IC2 Classic (1.6.4) compatible to IC2 Exp mods

• First of all things IC2 Team. I like your work and what you do. Thats for sure.
    But you do leave versions unfinished. If you plan big things than finish it on every version that have these things or make it as a subversion so people can choose what they want and do not force the people to accept it.
    I played with IC2 classic now a little bit. It does not have every feature that IC2 Exp has. But every feature that was implemented is working. Maybe buggy but it works.
    And there is your version (do not think that i hate it but i do not like that you guys do not finish a version). First Explosions off (ok is ok because you override the energy system) that could be solved better. Simply have both systems next to each other and be with a config enabled and dissabled.
    Second thing: Energy Measurement is almost = 0. Without powerconverter mods almost impossible to detect if energy flows. And also not detectable by EU reader and cable.
    Third: Extreme Energy Loss and No Powerloss: First the no powerloss. The EnergySystem in 1.6.4 is having now powerloss and you can run as much power as you want through a cable and it would not even nodest that. (<.<). Now Extreme Powerloss. If you send 512 EU through a cable to a machine that require only 10 EU you lose the rest of the Energy because the machines can not send more than that amount of energy. You require everywhere a powerconverter, even if the the machine has the same powerlevel.
    I nodest that with machines that said you need only 10k EU and it took for real 1Million EU. WTF?
    I accept much things. I played a long time with the new version and enjoy the new features. But guys do not leave a unfinished project there. I do not want to expand this even more because its making me angry and sad.

And after trying hacking IC2 with a submod (yeah i tried that) which sadly failed because i could not shutdown the original code without asm (i am not able to use asm at the moment), i asked immibis for the IC2 classic code. After a short explaining why he could not give it to me i took the source by myself by decompiling the source. (And as long i keep the source private it should be fine). I started to update the sourcecode to the IC2 Exp API in 1.6.4 (i am not done yet but i am half way there).

A useless note but i want to tell it: i would only support the 1.6.4 version of mc.

Now the Question to the IC2 Team:

I know that i have no rights to release the source as long you guys give it to me.
    But would you guys give me the rights to make the IC2 Classic version that is compatible to the IC2 Exp API if it is finish public?

Anyway thanks for reading. Speiger.

Edit: Addons that uses more than the API would maybe not compatible to this mod anyways. And this problem i can not fix.

• Official Post

The comparison is old and wrong, comparing 1.6.4 mods is pointless, as 1.7.10 is where is development is. The EU-Reader does work, there is a config option for cable loss (and melting eventually) and there's masses of new stuff in the 1.7.20 IC2 builds. Oh and about the machines drawing a full packet of EU even if not needed? That was only ever a Nuclear Control bug.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Chocohead i think you do not get the point.
    IC2 was until the big changes one of those mods that had every feature working (that was in not cheatgame aviable) after a new version of MC came out. That was a not common thing.

To the Extrem powerconsuming: I had that 5 other addons, even with IC2 (if you count AE and Powerconverters and Foundry as ic2 addon) that produced that bug.
    It os just not that obvious if you play like that you require a huge power system for everything.

And i know what features are in 1.7.10 aviable but its only a part of what they did. I saw their energy system, i readed every single line and to compare it. It is 20 Times more complex and does the same thing before as in 1.4.7. Only that it autodraws energy (what was before the work of the generators and storage units to send the energy itself). So in my eyes it seems to be that they did something for nothing.
    Longer and complexer code means simply more work for the processors while the old energy system code covers maybe 120 lines.

Also i did not list everything. What bothered me.

Here really cool idea that should work with IC2: Build a mobfarm where every mob get killed by IC2 electricty, without using a tesslacoil. The parts what should damage Entities have to be IC2 Cables,
    Only with ic2 vannilla!
    If you use IC2 Exp: That will fail to 100%.
    If you use IC2 1.4.7 or lower or IC2 classic: That will work really smothly and pretty!

• Official Post

IC2 was until the big changes one of those mods that had every feature working (that was in not cheatgame aviable) after a new version of MC came out. That was a not common thing.

No it didn't. Night Vision goggles (which were only actually added in experimental), boats were never fixed to prevent de-sync bugs while using them (that were and still are terrible) and there were plenty of other mods at the time that worked fine after updating. Don't you remember the number of separate patches there were after MC 1.4.5?

To the Extrem powerconsuming: I had that 5 other addons, even with IC2 (if you count AE and Powerconverters and Foundry as ic2 addon) that produced that bug.
    It os just not that obvious if you play like that you require a huge power system for everything.

AE and Powercoverters are totally not IC2 addons at all (using IC2 power does not make it an addon, think MFR), and I have no idea what you are referring to for Foundry. I only ever experienced it with Nuclear Control blocks.

Here really cool idea that should work with IC2: Build a mobfarm where every mob get killed by IC2 electricty, without using a tesslacoil. The parts what should damage Entities have to be IC2 Cables,
    Only with ic2 vannilla!
    If you use IC2 Exp: That will fail to 100%.
    If you use IC2 1.4.7 or lower or IC2 classic: That will work really smothly and pretty!

Lava does the same thing, but without using energy. Funny that. Tesla Coils were always more fun anyway.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Coils attack everything if you want to make your house save with electricty without damagaging yourself cables were the best options instead of teslacoils. Because Mobs do not see cables as a problem like lava.

Another thing i do not play those subversions which are not counted as the final version (1.8.1, 1.0,1.1,1.2.5, 1.4.7) Nightvision goggles were creative only in IC2 1.4.7. and the boats were only implemented in IC2 Exp.

And the energy consuming is maybe mostly at addons but the EnergyNet Could have done that better at all i mean they can ask for the requested amount of energy but do not use it at all.

A little note even if they say no i can still play with this version for myself privatly. The request here is only that i can share it with you guys ^^"

• Official Post

Coils attack everything if you want to make your house save with electricty without damagaging yourself cables were the best options instead of teslacoils. Because Mobs do not see cables as a problem like lava.

Is this a situation where you've got a mob grinder, or just making mobs walk into them for drops? As yes, then you have a point.

Another thing i do not play those subversions which are not counted as the final version (1.8.1, 1.0,1.1,1.2.5, 1.4.7) Nightvision goggles were creative only in IC2 1.4.7. and the boats were only implemented in IC2 Exp.

Boats were added by RichardG for MC 1.3.2 I think. They were definitely in before experimental anyhow.

A little note even if they say no i can still play with this version for myself privatly. The request here is only that i can share it with you guys ^^"

I have nothing against that, I'm quite curious to see how it'll work out really ;)

I see this too much.

• I really enjoy this conversation ^^"

To the Mobgrinders that could be a solution, But again the powercost would be insane at night,
    the cables do not lose any power when entities get close to them. Its just roasting them.
    The only thing you need to handle is to keep a extreme voltage and a good balance between powerloss and powerproduction^^" That is not that easy.

Resource cost would be almost the same.
    But i like the idea that you can build a Chicken Toaster with those old cables.
    If you search for a creative build with cables search for Redled72 in this wiki.
    I think gregouriousG is quite happy that he is no longer active xDD You understand it maybe when you read the comments under his chickentoaster threads

• As Mr Gregtech said (and he is a dev of ic2) i can release this mod when it is finish in the IC2 Forums.
    So yeah. Until i fixed a few bugs and hope that every mod i use work with it i will release it. I will make a list of mods that will not work (during my testing).

• Official Post

Just to be clear, are you making it for 1.6.4?

I see this too much.

• You should start releasing it once you got the most terrible Bugs squashed. That way people here may be able to help you find the other Bugs.

Yeah i know G. (Hope you do not mind this Shortcut). Most bugs are away i could even release it by now as standalone mod. The only bug that exsist in the standalone version is that machines update their progressbar not correctly.
    And after that is done the only thing that scares me is simply forestry. The last time i tried to change something in IC2 (file Replacement....) Forestry simply called the System.exit(0); thingy.
    If that does not happen and i did some changes to the API (only ic2 classic additions, multible energy packets per tick simply) then everything is done.

Just to be clear, are you making it for 1.6.4?

Yeah the current Version is 1.6.4.

But on request from Asie (BC Dev) i will also try (if i success is a differend thing) to make that work also.
    But i am not 100% sure if i use the same source or if i will use the 1.7.10 version of Immibis IC2 Classic....
    Decompiling bugFixes took me only a couple hours (12 in total i think),
    and the API Adjustments should be then easy enough because i repeate the same things again and it should be maybe even faster (if we leave the enegyNet out).

But the 1.7.10 support is limited because i do not like it to handle 2 versions at the same time. At least if i support 1 thing at both versions.

• Official Post

And after that is done the only thing that scares me is simply forestry. The last time i tried to change something in IC2 (file Replacement....) Forestry simply called the System.exit(0); thingy.
    If that does not happen and i did some changes to the API (only ic2 classic additions, multible energy packets per tick simply) then everything is done.

Railcraft would do the same thing. Modifying either of them, or Redpower would also have the same effect.

Funny you mentioned this, I was going to ask Player about it today :P

I see this too much.

• Official Post

If you try to modify a signed Jar File directly many Mods will give you the System.exit to tell you that someone modified the Jar. This is more for security Reasons, since anyone could have modified the Jar to add Malware and Stuff especially "Modpack Makers" (I mean people who pretent to be them).

Also I would suggest to not use the "ic2" Mod ID if that is even possible. Other Mods would maybe think you are the real IC2 and not a classy Version of it.

• OK good thing to know. At the moment i am lazy like a sloth again. Mostly because having a tone of animes to watch, Forestry Bee Time is now (Tipsy Bee) and also some real life stuff is happening.^^"
    But trying to manage everything. But now... gotogoto IC2Classic.