thing.

I'm looking into doing that, but the Asteroid Dimension worldgen is different than Moon or Mars, so that is a maybe for now.

I vote for Github too.

Once the mod is stable i will put it online i guess.

Couldn't you make it use the moon and mars stone textures instead of regular stone and red granite?

That would increase the amount of Ores from Gregtech again by 1k for every Type of stone Texture.

• Official Post

Also bloody, i have this message from radfast (Galacticraft dev) Source: https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galacticraft/issues/1157

Quote from radfast

OK, that's good news for people playing both mods. That config setting mentioned in that thread,B:"Generate other mods features on planets"=true will enable all other mods worldgens, we do not have any way to control which is which. So you might get some IC2 rubber trees on the Moon, for example, unless there is some other way to fix that. It would be better, like I said, for the plugin to subscribe to the event GCCoreEventPopulate.Post, that way only this plugin (and not other mods worldgens) will be run.

• Ore textures are out of the question. It's a pain using thermal expansion as it is.

you know i'm on my way when the entire landscape is quarried out of existence, it shall strike fear of your petty existence!

• Official Post

Just use this config of GC (hey invultri, i'm also talking to yooooou, that is if you happen to read this) since some GregTech blocks (that should be sealable) are not sealable for reasons i forgot.

# List non-opaque blocks from other mods (for example, special types of glass) that the Oxygen Sealer should recognize as solid seals. Format is BlockName or BlockName:metadata
    S:"External Sealable IDs" <
    minecraft:glass_pane:0
    gregtech:gt.blockcasings
    gregtech:gt.blockcasings2
    gregtech:gt.blockcasings3
    gregtech:gt.blockcasings4
    gregtech:gt.blockconcretes
    gregtech:gt.blockgranites
    gregtech:gt.blockmachines
    gregtech:gt.blockores
    >

• Official Post

Just use this config of GC (hey invultri, i'm also talking to yooooou, that is if you happen to read this) since some GregTech blocks (that should be sealable) are not sealable for reasons i forgot.

# List non-opaque blocks from other mods (for example, special types of glass) that the Oxygen Sealer should recognize as solid seals. Format is BlockName or BlockName:metadata
    S:"External Sealable IDs" <
    minecraft:glass_pane:0
    gregtech:gt.blockcasings
    gregtech:gt.blockcasings2
    gregtech:gt.blockcasings3
    gregtech:gt.blockcasings4
    gregtech:gt.blockconcretes
    gregtech:gt.blockgranites
    gregtech:gt.blockmachines
    gregtech:gt.blockores
    >

• Now how about a config to determine how often asteroids generate

you know i'm on my way when the entire landscape is quarried out of existence, it shall strike fear of your petty existence!