[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• I do have a batbuffer with 8 Lapotron Crystals, before a Transformer near the EBF, and my turbine actives when the buffer is low, and deactivates when its full.
    Usually this is enough, but I finally found a tungstate vein today, and I'm cooking non-stop, so it's being too much for the poor girl.

Well, I let it charge for now, tomorrow I finish batch, time to sleep here. No need to hasty now :D

This inspired me to make two EV x16 bat buffers filled with lap xtals. I have two x4 EV buffers on either end with energy detectors hooked up to them. The energy detectors go to RS TX that feed a simple RS SR latch (the really compact one that only needs two RS torches). It turns on when the first buffer is near empty and off when the last buffer is near full.

Also funny enough I do wear black jeans often, a wool sweatshirt that looks like that one, and a beard.

• SpawnX is really a smiling cat, Willis is a bearded character from minecraft, Pyure is a Pirate-ninja Mushroom (I hope?), Mauvecloud is... well, a raining cloud. He still plays pretty, besides the fact that he rains on the keyboard.

And I, well, I am a real Owl named "Drawfox", while my brother is an Hyena;
    It's weird, I know - But what can I do? Dad has alcohol problems...

For privacy and security reasons I actually wear my eye patch on my other eye irl...or do I?

• Hi.
    I've made a simple modpack, but it has a trouble.

First, it works well in singleplayer. However, when I try to open it in multiplayer, it gives error messages and goes back to the title or crashes. It's like when I used the Gregtech 5 Unofficial with forge version 1445-1481.

Linked is the client's crash log.

http://pastebin.com/Qqkksd8j

Lastly, for your information, both of server and client were using Forge ver 10.13.3.1428.

• This inspired me to make two EV x16 bat buffers filled with lap xtals. I have two x4 EV buffers on either end with energy detectors hooked up to them. The energy detectors go to RS TX that feed a simple RS SR latch (the really compact one that only needs two RS torches). It turns on when the first buffer is near empty and off when the last buffer is near full.

Also funny enough I do wear black jeans often, a wool sweatshirt that looks like that one, and a beard.

Could you post some Screenshots of this scheme? I don't know that one with RS torches.

I have one to activate the boilers when my main tank (steel railcraft one) is empty (fluid detector on a pipe before a tank buffer for the turbine, so it don't stops), and deactivates when the output hatch of a boiler is full (meaning that my railcraft tank is full as well). It is a little improvised, with pistons and redstone, but works pretty well and is very cheap.

For the battery buffer, I'm using energy detectors, RS transmitters and receivers, because it stays far from the turbine.
    It opens the steam pipe that feeds the turbine when power is low, and closes when its full.

But the setup that I use to keep the boilers and the turbine active is a little big, two pistons, two brick blocks and a redstone block. I wanted an idea for something smaller, I don't use to play with vanilla redstone, so that was the better I could do.
    Also, a detector mode to outputs redstone signal only when a tank or buffer is TOTALLY full or empty would make my setup much more smaller.

BTW, I feel that Lapotrons crystals are really cheap, in comparison with HV batteries. I was struggling with lead to make battery alloys, even after finding a galena vein, but I have plenty of redstone and lapis to make the lapotrons.
    Thats not bad though, as they are used to make those expansive circuits further on...

-------

For privacy and security reasons I actually wear my eye patch on my other eye irl...or do I?

You mean, "I actually wear my eye patch on my other eye (as well)"? Clever guy...

• Honestly the cheapness of the lap xtals is causing me to rework my energy network for EV distribution. Even after a few tetra veins and proper processing I'm out of antimony while trying to wire things up. It just takes so many batteries to limit current to certain areas. With EV distribution/buffers with HV xfrmers it takes the burden off the batteries a little.

Also I can't screenshot atm but I will later. I'm doing the isolated perpendicular RS Nor latch. You can actually make it a bit smaller than that picture shows. All it needs is the redstone from one torch going in front of the other torch. You also don't need the negated output (unless you design to do it). The hardest part is keeping all of the negates and double negates in your head. Your best bet is to just write down some states. You know you want the LHE on when the input buffer is low and off when the output buffer is high. Write down what your energy detectors do and what RS input your LHE needs. Also learn the single RS torch inverter. That thing makes life so easy.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Memory_circuit#RS-NOR_Latches

• What witchery is this? 8|
    I think I'm pretty happy with my pistons, really.

It's basically this, probably most of you know how to do it:

________________________Boiler controler______
    |Piston|Brick|Redstone block|___________|brick|Piston|

It works like this: Tank empty, redstone signal activates a piston that push a redstone block under the boiler control, activating it. When it starts to fill, the piston will retract, but the block stays where it is. Until the Boiler hatch gets full, and sends a signal to another piston, that push the Redstone block back to it's original position, deactivating the boiler. The brick is there only to avoid direct contact with the piston, keeping it active. It's simple, and don't blows my head off :D
    It stays under the boiler too, so It's hidden all the time, not so ugly.

But I'll read this link, maybe is easier than appears...
    ---Edit----
    I see that you are using a LHE, so Boiler input is also a concern. ATM, I'm using regular boiler and charcoal isn't a problem, so I dont need to check for it. Maybe later I'll do a more complex system, probably using a hidden room underground and attach inputs and outputs to wireless RS transmiters. Like a program fuction ^^

• Now I'm curious: what other mods carry social stigmas in this forum?

Which ones don't? I only use Gregtech, Railcraft (tank) and Thaumcraft (I feel that even IC2 is casual).
    I don't know much others technical mods, therefore I fear and want to destroy them.

• Now I'm curious: what other mods carry social stigmas in this forum?

I actually like having mods like BC TE, and extra utilities as long as they're "balanced" to the point of costing much more than their GT counterparts. I don't like multiple blocks that do the same thing except one does it better, faster, for less energy, and less material cost. Everything in a pack should have its place.

Also I've never actually used EnderIO personally but the reason I shy away from it is because from what I've seen it eliminates all routing and plumbing problems. I think those are some key elements in a design and just removing it from the equation isn't as satisfying.

• That's pretty clever. I like that.

For the boiler I was unsatisfied with BC gate's 25% granularity so I actually went with opencomputers. It lets me monitor consumption rate and do clever things like calculate the percentage full to turn on the boilers (assuming the flow rate doesn't change). Every loop check the consumption rate. If I know I can make 48 B/s and it takes me a minute to get there (with a linear increase from 0) I can pick a point where I should turn on so that I will be at 100% when the tank is completely empty. Dat efficiency.

• I was using BC before only for the pumps. Now that we have one, I removed from my mods. Just sad that all that oil was gone with it, forgot that was a BC thing...

Speaking about mods, I'm really curious about the "Realistic Fluids Overhaul".
    I always wanted to put a pipe with a drain at the bottom of a river to fill my boilers and factory, never used finite water because I couldn't do this. Anyone tried to see if works and the water is compatible?

• For the boiler I was unsatisfied with BC gate's 25% granularity so I actually went with opencomputers. It lets me monitor consumption rate and do clever things like calculate the percentage full to turn on the boilers (assuming the flow rate doesn't change). Every loop check the consumption rate. If I know I can make 48 B/s and it takes me a minute to get there (with a linear increase from 0) I can pick a point where I should turn on so that I will be at 100% when the tank is completely empty. Dat efficiency.

Seems cool, I need to try OpenComputers. But I have so little time to play, that I feel that I'll spend it all programing instead playing. And I'll still have to learn its language;

• Official Post

Also I've never actually used EnderIO personally but the reason I shy away from it is because from what I've seen it eliminates all routing and plumbing problems. I think those are some key elements in a design and just removing it from the equation isn't as satisfying.

As some one who has used it, it does basically what you say. Sure you can have pretty set-ups, but it all feels to easy, as suddenly even having to wire up your magic RF machines isn't a nuance, MFR needing 3 connections can all be made on one face, as can AE conduit cables cross it and now Open Computers wire. I remember back when there wasn't a way to cover any cable, and now you can run 7 in a block with a façade covering them so it looks like a normal block. I can very much see the appeal to people, but it takes away from using other mod's solutions by being a lot easier.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Fluid canner compressed air cell output go into wrong slot #183

Then, how do you extract Azote (nitrogen) gas from air?

That's not really a bug. See here:

The peculiarity of the Fluid Canner is that it doesen't have any "input" or "output" slots, but only one single slot where up to 16000L of fluid can be stored. This means that the same fluid can be inputted via pipe and outputted by filling an Cell, and vice versa. In fact, any other machine that has fluid slots can't output the inputted fluid without processing it. To export a fluid, however, an Electric Pump attached to one side is required.

• Oh, I just noticed the Brazil flag on SpwnX.
    Didn't knew you were from here...

huehuehue ~SpwnX

• I think you can also output from the fluid canner using the auto-output function.

That didn't work a few months ago, but I just checked in creative mode, and apparently it does now. (although maybe I had been using the wrong auto-output button before, since the textures I was using didn't include the tank/crate indicators, and the tooltips hadn't been added)

• I actually like having mods like BC TE, and extra utilities as long as they're "balanced" to the point of costing much more than their GT counterparts. I don't like multiple blocks that do the same thing except one does it better, faster, for less energy, and less material cost. Everything in a pack should have its place.

+1. If one mod does something way better than another and isn't justified via progression or resource costs, nobody will ever use that inferior tech.

That it does. I'm pretty torn on this myself. On the one hand, I dislike having the easy EnderIO option for simple logistical problems, but on the other hand, it adds some flexibility for truly deep and convoluted scenarios.

• I do have a batbuffer with 8 Lapotron Crystals, before a Transformer near the EBF, and my turbine actives when the buffer is low, and deactivates when its full.
    Usually this is enough, but I finally found a tungstate vein today, and I'm cooking non-stop, so it's being too much for the poor girl.

Well, I let it charge for now, tomorrow I finish batch, time to sleep here. No need to hasty now :D

Can I ask what do you use to check how full the buffer is? Or/and maybe show the screenshot?
    I'd like to do same thing on my plasma turbine.