Holding shift should prevent emptying universal fluid cells

• I sometimes accidentally try to overfill my canning machine by shift right clicking on it with fluid cells, which results in the fluid being placed in the world in front of the machine, washing things away and generally being rather annoying. It would be nice if cells would not dump their contents into the world when you shift right click.

• well it happened for me too few times - there are two almost identical looking cells - and problem is with filling and extracting fluids by those cells - sometimes when machine is full and you want to put one more it places it on machine - and it flows around. and for example i got empty cells that i want to fill with coolant that already is in the machine - how to do this? shoift does not work..

Inteligence is not everything - wisdom is more than that.
    "Survival is survival dammit.. don't give me this stinky cheated diamonds.. .. or else.." - by unknown hero

• well it happened for me too few times - there are two almost identical looking cells - and problem is with filling and extracting fluids by those cells - sometimes when machine is full and you want to put one more it places it on machine - and it flows around. and for example i got empty cells that i want to fill with coolant that already is in the machine - how to do this? shoift does not work..

Well then the suggestion should be deprecating the old cell, or changing the UniCell into something more distinguishable from the normal cell.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• You shoud play mod atleast once before making any suggestions.

Both suggestions are completely invalid.

I don't know what thread you are reading, but it isn't this one and the attitude is not needed. I only made one suggestion and it is completely valid. It is quite annoying to spill liquid on the ground because I tried to click one too many times on the canning machine and its input tank filled up.

• I don't know what thread you are reading, but it isn't this one and the attitude is not needed. I only made one suggestion and it is completely valid. It is quite annoying to spill liquid on the ground because I tried to click one too many times on the canning machine and its input tank filled up.

just add him to a ignore list.. saves time/effort.. he is a troll

• Well then the suggestion should be deprecating the old cell, or changing the UniCell into something more distinguishable from the normal cell.

Making the ufc more distinguishable from the normal empty cell can be done with a texture/resource pack if necessary (and people like me who already use a resource pack won't benefit from changes to the mod's internal textures), but I don't understand the logic behind making the sneak-right-click to transfer to/from a machine's tank only work with ufcs. Seems to me like that should work with regular cells as well, at least when the fluid can be stored in a regular cell (fluids added by other mods seem to show up with ufcs in nei, but not regular-cell versions) and there's enough fluid (when transfering out of the machine) or space (when transfering into the machine) to handle a full 1000 mB (since regular cells can't store partial amounts the way ufcs can).

However, I think there are only 2 things that can be stored in regular cells and not ufcs: compressed air and electrolyzed water. Now I'm wondering if regular cells are deprecated and IC2 will be migrating to using ufcs exclusively.