1 Billion RF/t Challange in EU

• Official Post

Never worked out the total cost of it though, which is half of the fun :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• does that thing convert steam from reactors to energy? than the output is totally acceptable. the reactorcraft reactors are BIG and COMPLICATED.
    and yes, i know that nobody said this was OP.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• That thing is an High Pressure Turbine + Turbine Generator. Runs on Reactorcraft Steam only.

The high pressure Turbine costs: 7822 Steel + 28 Tungsten.
    The Turbine Generator: 972 steel, 1286 gold, 68 wool, 4 redstone, 8 nickel, 8 magnetite

To produce the steam, a huge pebble bed reactor (~32 cores) would be enough. (864 Steel + 86 Cadmium, 86 Indium, 86 Silver).
    But if you want the fun to build a ReC fusion reactor: 12086 Steel, 29179 Magnetite, 18048 wool, 159 gold, 32 obsidian, 32 diamonds, 8 glass.

And btw. the EU output was bugged until latest version of ReC. Now it produces ~4.1 mio EU/t. Still far to much to use.
    So now for 250mio EU/t even Reactorcraft needs 60 HP turbines. A normal fusion reactor can supply ~4 HP Turbines. There are complex fusion reactor desigs that can produce 7x as much and only cost ~2x as much.

• Official Post

To think I started this expecting 4 billion cobblestone for 1/2 billion water mills, and now someone's gone and found a semi-realistic method of doing it.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• I am LOVING rotary craft. I just recently set up four of those ~30k eu /t equivalent engines, the speed at which my boring machine (a horizontal chunk loading auto miner) can burrow is terrifying. And the speed the extractor deals with goodies is also profound. Right now I'm setting up to produce scads of jet fuel, but maybe I should just add reactor craft, rather than consolidating non nuclear methods. I set the boring machine loose in the nether, didn't take long to grab 11k nether rack.

I love the way the machines scale with the amount of power, speed, torque you can produce. There's also a lot of great resource processors. The centrifuge does a lot of neat things besides bees products, but it does make the thought of massive bee farms a lot more interesting, particularly since I'm using bdew's gendustry , it is a very cool take on genetic manipulation of forestry bees and trees.

here's a question. Rotary craft has a ton of awesome advanced automated defenses, but their epicness seems silly for anything short of an incredible hoard mode onslaught of titans on my base.... Where is that mod☺?

• Kinda old, but I found a Project E addon which adds Collector dynamos... Which makes A SHITON of RF using collectors....
    Win ?

• Official Post

No maths, no win :P

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Well amusingly I have, and you could easily overpower your average big reactor by about 10x.

I see this too much.

• Using Project E, big reactor efficiency is not really something you should worry about as cyanite is the same EMC than uranium/yellorium ( so, infinite energy ), well actually with the new version, they nerfed cyanite efficiency, so you might actually need a condenser MK2 and a collector just to renew Yellorium faster ;)

What I mean't with those Dynamos is that they produce 80 RF/tick, like all standard dynamos, so yeah, just make a compact dynamo-collector array, and you will have infinite billion RF energy...

So still win ;P xD

• Official Post

1 EMC = 500 RF, so with your 20,000 EMC/t collectors... Your big reactor would have to be very very big.

I see this too much.

• Is that the actual conversion ? Have you tried :o ?

Well, big reactor could win in term of energy produced per ticks for the ressources used, but collector-dynamos still just win as they are super compact to setup.

• Official Post

The biggest issue is that the internet buffers of the dynamos (1 M RF) fills instantly, but it can only output 100 RF/t. Which kinda defeats the point of being able to convert that quickly. If you could forceably pull it out though, you'd be getting millions of RF a tick.

I see this too much.

• can energy transfer nodes do that?

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.