[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Blood, do the primary problems with the Large Turbine happen to center on the Optimal Flow logic?

I've been looking at the code, and I can't help but wonder if timing is always going to be a problem when trying to handle this. Specifically ensuring that you always have "only" the optimal amount of fluid after deleting the extra fluid. Since the GT hatches were never supposed to work this way (they're supposed to act as buffers) it's one of the first things I'd abandon if you can't get it to work right.

Its kinda neat but doesn't really add much to the game, especially since GT doesn't actually provide any way to throttle flow rates other than a few pipe tiers.

Oh, idea: screwdriver on a pipe-cover to throttle flow rates :p

• The bug that came from the last update comes from switching some integers to floats to calculate exact values for water return.

But yes, the optimal flow is not quite optimal right now. My first plant about the large turbine was even more complex, but once i failed to calculate it perfectly myself i cut out some stuff and left a mess inside.
    Currently i think to change the optimal flow to be calculated from the last 200 ticks or so. I know how to but so far failed to get my motivation up to really do it.

• The bug that came from the last update comes from switching some integers to floats to calculate exact values for water return.

But yes, the optimal flow is not quite optimal right now. My first plant about the large turbine was even more complex, but once i failed to calculate it perfectly myself i cut out some stuff and left a mess inside.
    Currently i think to change the optimal flow to be calculated from the last 200 ticks or so. I know how to but so far failed to get my motivation up to really do it.

Stay positive sir. This is the most exciting stuff to happen to GT in a long time, and there's a big line of people who appreciate all your efforts immensely. You're a superstar :)

I'm not much of a Java programmer but I'm happy to try to help out. I do C# for a living, and they're basically identical anyway.

• I'm currently also coding in C# at work. When i'm coding. Most the time the last two months was SysML/UML...

The last month for me has been technical documentation for an API I wrote.

At least its a hockey stat API so its kind of interesting. I guess.

• for some reason my large turbine doesnt work the animation spins, it is all in one chunk, it has steam and the turbine item but no power comes out of the output hatch some help please

• Thaumium turbines optimal flow is 24.000L/s or 1200L/t. 1200L/t / 2 *1.05Effiency = 630 Eu/t. That is not HV, it is EV, so you have to use an EV Dynamo Hatch.

Its not clarified in the wiki, but intuitively it seems to me that it should have generated 512 eu/t in this case and discarded the rest.

Alternately it would be very nice (and, again, intuitive) if the turbine could generate 1-32 amps depending on the dynamo hatch you use. In Muramasa's case, it would generate up to 2 amps.

That said, given it probably emits a single amp, EV is definitely the best choice as you suggest. And good observation on the larger turbine item/rotor.

• Its not clarified in the wiki, but intuitively it seems to me that it should have generated 512 eu/t in this case and discarded the rest.

Alternately it would be very nice (and, again, intuitive) if the turbine could generate 1-32 amps depending on the dynamo hatch you use. In Muramasa's case, it would generate up to 2 amps.

That said, given it probably emits a single amp, EV is definitely the best choice as you suggest. And good observation on the larger turbine item/rotor.

Also tried it with an EV dynamo hatch and it still didn't consume any steam. For good measure I tried swapping out the steam turbine block and replacing it with a gas turbine. I put methane in one of the input hatches and it consumed the methane and made power. Didn't work when I switched it back to steam.

Thanks for the recommendations, though. I'll try to mess around with it some more with an EV hatch on it (I already tried this to some extent).

• Hello Great Blood Asp,

I am in the (Very Slow) process of making a 1.7.10 remake of one of the earlier FTB pack, FTB Ultimate. With the understanding that Greg (the Great AND Glorious Greg) has open permissions for including his mod into packs (as long as they are also allowed to in include IC2 I would assume, AND I deal with the bugs), I am hereby asking for your permission to include your wonderful fork of that amazing mod in my pack. You would be credited (Along with Greg as the original author this fork is branched from), a Link to this thread on the FTB forums page for the pack, and your name as the creator of this fork.

That is of course unless you would have any other requirements?

P.S. The only reason for posting this to be sure I am covering my bases, and the fact that after reading the entire thread I found nothing concerning modpacks. Sorry if I stupidly missed something. Cheers.

• I am in the (Very Slow) process of making a 1.7.10 remake of one of the earlier FTB pack, FTB Ultimate.

I hope your efforts will be more successful than the last time someone tried to rebuild Ultimate.
    That attempt was called FTB Resurrection, and creator abandonment turned it into a train wreck that four months later I'm still pissed off about.

• I hope also that it is not a train wreck. :)

Other then gregtech, all I'm still waiting on for the mod list I'd factoization permission, as I lack the imagination for his requirements for mod packs.

If your interested, the pack code is "askjeeves". Again my unimaginative shows. Currently am just working on fixing biome/enchant/potion conflicts and bugs. Will be much more... interesting once I add (hopefully) gregtech-unofficial. There will be a test server up starting next week for a couple months to help work out bugs.

I would love to be able to rely on the experience of this wonderfull community here on issues if you would be willing to help? I'll set up a github for configs and scripts tonight so it will be easier to track changes and sugjestions.

And as for abandonment, not going to happen. I'm here for the duration. As long as one mod in my pack is supported for 1.7.10, I'll continue to work on making it better.

FTB forum will be up as soon tonight (PST).

• Added processing array support for recipes not using up items (like shapes).

I had a question about this that I don't find an answer for in this thread or the wiki page. If I use a recipe in the processing array that requires a mold, extruder shape, or configured circuit, do I need 1 such item total, or 1 per machine placed in the processing array? (I'm guessing that even in the latter case, using multiple different molds/shapes/circuit configurations wouldn't work)

• Nice blood :)

Minor typo: the plural is "Factories" rather than "Factorys"

• Fantastic.

Addition: I think, you have a mistake in word "factorys". Correct would be "factories". (correct me if I'm wrong)
    ^Oops, I'm late. Didn't read Pyure's message before writing my post.
    Otherwise, our commentaries are almost the same.