[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• You (and everyone else) are free to start programming on what you want as long i'm not allready working on it.

I will also accept every feature as pull request as long it does not conflict with stuff i do or it is badly programmed. Should i not like it, a default disabled config for it is enough for me to accept it directly into GT5U(e).

The main difference in concept of pyures and mine ideas is that he would save pullution in each chunk seperatly and lets in spread out to the next chunks. (About the same factorio does i think)

My idea was to save a single central pullution per base, covering a radius of 100-200 blocks. Every newly created pullution inside this would be absorbed into it, and they center were the main pullution output is.

Both concepts have it's good and bad points. The main issue i see is chunkloading. On servers when the player is offline, in most cases only 3x3 chunks are loaded, so spreading like in factorio were everything is loaded is not possible.

• Is it cool if I ask modding related questions while getting up to speed here? I'll try to keep it to a minimum.

I'm trying to add a basicmachine gui recipe texture based off of Default called Default2 for the fusion reactor since it has two fluid inputs. I can get it to work if I just replace default but if I try to add Default2 to the basicmachine directory and change line 77 to reference Default2 the NEI recipe just shows the empty texture. Is there something that has to be done to add a texture? I figured they would just get taken from the directory automatically.

Nvm got it working. I had to refresh the directory in eclipse manually...

Also I'm trying to find where the rectangle that's in the upper right of fusion reactor gui is declared but I can't seem to find it (or any other "recipes" button for that matter in the code.
    Found it at gregtech.api.gui.GT_Container_MultiMachine

• My personal interests are using pollution as a soft-control to mitigate spamable early tech and early energy. For instance, its common for people to totally ignore nuclear power, or refined fuels, because good old tree farms and lava-gen are amazing in just about every pack ever.

Well, I forgot to mention, but yes, tree farms are really OP.
    I wanted to change my EU production on my game, but there's not a really good alternative.
    I remember that, on GT4 (I think), I used a mix of IC² generators, the Geothermals, one semifluid and a Nuclear Reactor.

Now, with Ic2 generators disabled by Gregtech, we are much more limited.

We don't have a Biofuel production, without oil (for now), the gas and diesel generators are useless. Lava needs a lot titanium for the heat exchanger, or the slow lava boiler, I guess (back to steam). I have no access to a Nuclear reactor, because it uses a disabled IC2 generator (Can we have a gregtech one?)

To sum it up: It would be great to have more early viable options, like a Gregtech biofuel produtcion around the lv/mv age, and a recipe to the nuclear reactor.

• So I've found the pertinent lines for adding the NEI button to the fusion reactor but I'm not certain what's the best way about adding it. Since the fusion reactor is a multiblock and not a basic machine the constructor does not have an NEI name. Should I add the NEI name to the multiblock constructor (and then by extension change every multiblock to have the NEI string) or make the fusion reactor a special case? It would be neat to have the button in the upper right of every multiblock to have the NEI recipes but idk if that slot had some alternative purpose. I also want to verify that this sort of change is the right thing to do and falls in line with what you want before I go through the effort of adding it.

Also mods are like onions. It's really hard to keep all of this shit in my head at one time.

• What's overpowered about tree farms? I dislike MFR because of how unbalanced it is so I don't use it but the tree farm I use right now is run off of opencomputers robots. There's simply no way to run an EBF without automated energy and there's no automated energy outside of tree farms and lava. The notion of tree farms and lava being overpowered annoys me because that's like saying "if you aren't constantly energy starved the game is broken". If you can't do automated energy then you're pretty much just sitting on your hands most of the time waiting for things to get done. That or manually cutting trees, hunting for coal, or hunting for oil. No thanks. I'd rather play smart than play hard.

• Well, I was talking about the one I setup with Thaumcraft golems.
    But you're right, they aren't OP, I spent a lot of time to make it work, and it gives a lot of charcoal, but enough to keep the EBF working for a good time. It just feels OP, because I used to starve for energy before TC.

Well, without other mods, I would be starving yet. I have TC for a tree farm, Railcraft for a steam tank and used to have BC for the pump, but now GT have one, finally.
    A starter fluid tank, before the quantum would be great on GT, and the tree farm would be optional with other means of EU generation.

Maybe the problem is, I depend too much on GT, and seems that about no one plays with GT alone.

• I´m on my way to write an Survivaladdon for Gt5u which implements (among other things) environmental effects to the player and the world. Think of it like an reduced Enviromine for GT. It will take some time, but my goals for it cover the here expressed wishes :D

• Now, with Ic2 generators disabled by Gregtech, we are much more limited.

Wait, when did that happen? I'm still on build 26, which has the IC2 generator enabled by default, but I don't find any indication in the changelog (including for the 5.09 preview) that that was changed. Also, I would not expect Blood Asp to cancel out the ability to make nuclear reactors after he brought back the GT4 reactor components.

• Well, I was talking about the one I setup with Thaumcraft golems.
    But you're right, they aren't OP, I spent a lot of time to make it work, and it gives a lot of charcoal, but enough to keep the EBF working for a good time. It just feels OP, because I used to starve for energy before TC.

Well, without other mods, I would be starving yet. I have TC for a tree farm, Railcraft for a steam tank and used to have BC for the pump, but now GT have one, finally.
    A starter fluid tank, before the quantum would be great on GT, and the tree farm would be optional with other means of EU generation.

Maybe the problem is, I depend too much on GT, and seems that about no one plays with GT alone.

I agree. GT5 doesn't feel like it's designed to operate stand alone which I don't think is a flaw. It's up to the pack creator and player to decide how easy or hard the energy crisis will be. One thing's for certain: late into LV before a tree farm is a huge hurdle and HV before a large scale fission set up is a huge hurdle.

• Have been away from GT for a while, does this modified version of gt supports direct IC2 cable input now? (since there is already RF support)

Edit: all right it's still the same, could you make it works at least with aroma1997's classic e-net modification?

• Well, what about new steam machines math? First, power multiplying for boilers does not work - large steam boiler still produces 24000 mB/sec. What did happened with small turbines? Earlier advanced steam turbine (128 eu) ate 512 mB/tic according to formula energy output*2/efficiency (128*2/0.50=512). And now it requires twice a lot of steam (1024 mB/tic)... Second, old formula for large steam turbine also does not work. For example, if steel boiler produces 24000 mB/sec this amount must give 600*rotor efficiency (720 eu/tic for 120% efficiency). But, large aluminium or cobalt brass rotors (120%) have different output - 650 and 560 eu/tic. Not 720!

P.S. Why did recipe of charcoal from wood in the furnace have been disabled? So, large boiler needs 90 Railcraft coke ovens to produce 1 charcoal per second? Isn't too many?
    Sorry for my english and thanks for GT improvement)

• Wait, when did that happen? I'm still on build 26, which has the IC2 generator enabled by default, but I don't find any indication in the changelog (including for the 5.09 preview) that that was changed. Also, I would not expect Blood Asp to cancel out the ability to make nuclear reactors after he brought back the GT4 reactor components.

Are you sure? I appears on my NEI, but I couldn't craft it;
    I am know that Greg disables all IC² generators by default, otherwise you could skip all the steam age (or mostly);

Well, what about new steam machines math? First, power multiplying for boilers does not work - large steam boiler still produces 24000 mB/sec. What did happened with small turbines? Earlier advanced steam turbine (128 eu) ate 512 mB/tic according to formula energy output*2/efficiency (128*2/0.50=512). And now it requires twice a lot of steam (1024 mB/tic)... Second, old formula for large steam turbine also does not work. For example, if steel boiler produces 24000 mB/sec this amount must give 600*rotor efficiency (720 eu/tic for 120% efficiency). But, large aluminium or cobalt brass rotors (120%) have different output - 650 and 560 eu/tic. Not 720!

P.S. Why did recipe of charcoal from wood in the furnace have been disabled? So, large boiler needs 90 Railcraft coke ovens to produce 1 charcoal per second? Isn't too many?
    Sorry for my english and thanks for GT improvement)

Are you using a ModPack? Gregtech (still) doesn't disables charcoal.
    Also, this thread have a lot of useful math, and the Wiki have almost all the other information you need.

• im getting a weird crash report with my modpack i cant seem to figure it out and even some of my dev friends cant figure out why.
    the pack is very big with 200+ mods so hopefully this can be sorted as it would be a awesome addition
    http://pastebin.com/bvNrvNav

Exnihilo tries to load a recipes in IC2 that GT allready added. So the bug is that exnihilo does not check the IC2 recipes correctly before adding it. Maybe IC2 itself could also change something here, but is is certainly not a GT crash.

Are you sure? I appears on my NEI, but I couldn't craft it;
    I am know that Greg disables all IC² generators by default, otherwise you could skip all the steam age (or mostly);

Greg did disable them far in the past. But they are reenabled since forever... The IC2 generator needs a RE-Battery and that needs LV machines with GT, so there is no way to jump techs with that.

Are you using a ModPack? Gregtech (still) doesn't disables charcoal.
    Also, this thread have a lot of useful math, and the Wiki have almost all the other information you need.

I did disable charcoal in 5.09 and add alternative methods for that. If you are using 5.08, that it must be a modpack setting.

• About the generator: You're right, I was stupid and was trying to use a battery hull, without putting redstone. Sigh...
    And I forgot the you released the 5.09 for tests, with no charcoal.

Well, time to plan my reactor :D

• I did disable charcoal in 5.09 and add alternative methods for that. If you are using 5.08, that it must be a modpack setting.

I can't see any alternative methods (version 5.09.01)
    And what about steam math?
    One more question) May you create two types of machines output sign - one for materials and one for fluids? Otherwise it is difficult to make the scheme of resource processing