LV Transformer - Input = Output

• I am using IC2 2.2.673 with power converters. I'm not which is the problem so I came here first. The LV transformer is connected via a couple (literally) tin cables to a bat box. The transformer is in redstone-step up mode and I have a lever next to it. Its sending power to the eu consumer but at 32 eu/t instead of 128eu/t. Why is that happening?

• 1. afaik, cable explosions and related effects are still disabled by default in IC2 (especially in build 673, which is over a month old), so you shouldn't even need a transformer.
    2. a transformer won't convert a single 32 EU/t source into 128 EU/t (that would be overpowered). You need 4 such sources (e.g. 4 batboxes) connected to the transformer inputs to get a 128 eu/t output.

• Official Post

especially in build 673, which is over a month old

Explosions were disabled about build 210 if I remember rightly.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• That is a bug. Since the IC2 Devs did not think really about it and making Multible packets possible they made it that they send the same amount in as they get in. (at least for upconverting.)
    It is not fixed yet and (looked after i readed that into the latest source) i do not think that this will happen anytime soon.
    Little note here: The Downconverting is not faster in terms of EU sending.

Old IC2: 128 EU in, 4 times 32 EU comes out.
    New IC2: 128 EU in, 32 EU comes out. (So you can put a batbox as buffer and have the a bigger buffer as the transformer has.)

So as he said you need four sources to convert up. But i think its good enough to place 4 sources next to each other and have the same effect.

• "EU/t & EU/p" appears to have given way to "current & voltage". This is evidenced by the tooltips of Cables and Transformers, the explicit mention of "current" and "voltage" in the IC2.ini, and the EU-Reader. I assume you have enabled that setting in the IC2.ini, otherwise to use Transformers at all is useless as MuaveCloud mentioned (the first point is correct, also). I'm still experimenting to learn just what current and voltage are in this mod, but they've been there for 9 months at least (according to the changelog).

Also, in Step-Down mode a Transformer will split the high-current high voltage and share the output among the other five sides..

• Official Post

Also, in Step-Down mode a Transformer will split the high-current high voltage and share the output among the other five sides..

Well, it's designed to split it along 4 sides, so each one will output the voltage tier below, if you connected all 5 faces, you'd end up with the power being split more thinly.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Thanks for all the replies guys. I must say I'm a bit disheartened by all the new major changes to industrial craft. While it has come a long way since mc 1.5 and 1.6 some new features to me were added unnecessarily and have made it a bit confusing. IC2 is still the first mod I install on a new release anyway :rolleyes:

• Official Post

They probably would be, it's just the people who used to do that have either vanished or moved onto Gregtech. And, the devs have no time to do anything themselves. Slowly we're getting there though.

I see this too much.

• In addition of that they do a rout where they throw out test versions without end. There is still not any stable Finished release. The Last Version where IC2 Had an offical Release was at 1.4.7.
    All the others are just dev/Test versions.
    They should gone the two way route where they kept the old version stable and make a seperate Test version aviable for everyone who wants that.
    Now other people have to take care of keeping a stable version of the old system running.
    And even if they decided that they do not want to do that system then they should have made a plan what they will do until the release is final.
    Because at the moment it does seem to be that they do act without planing really. If they have a new idea they start it and add more and more and more. But some things bug around.

• Official Post

The Last Version where IC2 Had an offical Release was at 1.4.7.

As nice as not having any debug/test builds are, without them we'd just have a stagnant IC2, which was what people were complaining about pre experimental. We needed the test builds to see IC2 was still going, it was just it never managed to get where it was going, as there was never enough time for anything. Without Alblaka, overhauling anything was unlikely pre experimental, as well as the fact the other devs just didn't have time.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Look at the download page that was 1.4.7 (that was my source)

1.4.7 was an IC2-lf build, and if you count those as not testing, the last stable build was 1.6.2. 1.4.5 I know was fully released, I think it was IC2 1.115 or something like that.

I see this too much.