[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Blood Asp, when you have a second, please see and comment
    [GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Finally a real endgame! Now new: Achievements!

Should we change the code or change the wiki, or am I just misinterpreting something?

If we need to change the code, just remove the "* 2L" from this line.

Code
    int tGeneratedEU = (int) (this.mEUt * 2L * this.mEfficiency / 10000L);

in GT_MetaTileEntity_HeatExchanger.java#L146

• Should we change the code or change the wiki, or am I just misinterpreting something?

MHO is - multiblock machines should be more efficient than single block. So wiki should be changed, not code.

PS I'm still using array of HP Coal Boilers and HP Lava Boilers (they built long before GT5U was created) and need good reason to replace them by multiblock boilers :)
    Same for HeatExchanger/Turbines. Still using IC variant.

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• I'm with Sapient on this one. There's not much reason to invest in huge, expensive machines if they're not going to offer a clear advantage. Progression balance is key!

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• The short term solution is to not restart the server. I keep mine up for weeks at a time without issue and when it goes down it's because I'm making changes/fixes to the pack. Forgeessentials backup plugin has been working flawlessly the whole time.

Also in case anyone is interested in D+T numbers:
    https://docs.google.com/spread…NdF3xhWk/edit?usp=sharing

After hours of testing I see that I fucked up in a pretty big way here. I was calculating requirements based on the input of recipes rather than the output. As a result I calculated needing 110 machines rather than 258. My 64x electrolyzer array (which I've built twice now) doesn't output nearly enough hydrogen. I've updated the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spread…TzccM-ig/edit?usp=sharing

• After hours of testing I see that I fucked up in a pretty big way here. I was calculating requirements based on the input of recipes rather than the output. As a result I calculated needing 110 machines rather than 258. My 64x electrolyzer array (which I've built twice now) doesn't output nearly enough hydrogen. I've updated the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spread…TzccM-ig/edit?usp=sharing

I'm working on the reactor materials, but already made those calculations. I'm not crazy enough to make it all those machines to keep the reactor going on.
    Do you have any mod to auto craft parts and machines?

• tbh yes. The AE2 system I'm using is pretty decked out at this point. If I put a 64k crafting storage unit on it and three nether stars and a Pu 241 plate in there I could request a fusion computer.

• MHO is - multiblock machines should be more efficient than single block. So wiki should be changed, not code.

PS I'm still using array of HP Coal Boilers and HP Lava Boilers (they built long before GT5U was created) and need good reason to replace them by multiblock boilers :)
    Same for HeatExchanger/Turbines. Still using IC variant.

Wait till I finish implementing pollution, that'll learn ya to upgrade quick :p

That said...

I'm with Sapient on this one. There's not much reason to invest in huge, expensive machines if they're not going to offer a clear advantage. Progression balance is key!

This is my opinion in a nutshell, but I still want to hear what Blood Asp has to say.

Also I'd really appreciate it if someone can independently confirm my numbers.

• Wait till I finish implementing pollution, that'll learn ya to upgrade quick :p

That said...

How will polution work? Limiting the amount of boilers you can have per chunk? Or just adding up over time, until you remove it with some kind of filters or plants?

• Isn't AE2 must have with GT?

Is that so?
    I was looking into, seems I would to need another tech tree, and I would need to search chunk generated meteorites. As I already explored A LOT, would be a pain to add it now.
    Maybe I do this weekend, seems fun though.

How will polution work? Limiting the amount of boilers you can have per chunk? Or just adding up over time, until you remove it with some kind of filters or plants?

So, after you produced a lot of pollution, some fiscals will spawn, and will charge you with a fine? Then you can pay it, try to bribe the guy - or kill them, and after that, cops would be coming, and from this point, it becomes a tower defense game?

Seems too complicated, I hope the fines will be just a few diamonds or emeralds...

• How will polution work? Limiting the amount of boilers you can have per chunk? Or just adding up over time, until you remove it with some kind of filters or plants?

No hard limits. I believe in soft controls in game design rather than strict ones.

Short verison:

• Machines will produce varying amounts of pollution per cycle into the chunk and dimension. Stuff like Lava Boilers will be big offenders.
    • The air will cleanse itself of Y pollution per cycle. This way you can always produce SOME pollution and it has zero impact.
    • Chunks will dissipate Z pollution per cycle into adjacent chunks.
    • Machines (possibly any GT machine in your base) will regularly check the pollution level and if its too high, have a chance to "miss" a tick production wise. So energy will be spent, but nothing will happen during that tick.
    • Higher tier machines will generally produce far less pollution than lower tech machines!!

After that I'll entertain all the usual requests about dying crops and acid rain and health impacts, etc etc. Tech balance first though.

• After that I'll entertain all the usual requests about dying crops and acid rain and health impacts, etc etc. Tech balance first though.

Don't forget featherless chickens and two headed cows.

• Is that so?
    I was looking into, seems I would to need another tech tree, and I would need to search chunk generated meteorites. As I already explored A LOT, would be a pain to add it now.
    Maybe I do this weekend, seems fun though.

Technically, when both AE2 and GT are installed, there are processing recipes for the inscriber presses without having to generate meteorites. They each take 1920 EU/t for 100 seconds, though.

• Technically, when both AE2 and GT are installed, there are processing recipes for the inscriber presses without having to generate meteorites. They each take 1920 EU/t for 100 seconds, though.

Oh, nice Cloud, thanks!
    I can afford that already :D

• Official Post

It doesnt make that much sense on how air pollution affects all machines though.

It should affect only things that burn (reduces air oxygen quality), like boilers.

Rain would corrode blocks away if the pollution is too high (slowly, all the way down to bedrock) , requiring a special acid-proof block to protect yourself.

• *carefully jots down ideas*
    *carefully moves ideas file to dev/null*

Noooooo, my beautiful ideas!!! ;(

I agree with Spwnx (seriously, no vowels?), It should affect heavily turbines thought, functioning of the small, and damage from use of the large ones.
    It will affect water sources? It could impact boilers that way, too...

• Official Post

Affect water? Greatly increase cost to distill water, since the water is polluted.

Machines that use water to produce steam would produce less steam and might even jam sometimes due residue.

About my nickname: Yep, no vowels. It used to be Spawn, shortened to Spwn, then added an X to avoid the problem of "username already taken".

• Affect water? Greatly increase cost to distill water, since the water is polluted.

Machines that use water to produce steam would produce less steam and might even jam sometimes due residue.

About my nickname: Yep, no vowels. It used to be Spawn, shortened to Spwn, then added an X to avoid the problem of "username already taken".

I was going to say that, as the water is polluted, the boilers would spit boiling angry three-eyed fishes on your face, when you approach them. But your idea is good too.

(Ah, Vowels, that was the word... Fixed!)