[NewHorizons] Ultra Hard Gregified modpack via Minetweaker and Modtweaker. GT, Thaumcraft, Buildcraft, Witchery, Galacticraft, BloodMagic, Forestry, Better Questing 2,8K Quests

• GTNewHorizons

Large Modpack with every recipe Gregified

Avilable on Technic Launcher http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/mcnewhorizons.677387
    Avilable on FTB Launcher Code GTNH https://forum.feed-the-beast.c…eaker-1-7k-quests.181742/

Avilable on Twitch Launcher https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/gt-new-horizons

What is GT New Horizons?

You are looking at a big progressive kitchensink pack for Minecraft 1.7.10 balanced around the mod GregTech.

Over 3 years of developement (and still going) have formed a balance and refinement that only a handful of packs can keep up with. We are talking about thousands of recipe tweaks, a massive questbook with custom reward system, unique world generation, custom mods coded for the pack, custom Thauminomicon pages, and many more.

The main intentions of the pack are a long lasting experience and tying mods together in a progressive fashion, making it feel more like a single game than a compilation of mods thrown together.

To reach this goal GT New Horizons is using the tiers (basically ages of technology) from GregTech and allocates content of other mods to a fitting point within the progression.

Starting in the stone age you will barely be able to survive until you get your first steam machines and eventually reach electricity. Later on you will have to visit other planets and dimensions to gather important ressources and fight mighty bosses to channel their magical power.

If you are fan of expert mode packs and want to take it to the next level this pack will be your friend!

What does this pack have to offer?

***Technology***

GregTech on its own comes with a huge tech tree using the EU system and the other technology based mods will open up while you are progressing through the tiers.

The main cables of GregTech convert EU to RF so you don't have to worry about different energy systems and things feeling incompatible.

Complex processing lines, automation, a large variety in power generation and a lot of materials to work with create an enviroment with many possibilities that the player has to explore.

Crossbreeding plants, bees and crops with Forestry and IndustrialCraft2, setting up mobfarms using EnderIO and Draconic Evolution, and general infrastructure improvements with Railcraft and Applied Energistics - it's all there, anything you want (and need!) if you enjoy the technical aspect of modded Minecraft.

***Magic***

GT New Horizons comes with a variety of powerful magic mods. Your main access will be through the Thauminomicon which is modified to also feature custom sections for Blood Magic, Witchery, and other important things besides having the usual content of Thaumcraft and its add-ons.

The Twilight Forest is the dimension linked to magic in this pack and you will have to explore and defeat the bosses to progress in magic. Later on there is power generation with essentia and options to store it using your AE system connecting technology with magic.

***Exploration***

Using Realistic World Gen along with Biomes o'Plenty creates a beautiful terrain in the overworld.

Besides all the biomes and natural structures you can find there will be challenging Rogue-like Dungeons that come with decent loot and spawners you might want to use in creative ways.

In the early game, villages offer a nice resting spot while looking for the optimal base location. Later you will revisit the villages to trade for key items and scavenge for parts. Eventually you may end up relocating villagers closer to you - or taking over a village yourself.

***Put the mining back in Minecraft***

GregTech spawns ore in large localized veins rather than small clusters of everything, rewarding long searches with a huge vein that can sustain your base's growth for a long time.

In most packs nearly everything spawns in the overworld which is not the case in GT New Horizons, and you are encouraged to mine in other dimensions such as the Twilight Forest, the nether, the end and (later on) even on other planets to make your way to the endgame. Unlocking things by mining for materials on other planets will create that situation where Galacticraft all of a sudden becomes important to progress which feels really rewarding.

***Survival***

The first few days and nights will be rough, in fact nights will stay rough for a while since hardcore darkness makes them pitch black without any light sources or potion effects, so you might want to get a bed quickly!

Food is a critical thing early game and you can't keep eating the same things because of Spice of Life. Better watch out for some gardens from Pam's Harvestcraft to get some variety into your nutrition!

Be prepared to face strong mobs that can cause death quickly if you play without any strategy.

Facing them with better gear will make life easier once you progress but until then light up your base - there are plenty of options available from Chisel, Project Red, Ztones and Floodlights.

***Questing***

GT New Horizons comes with over 1300 quests that will guide the player through the maze that modded Minecraft can be.

The texts will inform you what's required to progress so you don't have to watch tutorials or ask others as often. The questbook can even save you the time to type into NEI, just click the items displayed in the quest and it will display the recipe through NEI, quite handy right?

Custom lootbags and the coin system make for unique and helpful rewards. And we all enjoy the gamble from time to time.

***Is this a game for newbies?***

Newbies to Minecraft? Definitely not. Newbies to modded Minecraft? Maybe. The questbook is a great introduction to the variety and type of mods available. With each mod gated players must learn about the mod to make the most of it while waiting for the next mod to unlock.

***Is this modpack for me?***

Does the thought of earning that top-end gear over weeks or months appeal to you? The usual packs feel like they are over in 1 or 2 weeks since you get OP gear so quickly?

How about designing a chemical processing system to rival a real oil refinery, with multiple inputs creating dozens of outputs and intermediate products to finally make a bar of plastic, rubber, explosives or other top end gear?

Does the sound of machinery processing ore via crushing, washing, centrifuging, smelting in a blast furnace, and cooling off in a vacuum freezer tickle your brain?

Then this is the pack for you.

Your pick is not ready.

Welcome home.

How do I join?

Go to the multiplayer menu and choose the server you would like to play on.

If the server is whitelisted (check out the list below) you have to contact the staff on the linked website/discord first.

For the official servers you can either apply directly on our website or type the "!apply" command on our discord (both linked below) to get further instructions on how to join!

GTNH Partner:

"Start your own GT New Horizons server with a single click from our partner ServerMiner by heading over to: https://serverminer.com/curse/gt-new-horizons-server-hosting Get 20% off with promo code GTNewHorizons."

Server info:

EU Servers:

Official EU Server Public (whitelist)

http://gtnewhorizons.com/

delta.gtnewhorizons.com

epsilon.gtnewhorizons.com

Dig to Build EU Server (whitelist)

http://dirthuts.com

s1.digtobuild.com:25560

US/Canada Servers:

Prospercraft (greylist)

http://www.prospercraft.com/

newhorizonsold.prospercraft.com

newhorizons.prospercraft.com

Boqqed up (whitelist)

http://jesus2xs.com/

Discord: https://discord.gg/3D897y4

Fully Tasted/whitelist)

gtnh.toastedpack.world

Discord: https://discord.gg/bK6fEnU

Modded Minecraft Club Montreal CA (open)

https://www.moddedminecraft.club/

gtnh.moddedminecraft.club

German Server:

MyFTB Public (no whitelist)

https://myftb.de/

gtnewhorizons.myftb.de

Russian Server:

Wabulabudaba (withlisted)

IP: 93.170.76.26:25565

www.melkocraft.ru

Hitechmine.ru GTNG Server Russia

hitechmine.ru:25565

Modlist

Minecraft Forum Link:

• DreamMaster I've seen some of your other cool stuff so I have faith, but how the hell did you manage to integrate TiCo in a balanced fashion w/o its tools completely deprecating everything from GT/IC2?

I mean who the hell would build a 22nd Century Mining Laser of Doom if you can just make a much-better Big Hammer.

• DreamMaster I've seen some of your other cool stuff so I have faith, but how the hell did you manage to integrate TiCo in a balanced fashion w/o its tools completely deprecating everything from GT/IC2?

I mean who the hell would build a 22nd Century Mining Laser of Doom if you can just make a much-better Big Hammer.

To balanced Tico with GT and IC2 i'snt easy and maybe not perfect. Yes the Mining laser is maybe a little bit underpowered for this recipe i gave him but i have Iguana Tweaks installed so i can set the Tools be use up some time. I added expensive Thaumcraft Recipes for the ball of moss and the Silky Crystal. GT tools you can recycle and it have more variation.
    I make the GT Molds and Extruder Shapes only craftable in the Tico Smeltery. I thing Greg will hate me for that but i think this is a nice Integration ;-).
    If you have new/better Ideas/Suggestion feel free to post here or on git. May pack is not 100% done yet.

It's pretty well balanced. We use IguanaTweaks with carefully selected configs. Leveling up tools takes quite a bit of time and the chance to get Haste is not great. You'll be happy to get haste 3 times.
    AutoRepair is mid-endgame so by that time you already have access to GT or GraviSuite drills (whichever you prefer) - and those you can recharge much faster than with AutoRepair. Simply really hard work to get effective TiCo tools.

• i'd like to play here, since gt6 was announced i wasn't really playing minecraft at all but it's gonna be long before it's playable enough.
    and since i have way too much free time lately i can play on something 'gregified' :)

• Hey, I'm very interested in trying out this modpack - seems like just what I've been looking for. However, I'm in North America, and I doubt cross-continental latencies would work well with hardcore survival mods. So if you don't mind, I'd like to get the files so I can start a small private server (basically just me and one other guy) to mess around with it. I'd be happy to report any issues that come up.

Are you planning to incorporate Blood Asp's updated GT5 port? Admittedly I just found out about it, so I'm not sure how likely it would be to break things, but I assume the scripts at least would still work fine.

By the way - I noticed that while the scripts folder is friggin' huge, there's only one change to Blood Magic and no complete changes to Witchery. I know the pack isn't 100% done, but if you need any suggestions for tweaks/information about either of those mods I could probably help. I'm not a GT5 expert, but I'm pretty well versed in all of the magic mods.

• Hey, I'm very interested in trying out this modpack - seems like just what I've been looking for. However, I'm in North America, and I doubt cross-continental latencies would work well with hardcore survival mods. So if you don't mind, I'd like to get the files so I can start a small private server (basically just me and one other guy) to mess around with it. I'd be happy to report any issues that come up.

Are you planning to incorporate Blood Asp's updated GT5 port? Admittedly I just found out about it, so I'm not sure how likely it would be to break things, but I assume the scripts at least would still work fine.

By the way - I noticed that while the scripts folder is friggin' huge, there's only one change to Blood Magic and no complete changes to Witchery. I know the pack isn't 100% done, but if you need any suggestions for tweaks/information about either of those mods I could probably help. I'm not a GT5 expert, but I'm pretty well versed in all of the magic mods.

Yes sure you can test out the pack if you want. Maybe test our Server too if the latencies is so bad you think.
    In my Test Environment I update Gt to Blood Asp Version already so we have fusion reactors with Minetweaker Support that I add yesterday. Many of the bugs now out of the New GT Version(5.08.02) so maybe tomorrow I will update my Server.
    Some mods I not nerfed yet (like witchery and blood magic). Witchery no have a Api and that makes it difficult to change Recipes. If you can help me with Magic Mods I appreciate that. I think the whole Project need time to be done because adding Recipes to Thaumcraft is a complicated and long process.
    I send you a Pm where you can get the Pack.

• I was wandering around on /r/feedthebeast and someone brought up that this exists.

I'm wondering why I didn't know about it earlier because even though I am in North America and would encounter demonic lag issues trying to handle any sort of combat, this is an idea I wanted to see a long time ago.

• Hey DreamMaster, I would like to play on your server, I dind't play much mc in the last few months but your Server looks fine so why not trying it out :)

• Don't you want to add ATG mod? I think the world will be much more versatile and beautiful with it

I using in 1.6.4 ATG and have a lot of fun with it. Than the mod Author not working on it and I choose RWG.
    Now RWG Author stopped working on the mod but i make a choose already (can't switch terrain gen all the time). Some other guy work on it and hopefully make it better and adding Oceans to it soon.
    Look inside my Pack where is RWG with biome o plenty together it i'snt that bad.

This is my Server Seed very nice: