[Remake][1.6.4|1.7.10|1.10.2][Patreon][IRC|#IC2-Classic|EsperNet] IC2 Classic by Speiger

• Another question, I want to work with you, do you wanna team up, I have awesome ideas for this mod :D

Just post your ideas or send me a private message :)

Note i think i will update after the following things got added (At start with it):

EV Transformer (Need Textures if someone wants to help. It just need to fit to the Original Textures that is the only thing i want).
    Charingbench (LV, MV, HV),
    Battery Station (LV, MV HV),

I think thats it. ^^" Everything else big i will implement into it later.
    (Also updating means not that i do not code on the 1.6.4 version anymore. When the update is stable i will add the remaining stuff which is new in the 1.6.4 version).

And also when i start to update i will stream it (said already above i wanted to mention it again), also i will tell you when i start.

• Official Post

EV Transformer (Need Textures if someone wants to help. It just need to fit to the Original Textures that is the only thing i want).

As maker of the IC2 classic textures resource pack, done ;)

• Really Important Information for Everyone who want my Version of IC2 Classic at the MC Version 1.7.10!!!!

Now after a lot of thinking how i will do that i will start soon (with soon i mean not months or something i mean in 1 max 2 weeks (i need to find a good day)) updating IC2 Classic to 1.7.10.

To Prevent people to ask me every day: When is IC2 Classic Finish. I will start with a Stream and try to stream as much progress as possible so you can see how the progress is going on. (Also how hard it is to update such a thing).

I will post the date/Time of the Stream as soon it is set.
    And here is the Way to my Streaming Channel: ClickMe

• INFORMATION FOR THE STREAM!

The date/time is now set.

The Stream will be at 27.3.2015, 22:30 GMT/UTC + 1 (German Time)

How long i will stream? As long as i can. I think more then 4 hours are not possible for me.

Little extra note: It can happen that the stream will be merged a little bit further into the back (+1hour) because i have something todo before. But i try my best to be in time.

• Finished the Stream. Got about 42% of all the Errors away but maybe lost the stream data because i did click the close programm button instead of finish stream button^^"
    I think i will do this weekend a little bit and next time i stream i will finish it. (So i get only close to finish it and then i will finish it and test it (so not always coding stuff ( i know its boring just for people which wanted to see that), maybe 10 minutes of it, rest testing).

• Updating news:

Since i almost finished the block classes in the stream (which seemed to be lost sadly or Twitch does not save it) i did finish now the Blocks, Fluids and most items.
    The things which are left are: LastItems (only a couple), Networking, Utities, And Core classes and the Energy Network.

Little note here: I will do the EnergyNet at the end because i have to simulate the new Energy Net with the old one. And that is not an easy task at all^^"
    Because i can support the Old Functions that exsist in the API but the new ones require much differend Handling.

I think that it will not take that long anymore to finish the next pieces, but when i have the first version ready i can only say it will really unstable.
    Updating code has two steps:

First and Easy one: Fixing all compiling errors and adjust the code to the new version.
    Second and Hard one: Testing and finding bugs and fixing them.

And since i do not play that much anymore and if i do play it is 1.6.4 i will need the help from you to find bugs ^^

Anyway good night i am tired.

• Another new Message from me:

Since i started Friday with the update. Now i seem to be almost done.
    There are about 200 Errors left (we started with 3000), so the next time i post to you is that i maybe faild or that the Testversion is ready.

But keep in mind the first release is extremly unstable.
    As more people test with me together the faster we get a really stable version out.

Anyway have a nice day.

• Little Update Information:

I was able to finish all Coding Errors, but now there are two new errors.

First one, Ic2 Ids are kinda to setup. And even if you guys think with 1.7.10 ids are removed. Nope they are fucking not. They still exsist.
    Now the Second Trouble is: The new ID System is still the Same as before you still have a limit of 4096 (0-4095) BlockIDs if that goes higher the game crashes. Now i am thinking of 2 things.

First this new MC is a lie. Its like the Portal Cake. And i am laughting of every person who thaught that is thinking now that minecraft is able with unlimited blocks. xDD
    Second: I will make a config for Block and Item IDs because ids still exsist in MC 1.7+ its just autoassigned which i do not like. I hope you guys understand that.^^" I will need a little bit of time to create the stuff but it would be the same times making the ForgeAutoassing for Blocks, so i use my system and add a config for those people who want to use the way of forge. Its anyway a work of 1 minute to add that config.

• Official Post

The whole point was Forge would deal with block/item IDs to prevent conflicts. Allowing the user to screw over the top of it is just silly :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• True Chocohead that is a point. But the new System has a critcal bug that is extremly painfull and thats why i enjoy my system more, and that is that you can not remove blocks/Items that easy because they can rerange again and your world can currupt because of that. Maybe forge saves stuff but there are cases where that makes problems...
    I mean when they at least made a infinite system for everything then it would be ok but it is the same minecraft as before..... No thanks.

Little Coding Report:

I am at that point that i can run Minecraft without trouble. At least when i do not go into ic2. Because the Textures get not loaded and that causes crashes. I think i have to remove the TexturePack Support for this version to let this custom system run. Because he can not find the files and i did setup everything how it should be...
    We will see but ic2 classic runs like a cat. xD

• Information about ic2 Classic Update:

I fixed the Texture bug.
    Now there is a new one.
    I have trouble with the Networking stuff. 1.7.10 Networking is really hard because you have not a handler where you simply can receive a packet or something that is also really confusing to me...
    I think that this will take a lot of time to me (maybe 2-4 days) to fix.
    If someone knows how custom PacketHandlers Work it would be cool if someone could explain me that.

• I vote against configurable ID's in 1.7
    That would completely break the ability to remove/drop in mods as we please, which is a great benefit of 1.7. Okay, we do not have infinite blocks and items, but we *don't have to worry about block/item id conflicts AT ALL*
    This will also break world compatability between two people. If one person has their id's set to something different the map isn't portable. In 1.7.10 the dynamic allocation of ID's lets us do things like play worlds with an originally different ID set. It's NOT a good idea to keep number ID's exposed. let forge handle it

Please don't bring back id nightmares from 1.6 >.>

For the messages, just wrap around SimpleNetworkWrapper, and implement IMessage and IMessageHandler for messages. Check other 1.7 mods

• I vote against configurable ID's in 1.7
    That would completely break the ability to remove/drop in mods as we please, which is a great benefit of 1.7. Okay, we do not have infinite blocks and items, but we *don't have to worry about block/item id conflicts AT ALL*
    This will also break world compatability between two people. If one person has their id's set to something different the map isn't portable. In 1.7.10 the dynamic allocation of ID's lets us do things like play worlds with an originally different ID set. It's NOT a good idea to keep number ID's exposed. let forge handle it

For the messages, just wrap around SimpleNetworkWrapper, and implement IMessage and IMessageHandler for messages. Check other 1.7 mods

I vote against configurable ID's in 1.7

First of all i know that but forge does that.
    Second thing i made a config option that simply uses automaticly the Forge methode if you wish and have no trouble.

To the SimpleNEtworkWrapper... i have no idea what do i have to take care of and what not i tested that with the test mod from gradlew and it seems to be that i can send only messages from client to server and not back.... (else it will crash)

• Little information. The only thing that need to be fixed is the network handler. (if it is dissabled/not used ic2 runs semi fine.. Lets say guis do not open, blocks do not update and keybindings do not work...)
    I will now rest on that because i did overrun myself a little bit with that. I need to research and understand stuff a little bit more to be able to finish the stuff...

I hope you guys understand that.