[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Hello guys, i have this EBF setup.

6 steam turbines. Every 2 steam turbines are connected to pump.
    Every 2 steam turbines are connected with 2x tin wire to hatch.
    6 turbines x 24k steam each = 144k steam.

When i start 120k eu operation, the closest 2 steam turbine are outputting energy very slowly. As result in some seconds operation stops. When i take a look, the closest 2 steam turbines have 22k of 24k left. Other 4 steam turbines have 0k of 24k left. So ofc it is not enough for 120k operation.
    Who can tell me the reason why 2 closest steam turbine are not outputting steam at the same speed? All 3 x2 steam turbines combination in my setup are 100% equal. So they should be outputting steam also 100% equal. Please, i'm not looking for another setup(with batteries etc), i just want to figure out why my setup is not working.

• I had a similar experience using batteries in 2 batt buffs back in the beginning of my GT5 series. one hatch or two hatches pull the mass of the power rather than it being spread evenly across all 3. I end up just using one large batt buff the next time I set it up and just used 8x cables to connect them.

• when I looked at .17 there was no recipes for the armor then I got a similar crash to the one on the server and reverted immediately.

• I have a vague memory that someone else asked about this before, but I can't find it now: why won't the IC2 electric kinetic generator (which does EU -> kU) connect to GregTech cables to draw power from them? I was originally planning to use a machine controller and a shutter module to make sure it couldn't draw power when I wasn't processing anything in the turning table, but even with no covers on the cable at all, the electric kinetic generator clearly isn't connected to the cable (4x annealed copper, in case it matters)

• I had a similar experience using batteries in 2 batt buffs back in the beginning of my GT5 series. one hatch or two hatches pull the mass of the power rather than it being spread evenly across all 3. I end up just using one large batt buff the next time I set it up and just used 8x cables to connect them.

This is an awful bug. Such behaviour has no logic. How even gt was released with such flows? And who even made the code to make it work such way...? As a programmer i blame him.

• This is an awful bug. Such behaviour has no logic. How even gt was released with such flows? And who even made the code to make it work such way...? As a programmer i blame him.

It's not a bug, it's just how the system was designed. The GT electric system works by pulling energy from the nearest energy source that hasn't reached its amperage limit for that tick in a deterministic manner. As such, if you have multiple battery buffers, it'll pull from the closest one first, only pulling from farther ones when more amperage is requested than the first buffer can provide, or if the first buffer runs out of energy.

• But if you read my message, i have 3 standalone systems. 3 x (2 steam turbine + hatch). Each hatch has 2 Amperage. So all 3 systems should be working independently consuming steam Evenly. But it doesn't.

• But if you read my message, i have 3 standalone systems. 3 x (2 steam turbine + hatch). Each hatch has 2 Amperage. So all 3 systems should be working independently consuming steam Evenly. But it doesn't.

Your discription os not really easy to read. "steam turbine are not outputting steam at the same speed?" What?

For me this looks like the turbines simply do not get enough steam... Also, do not blame a programmer before it is not sure what exactly is broken. Maybe it is just your setup not trought trough.

• Official Post

I have a vague memory that someone else asked about this before, but I can't find it now: why won't the IC2 electric kinetic generator (which does EU -> kU) connect to GregTech cables to draw power from them? I was originally planning to use a machine controller and a shutter module to make sure it couldn't draw power when I wasn't processing anything in the turning table, but even with no covers on the cable at all, the electric kinetic generator clearly isn't connected to the cable (4x annealed copper, in case it matters)

The Electric Kinetic Generator doesn't actually implement IEnergySink, and instead does some other magic to add itself to the E-net, so I guess the GT cables suffer from this the same way Immersive Engineering cables do from this and don't register it as an EU thing.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• The Electric Kinetic Generator doesn't actually implement IEnergySink, and instead does some other magic to add itself to the E-net, so I guess the GT cables suffer from this the same way Immersive Engineering cables do from this and don't register it as an EU thing.

That seems like a bug then. GT changes the recipe for the diamond drill so it no longer requires usage of the turning table, but the mining laser still requires a handle, and GT 5.09 disables IC2 cables by default. Not sure why GT still leaves the default mining laser recipe, but I think I'll make a Minetweaker script based on the GregTech recipe listed at http://ftbwiki.org/Mining_Laser (only with a ruby lens instead of a ruby gem, and allowing a 360k NaK Coolant Cell as an alternative to the helium coolant shown)

• Your discription os not really easy to read. "steam turbine are not outputting steam at the same speed?" What?

For me this looks like the turbines simply do not get enough steam... Also, do not blame a programmer before it is not sure what exactly is broken. Maybe it is just your setup not trought trough.

1)Steam Turbine outputs EU, right. Quite easy to understand what i meant if read in context.

2) Steam turbines do not get enough steam? I said "When operation stops -> 2 turbines have 22k steam still stored." You can also see my setup on the image i gave in previous posts. When operation stops all my 6 turbines should be having equal amount of steam (or none). But in fact 4 have none and 2 have 22k.

If the 3 energy hatches are in a single EBF, they're not standalone systems or independent. The meta-tile-entity for multiblocks draws from the energy hatches sequentially, not evenly distributed: https://github.com/Blood-Asp/G…iBlockBase.java#L506-L513

• -And therefore, the first two hatches drain the full energy output of the first two turbine pairs, while the third hatch only drains a fraction of the output of its two turbines. The resulting energy flow should still be high enough to power the Furnace, and if it isn't, check your steam pipes and consider using larger pipes and/or Shutter covers

Edit: The total steam consumed should be roughly 450L/t.

• So this was useless to make 3 hatches with 6 steam turbines. I will always be limited by the first hatch. If the first 2 Steam Turbines are empty, the 4 left will give only 128 eu/t which will be not enough. To be honest i can hardly see a situation where more than 1 hatch will be useful with such logic.
    Don't you think, that it would be more logical if 3 consiquent hatches would draw EU evenly?

Also even 6 full Steam Turbines don't look like 32 * 6 EU/T.

• Don't you think, that it would be more logical if 3 consiquent hatches would draw EU evenly?

Somewhat logical, but probably not worth the effort. As I understand it, allowing multiple hatches was primarily to prevent a tech loop, by making it technically possible to smelt aluminium with LV energy hatches. Once you've got enough aluminium ingots, you can make an MV energy hatch and a couple of MV-tier turbines. Other materials for higher tiers generally only require the next-lower tier at most, so multiple hatches aren't necessary for them.

Also, if I'm understanding you correctly, you're filling your 6 steam turbines to capacity, but not providing any steam beyond that. Why are you running your turbines without some sort of additional supply of steam?

• You can see on screenshot that every 2 turbines are supplied by Bronze pump that outputs 800l/sec from Iron tank storage. Next tier pump requires aluminium.

• You can see on screenshot that every 2 turbines are supplied by Bronze pump that outputs 800l/sec from Iron tank storage. Next tier pump requires aluminium.

That's nowhere near enough. I did some calculations, and with GT 5.09 at default turbine efficiencies you'd need at least 9600 L/sec total (or 1600 per turbine) to keep them constantly supplied with steam. GT 5.08 afaik still uses lower default efficiencies, so you'd need at least 12363 L/sec total. Steam has a very low energy density (0.425 EU/L in GT 5.09, 0.33 EU/L in GT 5.08 ).

• And that is the flaw. To supply steam, i need aliminium. To get aliminium i need steam supply...

Why would you need aluminium to get faster steam? That 800 L/sec you quoted is presumably from using small bronze fluid pipes - the LV pump cover is 640 L/sec. If you put a valve at the bottom of the iron tank you mentioned, it doesn't require a pump to get the fluid into pipes. I'm not familiar with the mechanics for how fast that can output into GregTech pipes, but a large steel fluid pipe can transfer at 9600 L/sec, so two valves like that outputting into separate runs of large steel fluid pipes could theoretically provide enough steam for your 6 turbines even at GT 5.08 efficiencies.