[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• I'm not so sure those claims are entirely accurate. UUA is GregTech-specific, and the GT Replicator behaves very differently from the IC2 Replicator.

Also the ic2.ini has a quite different blacklist for the IC2 Recycler. There is no cobblestone in the blacklist, for example.

By the way: I couldn't find a blacklist for the GT Recyclers anywhere in my GregTech config files. Is that blacklist hardcoded or should I regenerate my config files for GregTech?

• Also the ic2.ini has a quite different blacklist for the IC2 Recycler. There is no cobblestone in the blacklist, for example.

By the way: I couldn't find a blacklist for the GT Recyclers anywhere in my GregTech config files. Is that blacklist hardcoded or should I regenerate my config files for GregTech?

It's not entirely hardcoded, but it's less intuitive to find the options. They're in the "disabledrecipes" section of recipes.cfg. You can look at https://github.com/Blood-Asp/G…yclerBlacklistLoader.java to see what other items are blacklisted when those options are enabled. Those are in addition to any items blacklisted in IC2.ini.

• Hello there!
    AFAIK, GT can generate "strange" (non-realistic) ores (such as mob drop ores, clay, glowstone as ore, etc.). But these ores by default haven't any usages at all. After reading bunch of code on GitHub I understood, that GT adds ore to OreDictionary and adds processing recipes for it, only if type of it's material has specific flag:

Code
    (aOre.mMaterial.mTypes | 8) != 0

But I didn't find any way to change this value using configs.
    Is there way to enable processing of these unusual ores with config option?

P. S. // Sorry for my English, I'm from Russia.

• Is there way to enable processing of these unusual ores with config option?

Скорее всего нет. Гречка сама включает руды/пыльки/стержни/пластины/рецепты/... и т.д. если какой-то мод регистрирует соответствующий материал.
    К примеру с добавлением галактик крафта появляется возможность настроить греговскую генерацию метеоритного железа и дэша. А без него этих материалов в гречке как буд-то и не существует.

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• *Added Fluid Filter cover(shutter cover that only lets pass fluids it is set to. set by right click with fluid container).

I just tried this on a pipe connected to the output of a distillation tower, setting it to only allow Biogas (since I sometimes find water stuck in the pipe section just before the RC tank I use to buffer the biogas), but it stopped the distillation tower from outputting any biogas (it also consumed the biogas from the universal fluid cell, which was a bit surprising but not a big deal).

Edit: After looking at the source for the fluid filter cover, apparently the lack of chat message identifying the fluid to be filtered means I hadn't clicked the universal fluid cell in quite the right area (hard to aim when it doesn't give me the lines like I get when holding things like the cover, a screwdriver, a wrench, etc.). However, after setting it to water, getting the chat message, and adding water to the pipe, it does not allow the water to flow through the filter into an adjacent pipe.

• Скорее всего нет. Гречка сама включает руды/пыльки/стержни/пластины/рецепты/... и т.д. если какой-то мод регистрирует соответствующий материал.
    К примеру с добавлением галактик крафта появляется возможность настроить греговскую генерацию метеоритного железа и дэша. А без него этих материалов в гречке как буд-то и не существует.

Materials, such as Desh, already has this bit enabled (see: https://github.com/Blood-Asp/G…enums/Materials.java#L229). For such materials GT register recipes regardless of whether the mod is installed. For example, GT variants of ores from Metallurgy mod (Celenegil ore, Ignatius ore, etc.) has processing recipes even if Metallurgy isn't installed. But GregTech doesn't show these ores (in creative or NEI), while Metallurgy (in this case) isn't installed.

Materials (about which I'm asking) doesn't require any other mod. How to enable processing recipes for ones? (In other words, is there way to change materials' type bit without recompilation of mod?)

• Materials, such as Desh, already has this bit enabled (see: https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unoffic…rials.java#L229). For such materials GT register recipes regardless of whether the mod is installed. For example, GT variants of ores from Metallurgy mod (Celenegil ore, Ignatius ore, etc.) has processing recipes even if Metallurgy isn't installed. But GregTech doesn't show these ores (in creative or NEI), while Metallurgy (in this case) isn't installed.

Materials (about which I'm asking) doesn't require any other mod. How to enable processing recipes for ones? (In other words, is there way to change materials' type bit without recompilation of mod?)

AFAIK, GregTech doesn't provide a config for changing the type flags (there is, however, one for hiding unused ores, and if that is false, Celenegil and Ignatius items show up in NEI even without Metallurgy installed). However, https://github.com/Blood-Asp/G…nums/Materials.java#L1260 shows that it is a public non-final field, so presumably it is possible to write an add-on to change materials' type flags.

• Well, now you just need to extend it with a auto crafting table that crafts something not blacklisted and you have the same automation again...
    Not really a solution to that issue.

All pure Cobblestone (and Sand, and Gravel) derivatives are also blacklisted. No good.

Pretty sure there's some NEI addon that lets you see the Recycler Blacklist (via the developer lists display; hit L while in inventory)

• All pure Cobblestone (and Sand, and Gravel) derivatives are also blacklisted. No good.

As far as I can tell, sand isn't added by that GT_RecyclerBlacklistLoader class, but I tracked down why it's blacklisted - in the Materials enum, it's given a subtag of "NO_RECYCLING", and so are snow, ice, water, stone and glass. Thus regardless of the config options in disablerecipes, anything GT recognizes as being made of those materials will be blacklisted for the recycler. I think items that are less than 1 ingot worth of material (such as nuggets and small and tiny dusts) are also blacklisted, which would make it a bit overwhelming to look through the entire blacklist.

• As far as I can tell, sand isn't added by that GT_RecyclerBlacklistLoader class, but I tracked down why it's blacklisted - in the Materials enum, it's given a subtag of "NO_RECYCLING", and so are snow, ice, water, stone and glass. Thus regardless of the config options in disablerecipes, anything GT recognizes as being made of those materials will be blacklisted for the recycler. I think items that are less than 1 ingot worth of material (such as nuggets and small and tiny dusts) are also blacklisted, which would make it a bit overwhelming to look through the entire blacklist.

Well, as I mentioned it before, that does not make much sense to me. Shouldn't the recyclers be a reasonable way to get rid of materials and resources I don't need?
    Then it makes no sense to blacklist most of the less useful but plenty available items/blocks that anyone has way too much of in his inventories just because of playing Minecraft normally.
    If I don't want to have a misuse of machines as easy filler for the recyclers, well, then I should not create them in a way that they can be misused easily. Lava to make obsidian and cobblestone are more then enough around there to be mined easily.
    Instead of creating a machine producing them infinitely a machine that only converts them vice versa or that at least consumes the source materials would have been way more reasonable.
    A converter machine for example should require a source block/liquid (either stone, cobblestone, lava or obsidian), energy and water to do the conversion.
    That way I reach both goals - an easy way to get obsidian (cobblestone just needs to be mined) and no misuse of my machine.

• Well, as I mentioned it before, that does not make much sense to me. Shouldn't the recyclers be a reasonable way to get rid of materials and resources I don't need?

The problem with that is that a recycler doesn't just get rid of materials. It converts non-blacklisted materials to scrap with a 1 in 8 chance, and that scrap can be used either to reduce the cost of producing UUM or to make scrapboxes, which can be turned into various things, from cheap items like sticks, wooden tools, and leather to valuable items like diamonds and processor boards (the cheap items are more likely).

Instead of creating a machine producing them infinitely a machine that only converts them vice versa or that at least consumes the source materials would have been way more reasonable.
    A converter machine for example should require a source block/liquid (either stone, cobblestone, lava or obsidian), energy and water to do the conversion.
    That way I reach both goals - an easy way to get obsidian (cobblestone just needs to be mined) and no misuse of my machine.

As far as it not consuming the source materials, the rock breaker machine does consume redstone to make obsidian, and cobblestone/plain stone generators can be made in vanilla minecraft that don't consume the source water and lava blocks (though they're probably not as fast).

• The problem with that is that a recycler doesn't just get rid of materials. It converts non-blacklisted materials to scrap with a 1 in 8 chance, and that scrap can be used either to reduce the cost of producing UUM or to make scrapboxes, which can be turned into various things, from cheap items like sticks, wooden tools, and leather to valuable items like diamonds and processor boards (the cheap items are more likely).

I'm aware of that.
    This is why I suggested to introduce a scrap weighting system/different scap sizes and material-related energy/processing time requirements before.
    Using such a system you have many ways to adjust a proper balancing especially related to UUA/UUM producing.

As far as it not consuming the source materials, the rock breaker machine does consume redstone to make obsidian, and cobblestone/plain stone generators can be made in vanilla minecraft that don't consume the source water and lava blocks (though they're probably not as fast).

Well, it is ok if cobblestone or stone itself and maybe some other too easy to obtainable materials are blacklisted because of a too simple way to directly feed the recycler with them as long as there is a way to process them into something, maybe a combination of those materials, that the recycler finally accepts.
    For example, why not require cobblestone to be macerated to sand and sand to be macerated to stone dust (or pulverized to stone dust with small chances to get tiny piles of some rare earths/precious metals) and only accepting stone dust as resource item/block for the recyclers?
    In that case you need a high amount of energy to use cobblestone as origin material for the recyclers. Sounds that fair enough?

• Some time ago, you were able to put cobblestone in the hammer machine to get gravel and put that in the recycler. Dunno if you still can do that.

• Some time ago, you were able to put cobblestone in the hammer machine to get gravel and put that in the recycler. Dunno if you still can do that.

Cobblestone can still be hammered for gravel. Being able to put it in the recycler would depend on that "easystonerecycling" option I think - it probably wouldn't be recognized as "stone" material that gets blacklisted regardless.

Well, it is ok if cobblestone or stone itself and maybe some other too easy to obtainable materials are blacklisted because of a too simple way to directly feed the recycler with them as long as there is a way to process them into something, maybe a combination of those materials, that the recycler finally accepts.
    For example, why not require cobblestone to be macerated to sand and sand to be macerated to stone dust (or pulverized to stone dust with small chances to get tiny piles of some rare earths/precious metals) and only accepting stone dust as resource item/block for the recyclers?
    In that case you need a high amount of energy to use cobblestone as origin material for the recyclers. Sounds that fair enough?

I'm still confused here. Could you please clarify whether you're 1. questioning the logic of GregTech's blacklist additions, 2. trying to use the recycler simply to get rid of your excess items, or 3. trying to circumvent GregTech's blacklist additions? (btw you don't get stone dust from macerating sand, you get it from macerating/pulverizing plain stone, blocks made from plain stone rather than cobblestone, or cobblestone slabs)

• A few things about recycling and scrap.
    1. Disable scrapboxes.
    2. Use Forge Microblocks to cut cobble to smallest parts.
    3. Feed recyclers by them.

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• I'm still confused here. Could you please clarify whether you're 1. questioning the logic of GregTech's blacklist additions, 2. trying to use the recycler simply to get rid of your excess items, or 3. trying to circumvent GregTech's blacklist additions? (btw you don't get stone dust from macerating sand, you get it from macerating/pulverizing plain stone, blocks made from plain stone rather than cobblestone, or cobblestone slabs)

Well, I think, somewhat of all three.
    But I would mostly like to see a little extension to the GregTech blacklist addition logic that tries to reach both goals - preventing a too cheap misuse of cobblestone and other too easy to obtainable stuff as input for the recycler but also on the other hand still a more expensive way like some kind of required pre-processing to get rid of those origin materials if I'm willing to pay the prize.
    What I told about stone dust there just should be understood as an example of what I mean - some kind of required pre-processing to increase the prize of too cheap origin materials as "feed" for the recyclers.
    Because if there is such a way, then I don't have to circumvent GregTech's blacklist logic.

• Well, I think, somewhat of all three.
    But I would mostly like to see a little extension to the GregTech blacklist addition logic that tries to reach both goals - preventing a too cheap misuse of cobblestone and other too easy to obtainable stuff as input for the recycler but also on the other hand still a more expensive way like some kind of required pre-processing to get rid of those origin materials if I'm willing to pay the prize.
    What I told about stone dust there just should be understood as an example of what I mean - some kind of required pre-processing to increase the prize of too cheap origin materials as "feed" for the recyclers.
    Because if there is such a way, then I don't have to circumvent GregTech's blacklist logic.

You might be interested in IC2.ini's recycler whitelist option then, which allows you to specify certain items as the only items to produce scrap in the recycler, and the blacklist is ignored when the whitelist is used. I had a weird idea a while back to whitelist gregtech:gt.metaitem.03@* (crates of any 16 dusts, gems, ingots, or plates of the same type), though I never really made use of it.

• Just a question about the mass fabricator:
    There is a slot for an Integrated Circuit. But there is no recipe list. Does anyone know if that IC slot is required for something and how the IC needs to be configured to work properly?

MauveCloud:
    Unfortunately the whitelist then only allows the items/blocks within the whitelist to be processed by the recyclers as I understand it at the moment. And that is not what I want.
    If that list would have been like "the items/blocks on this list always and the other items/blocks if they are not backlisted" then I would have been using it already.

• Getting frustrated. Trying to test a few things out, so yes, i gave myself the items and didn't actually craft them before making my actual play through game. Just trying to brainstorm approach since it's been so long since i've played and to get ideas for what method i want to go with. So, gave myself all of the machines for ore processing (so i can figure the chain i want to use when i get there). macerator, chemical bath, ore washing, centrifuge, electrolyzer ect... got all 3 versions of solar panels (Thermal Ex, IC2 and the GT ones i assume since i've never seen them before). I've put Solar panels on each side of the machines (yes, using electric versions and advanced version of GT... btw... there's a few GT Advanced machines that do not have the 4th and 5th tier machines listed in NEI... so, no clue how to even craft them...) Anyways. Put machine down, put solar panel on each side, the GT ones seem to actually attach to the machine itself and not the ground next to it. right click machine and open "crafting table" of specific machine... Put ore / item in and... nothing... hook too many / big of a solar panel and machine blows up (it's getting power)... The ore i have is from before i installed GT... So, i even went as far as to look up ore blocks and give myself new ore blocks... still... nothing... they just sit there... what am i doing wrong? or is there something going on unexplainable?