[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Official Post

The terraformer is fine, I don't get what you guys have against it so much. The main issues are that the range is far too big to be practical under normal use and it takes a lot of power to get anything done.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

The terraformer is fine, I don't get what you guys have against it so much. The main issues are that the range is far too big to be practical under normal use and it takes a lot of power to get anything done.

The problem is not the range, but the way it terraforms. It goes too randomly, being wasteful on the way it converts (you see it reduces the speed of terraform as it gets closer to "finish" the job).
    It should convert blocks one by one, in a similar fashion the miner scans and digs for blocks.
    It also has the inability to change biomes, which would be a great purpose for a REAL terraforming machine.

• Official Post

The problem is not the range, but the way it terraforms. It goes too randomly, being wasteful on the way it converts (you see it reduces the speed of terraform as it gets closer to "finish" the job).
    It should convert blocks one by one, in a similar fashion the miner scans and digs for blocks.
    It also has the inability to change biomes, which would be a great purpose for a REAL terraforming machine.

The randomness makes pretty patterns, but it does slow it down when it scans which is a shame. If it was to change to one by one, it'd end up spiralling around the terraformer, which I guess could look cool too, but completely prevent you from using multiple to speed the process up.
    It does have the ability to change biomes, but only the mushroom TFBP does it.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Which is why there is something called range limit, that should be a square, for that purpose.
    All other blueprints should change the biome, also add some others.

Although I vote for biome changing be an UU dependant feature.

• Official Post

that should be a square

Why limit it to a square? Rectangular terraforming could allow you to run them at the same time easier than each one having it's own square. And circle mode to bring back the current mechanic.

All other blueprints should change the biome

Which blueprint would change to which biome? There are some that would fit to change it into quite a few biomes

add some others.

Such as? There's already a pretty wide range for what you might want

Although I vote for biome changing be an UU dependant feature.

Passively or per block changed?

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Why limit it to a square? Rectangular terraforming could allow you to run them at the same time easier than each one having it's own square. And circle mode to bring back the current mechanic.

The default would be a cube. Other shapes are optional. Those include, but not restrict to: spherical, X cylindrical, Y cylindrical, Z cylindrical, pyramid and whatever more 3D shape.
    Shape could maybe be configured via number input, with a maximum range in one direction depending on how upgraded the terraformer is (overclockers).

Which blueprint would change to which biome? There are some that would fit to change it into quite a few biomes
    Such as? There's already a pretty wide range for what you might want

Well... those blueprints would have to be renamed likely.

TFBP - Forest (causes trees to grow faster - Forest biome)
    TFBP - Swamp (causes crops to grow faster - Swamp biome)
    TFBP - Snow (snow everywhere, including some spike formation - Snow biome)
    TFBP - Desert (sand, crops and trees planted will die, with the only exception of cacti, which will actually grow faster - Desert biome)
    TFBP - Ocean (turn a very deep range of dirt and stone into water blocks and formation of some gravel in the bottom - Ocean biome)
    TFBP - River (turn a shallow range of dirt and stone into water blocks - River biome) - best used with cylindrical shape.
    TFBP - Mushroom (makes mushroom just like it does now - Mushroom biome)
    TFBP - Hills (increases height of the area around the terraformer by ~60Y - Hills biome)
    TFBP - Plains (does what the flatification one currently does - Plains biome)
    TFBP - End (turns everything into end stone - Sky biome) - Special TFBP that passively requires UUM to work.
    TFBP - Hell (turns everything into netherrack - Hell biome) - Special TFBP that passively requires UUM to work.

May allow the combination of two or more base TFBPs to achieve some biomes (taiga would combine ice and forest, taiga hills would combine ice, forest and hills)

Passively or per block changed?

Per block changed. Overclocking would also affect this.

• Official Post

Where does that leave the flatification and irrigation ones? They don't directly modify the biome but change the landscape.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Where does that leave the flatification and irrigation ones? They don't directly modify the biome but change the landscape.

Plains and Swamp ones would have those abilities respectively.

Makes sense for a plain to be really "plain" and a swamp one to increase growth of stuff (since its the best biome for IC2 crops).

• Official Post

But plains biomes have grass and ferns in them, while the flatification only puts down dirt. Would the plants get generated with UU as it changes the biome rather than just the land?

I see this too much.

• What would be the best way to enable GT generation of ores like Adamantium, Mythril and TC ores?

Do I add them under ore mix > custom > [num] in the WorldGen config?

• ./ban SpwnX for having suggested weather related stuff ( joke ),

also, since a lot of things that previously have been banned from IC2 are now in there, can you please re-do the rules concerning them ?

Also, by passively requiring UUm, you mean once you can't supply it anymore, the biome reverts back to normal except for blocks ?

• Official Post

since a lot of things that previously have been banned from IC2 are now in there, can you please re-do the rules concerning them ?

What rules? There has always been the informal code of what not to request but I never saw a definitive list. Well, not an up to date one anyway... HELP: Suggestion Compendium

by passively requiring UUm, you mean once you can't supply it anymore, the biome reverts back to normal except for blocks ?

It's converting the biome using UU, not just passively using it to pretend to be a different biome.

I see this too much.

• So when I attempt to add new custom ore mixes in the WorldGeneration config and run the game it resets the values I entered.

This is what happens to the first and second custom ore mix slot entries: http://pastebin.com/xmtbFGQ7

You can see how it overwrites the data in the slot with the default values and leaves behind what I entered.

It also does the same to the line that enables the ore mix near the top of the config but it adds _false = false http://pastebin.com/YHpD0udY

• Official Post

Are you modifying the config before the "=" ? If yes, don't do that. Those are the default values. You must only change what is after the "=".

For example,

• B:ore.mix.custom.00_false=false means that by default the custom ore mix 00 is disabled, and is disabled.
    • B:ore.mix.custom.00_false=true means that by default the custom ore mix 00 is disabled, but is actually enabled.
    • B:ore.mix.custom.00_true=true does not exist because the default is false, so this line of config is ignored and the default config (1.) gets regenerated.