[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• You are not using a resoure pack, right? Are there other Mac users that have the same problem? Any bug i can not replicate in my dev setup is extremely difficult to fix. Like trying to defuse a bomb 20 m away by throwing stones at it...

Yeah, as I said, it was posted on the original gt thread. I believe it was another mac user but greg said he didn't know because "he didn't apple and he never will", or something along those lines. x)
    Funnily enough (And at the same time annoyingly), it doesn't matter at all if I use a texture pack or not. With or without it, the gem textures are never shown.

• Update GT 5.09.16
    *Fixed cables acting strange when missing RF api.
    *Fixed platinum group processing eating cells.
    *Cleanup crop class.
    *Crop stats change.
    *Graphene recipe more efficient.
    *Screwdriver + shiftclick going over 0 fix.
    *Screwdriver shiftcklick for covers.
    *Fixed Single use batterys stacking.
    *Fix ore achievements not respecting changed worldgen config.
    *Iridium reinforced recycles incomplete.
    *Solar/coal boiler nerv.
    *Added Underground biomes stone processing.
    *Biomass now needs water, biogas a bit less efficient in destillation tower.
    *Pump/conveyors only use energy when transfering.
    *Fix bee recipe nerv/change crop processing.
    *Fixed end asteroids spawning red granite ores.
    *Nuclear control sensor stack should not stack.
    *Nuclear control teleporter support.
    *Nuclear control display overflow with ultimate batterys fixed.
    *Fix dimensional teleporter work only with egg and plasma.
    *Seismic prospector now ignores small ores.

• What were the coal/solar boiler nerfs?

Good work on all the bugfixes, finally starting to get that list down! Did you fix the ender asteroids not spawning also?

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• What were the coal/solar boiler nerfs?

Good work on all the bugfixes, finally starting to get that list down! Did you fix the ender asteroids not spawning also?

Coal Steam boilers now do not work anymore with automation, so refueling and removal of ash must be done by hand. One stack coalcoke last about 12 hours, so should be fine. The solar boiler is slowly calcinating. Starts after 12h, after 24h it is down to 50% efficiency, 48h down to 25% efficiency. To clean/reset the calcination, the solar boiler must be picked up and placed down again. So some work by hand every 24h so they stay efficient. Setup and forget setups tend to be spammed, so it is against that.

As i wrote in the github issue: The asteroids in the end did allways spawn. Just the spawnrate is really low, so it needs a lot of searching.

• Blood Asp
    I feel torn on nerf, but I understand it is as necessity to encourage better power generation, now what should I upgrade my power station too.

I improved allmost every other way of powergen before. Oil became about 2x as powerfull 3 updates ago. The 5.09 switch made large boilers quite efficient. There is biofuel from IC2. Single use batterys are now usable for powergen. Either as byproduct from other processing chains or directly fueled by sulfur.

I will also improve nuclear so that it really fills the step before fusion. Did some prepareations so far, the real power boost will come soon.

The last thing i want, is that people stay all the time at the first tier of boilers and only build more of them. I prepared enough alternatives before this nerv so no one can complain.

• I improved allmost every other way of powergen before. Oil became about 2x as powerfull 3 updates ago. The 5.09 switch made large boilers quite efficient. There is biofuel from IC2. Single use batterys are now usable for powergen. Either as byproduct from other processing chains or directly fueled by sulfur.

I will also improve nuclear so that it really fills the step before fusion. Did some prepareations so far, the real power boost will come soon.

The last thing i want, is that people stay all the time at the first tier of boilers and only build more of them. I prepared enough alternatives before this nerv so no one can complain.

Sounds fine to me.

Only one thing: The granite still spawns in the end asteroids.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• So, any chances for stable 5.09 release before new year? It could be a good gift for christmas :rolleyes:

• What about coal boilers accumulating clogged ashes, or perhaps the chimney could slowly fill up with dirtiness as time goes on, impacting efficiency exponentially ? I'm pretty sure you can still ask for golems to do the job for you as of right now, or even OC robots.
    PaladinOne : water can still be piped in, and it will stay like this.

Edit : The high pressure coal boilers could rust over time, unless they're galvanized. I mean, it's pure steel, it's been forming inside a bronze blast furnace. Steel used to be resistant to oxidation when it was forged by hand the hard way, but the industrial way of producing it makes it not as resistant to oxidation as it used to be, now they add things into it to make it resistant.

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

Edited once, last by Nexey ().

• The solar boiler is slowly calcinating. Starts after 12h, after 24h it is down to 50% efficiency, 48h down to 25% efficiency. To clean/reset the calcination, the solar boiler must be picked up and placed down again. So some work by hand every 24h so they stay efficient.

Looking at the github commit for this, that does not look like what you did. What it looks like is, after 12h (10,000 ticks), Steam output decreases by 1L every 100 ticks, down to a minimum of 50L every 150 ticks (1/3 efficiency) after another 12h (10,000 ticks).

• Looking at the github commit for this, that does not look like what you did. What it looks like is, after 12h (10,000 ticks), Steam output decreases by 1L every 100 ticks, down to a minimum of 50L every 150 ticks (1/3 efficiency) after another 12h (10,000 ticks).

Since when are 12h 10.000 ticks? I thought 1second=20 ticks, so 12h=864.000 ticks 8|

Since when are 12h 10.000 ticks? I thought 1second=20 ticks, so 12h=864.000 ticks 8|

Solar boiler processes steam every 25 tick, so these 10000 refer to these 25-tick intervals (might call them boiler ticks)

• Solar boiler processes steam every 25 tick, so these 10000 refer to these 25-tick intervals (might call them boiler ticks)

But still, 864.000 / 25 = 34.560

• Since when are 12h 10.000 ticks? I thought 1second=20 ticks, so 12h=864.000 ticks 8|

12 Minecraft hours, not 12 real hours. 10,000 ticks comes out to 8 minutes and 20 seconds

Also, now that I'm a little more awake, it seems that the statement of 12 hours is also inaccurate, because a Minecraft day is actually 20 minutes (24,000 ticks).

Double-also, I'm now looking at the code again, and I'm seeing that my original time was wrong by a factor of 25 (because the timer in question only increments once every 25 ticks, when the Boiler produces Steam). New analysis: Boiler output reductions set in after 12,500 seconds (208 minutes 20 seconds), and reach maximum strength after another 208 minutes 20 seconds.

However, this still is not in any way related to 12 hours Minecraft or 12 hours IRL; that's 10.4 Minecraft days / 3.47 hours IRL.