[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• BloodAsp,

I have just got around testing the extra Metallurgy support you added for fluids (Thanks so much for that btw). but I think you missed 3 of them.

ore:ingotObsidian, ore:ingotKalendrite and ore:ingotIgnatius.

I hope I didn't spell these wrong the fist time, but at least in my instance they do not have a fluid extractor recipe (Because the GT molten fluid does not exist I right?)

Thanks, Again.

• Well if it makes a difference, what I am referencing is the ingot added my Tinkers Construct: http://i.imgur.com/YaEwAjB.png

I do not fully understand how Forge modding works, but if Greg already added support for Manyullyn whenTinkers is loaded, wouldn't adding support for the Obsidian Ingots work the same and the molten fluid would only be available when tinkers is installed?

Of course correct me if I'm wrong =p

• Official Post

As requested by bloody, i'm posting the ideas here so he does not forget.

Nodepower multiplier = 0.85 + 0.15 for every aspect CV that is > 4 (min 1, max 1.75). This multiplier goes on the equation of power production.
    Also we might need an IV magic energy absorber :P (20 CV - 6 aspect nodes produces more power than what the EV absorber can handle :3)

-------------------------------------------------

Shields have the following aspects. Increasing/adding one decreases another.

Capacity
    Regeneration
    Regeneration Cooldown (after taking damage, the shield must wait a time before it can regen)

Special aspects :

Health regeneration
    Max Health Capacity
    Damage Return
    Chance to deflect projectiles
    Increase damage of projectiles fired by you (if possible) at the cost of some shield energy.
    and many more you can imagine.

• And Accelerator vector shield : Uses the a ton of energy ( requires a fusion reactor to charge this ) But makes you perfectly invincible to normal attacks/projectiles and give you perfect thorns :3

• Is there an existing way to customize the GT machine names (and maybe tooltips), at least for a local single-player game? If not, how hard would it be to add? The lang file in the GT5u jar seems to only cover the achievements.

I know Greg asked for suggestions on machine names before, but only some of them got implemented, leaving some minor annoyances:
    1. Some machines are still labeled as Advanced (machine name) II-IV
    2. Some of the machines that did get renamed for the top few tiers don't show up when searching NEI for the machine type, e.g. "Macerator" or "Electric Furnace".
    3. Some of the NEI processing recipes show GUI titles that don't match the machine names - e.g. "Metal Bender" when the machine name is "Bending Machine" or "Assembler" when the machine is called an "Assembling Machine", which complicates finding the NEI recipe for the machine itself.

Also, I find it a bit curious that Greg wanted to reserve the word "Industrial" for multiblock names, but as far as I can tell, it didn't actually get used for any of them.

• Request for some recipe changes that would be better for GT5 in general:

1. Electric Blast Furnace should use 3 iron furnaces instead of the 3 vanilla ones.

2. Implosion Compressor should use 3 reinforced stones instead of 3 obsidian.

Small changes but I think they are worth it.

And black to the blind we seem to be.

• Is there an existing way to customize the GT machine names (and maybe tooltips), at least for a local single-player game? If not, how hard would it be to add? The lang file in the GT5u jar seems to only cover the achievements.

I know Greg asked for suggestions on machine names before, but only some of them got implemented, leaving some minor annoyances:
    1. Some machines are still labeled as Advanced (machine name) II-IV
    2. Some of the machines that did get renamed for the top few tiers don't show up when searching NEI for the machine type, e.g. "Macerator" or "Electric Furnace".
    3. Some of the NEI processing recipes show GUI titles that don't match the machine names - e.g. "Metal Bender" when the machine name is "Bending Machine" or "Assembler" when the machine is called an "Assembling Machine", which complicates finding the NEI recipe for the machine itself.

Also, I find it a bit curious that Greg wanted to reserve the word "Industrial" for multiblock names, but as far as I can tell, it didn't actually get used for any of them.

Thought about using Minetweaker for this?

• or just use the search argument for the different voltages eg. type basic for all basic machines or use 8192 to get most quad ev machines like the sigularity compressor or the rotary macerator, be careful some lower voltage machines also show up in there, just to prevent placing acidently lower machine next to a 8192 eu cable

• Thought about using Minetweaker for this?

I've been hesitant to install Minetweaker, and I had forgotten that Minetweaker had that capability.

or just use the search argument for the different voltages eg. type basic for all basic machines or use 8192 to get most quad ev machines like the sigularity compressor or the rotary macerator, be careful some lower voltage machines also show up in there, just to prevent placing acidently lower machine next to a 8192 eu cable

That's because searching for just the number doesn't distinguish whether it's the voltage, the capacity, the item id or part of the metadata value. The underlying idea is still good though, because I can search for "\(IV\)" (using regex search) to get the Insane Voltage machines and cables.

• Well if you decide to use Minetweaker, I can write you a script for the small changes you want.

Little personal tweaks like these are best done by the player, but that's just my view.

• That is called quantum suit. Also shields are meant to be similar to Borderlands ones where they can tank only a certain amount of damage before breaking.

But I think he meant a constant drain power to keep the shield working. If the player takes damage, then you could have a recharge delay like in borderlands. But to even recharge it, it could require something as end game as fusion reactor to keep it working would be interesting.

The quantum suit (Last time I used it) doesn't use any power while you aren't doing anything.