[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• there's a few GT Advanced machines that do not have the 4th and 5th tier machines listed in NEI...

Some of the 4th and 5th tier machines are named differently. If you search using the tooltip of the lower tier machines, you can find them. For example, the basic macerator has a tooltip of "Schreddering your Ores", so if you search for "Schreddering", you can find the 4th tier is called the Universal Pulverizer and the 5th tier is called the Blend-O-Matic 9001.

hook too many / big of a solar panel and machine blows up (it's getting power)...

There are other things that can cause a machine to blow up, such as rain and lightning (and as I found out the hard way some months ago, setting up your machines in desert or savanna doesn't automatically mean they'll be safe). I suggest you look through http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5/Electricity and you can use a debug scanner (or portable scanner if you prefer) on a machine to check if it really has power.

So, i even went as far as to look up ore blocks and give myself new ore blocks... still... nothing... they just sit there... what am i doing wrong? or is there something going on unexplainable?

Perhaps if you were more specific as which ore blocks you're putting in which machines, we could help.

• Update coming momentarily as i double back on all i tried with item numbers ect. (which may or may not be different with this being a custom mod pack i made myself). If i need to, can include mods used as well. Another factor that may play a role, is that i DID install GT6 before GT5 Unofficial. Thinking it was the latest version. however, i haven't played since 1.4.2 and GT 6 is... Not the same... not even close, so i swapped to this to be more of an experience i remember.

World i'm on does not have rain ect. Using Mystcraft and made my own world (stable) with no weather to specifically counter that problem.

• World i'm on does not have rain ect. Using Mystcraft and made my own world (stable) with no weather to specifically counter that problem.

I don't know if that's reliable. What Mystcraft does to prevent weather might not correspond with how GregTech checks for weather conditions. I know putting a roof (which can be glass) above machines works, though (at least for normal Minecraft weather - I haven't tried it with the localized weather and stormfronts mod).

• Mods -
    (in 1.7.10 folder)
    baubles 1.0.1.10
    CodeChickenLIB 1.1.3.138
    forge 10.13.4.1541
    ForgeMultiPart 1.2.0.347

IC2 (latest)
    MoCreatures (has a gregtech folder in it?)
    Railcraft

(Stand alone mods)
    Iron Chests
    Enchanting Plus
    Forbidden magic
    Advanced machines
    advanced solar panels (Thermal expansion)
    backpacks
    bdlib
    big reactors
    BiomesOPlenty
    Buildcraft (all expansions)
    cfm
    ChickenChunks
    ChickenCore
    CoFHCore
    Connected glass
    Critter Pet
    Custom Mob Spawner
    darkcore
    dimensional anchor
    DragonAPI
    DragonMounts
    EJML core
    Forestry
    GalaticraftCore
    GalaticraftPlanets
    gendustry
    Gregtech 5.08.33
    Grim3212 Core
    GTS Universal
    immibis
    Industrialcraft
    inventory tweaks
    IVsEVs
    logisticpipes
    magicbees
    mcpatcher
    micdoodle core
    ModularPowerSuits
    MoreCommands
    mystcraft
    neiaddons
    neiintergration
    netherores
    NEI
    Numina
    OpenEye
    Optifine
    Origin
    Pixelmon 3.5.1
    pixelmon extras 1.0.5
    railcraft
    reactorcraft
    reis minimap
    rfwindmill
    rotarycraft
    safeplace
    solarflux
    stabilizer
    thaumcraft
    The Marvel Universe
    Thermal Dynamics
    Thermal Expansion
    Thermal Foundation
    Trainer Commands
    Translocator
    Treasure Chest mod
    Twilight Forest
    Wondertrade
    WR CBE

So far, have tried to put Iron and Gold ore blocks in Universal Macerator and regular macerator as well as rotary macerator.
    since iron and gold ore was gained before adding GT... i even went into NEI and found the gold / iron ore blocks that specifically have 2 parts to identifier so i know they correlate to GT mod and used those as well. Neither works
    tried the same in advanced electric furnace
    crushed iron in Ore Washing Bath (water supplied to the back via pipe system)
    redstone in advanced thermal centrifuge...

these are a few of the tests to check and see if machines were working at all after first couple tests...

oh, and all machines are hooked up with power supply all at once... only the individual one i connected a bad power supply to was the one that blew up... so, weather is definitely out of the question

Power supplies used -
    Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panel
    Solar Panel VI
    Array Solar Panel
    Solar Panel (EV)

• new update, have now tried to add Greg Extras as well as Galatic Greg and the error i get is that Greg API can not be found... i have tried the 5.08.33 as well as the latest 5.09.21. GT Universal mod has been added to mods folder as well as Galatic Greg and the updated GT file. If this could be an issue? and if so, how to fix it?

even cut all mds out of folder, reinstalled MC and kept saves. Reinstalled and updated mods fresh... some mods are working in ways they never did before (no idea which ones as a lot of these are new to me... but i now have wisps and some robed figured bad guys attacking me that are NOT fun to deal with without weapons / armor... in fact, i wouldn't mind knowing what THAT is to disable it asap)

• wisps and some robed figured bad guys attacking me

That is Thaumcraft, and those mobs only spawn near obsidian pillars at night.

Greg Extras as well as Galatic Greg

You might want to find the GT5 versions, the GT6 versions would be incompatible, and I believe Greg Extras functionality is implemented in GT5U.

And it would probably be better to filter power through a batbox/CESU/MFE/Battery buffer.

• If your just doing creative testing grab a battery buffer the tier your using so LV for LV machines, and lithium batteries to put into it. then just hook them up and see if the power drains from the batteries. Aso the back of GT5 machines are outputs unless you use a wrench to move it or a screwdriver to tell it to allow input. I have a YT series on GT5 that may help you get starter.

All GT5 machines run on a tier system so you cant just hook a ultimate solar panel up to say a LV machine, that would blow it up if it connected. Ultimate solar panels along with any other regular IC2 addon or IC2 generators can't connect straight to GT power grids. you need to connect a IC2 transformer to GT transformer to change from single amp IC2 to GT multiple amp system.

GT5 also doesn't start at electrical power, it starts at a bronze/steam age that needs to be worked trough before you can make and use electricity.

• Ok, odd, the wisps are showing up at daytime since i rebooted all the mods, and there's no obsidian pillars nearby that i can see unless it's underground. Will have to see what's going no there.

I'll do the battery test and see how that works. Don't see any ultimate solar panels. The ones i have are just squares with red labels in NEI for LV, MV, HV, IV, ect. And i know about them blowing a machine up if they provide too much power, which is why i tested to see if the machine was getting power by putting too big of one on them to see if it did blow up... which it did... as expected...

Also familiar with the age progression, but looking at how i'm going to be processing ore once i get everything set up end game right now with a quarry for automated processing, so that when i need ore or to make alloys ect, all i have to do is run up open a chest that has that specific ore in it to take to final production machines. However, the machines still don't seem to be working. I stayed up all night trying to figure it out, but there's definitely an issue going on there. I think it has something to do with the fact that i installed GT6 before GT5U since

GalaticGreg and Extras aren't working either, and had to be taken out or game crashes due to no API file. I took the GT6 mod folder out of mods, and replaced with GT5U, but for some reason, something somewhere is trying to read GT6 and is causing the issue i think... no clue what or where. I'm familiar with config files and mod files, but nothing else... so it's got to be somewhere in saves or one of the other many folders i know nothing about.

• Obviously not hooking something up right... all i can figure now, i even deleted everything, installed each mod in a new folder started on a new profile in a separate location... obviously things are not as easy as they once were... guess you can't just throw a universal macerator / Furnace ect down with a 2 ultimate hybrid solar panels and have it start working? :Solar Panel: :Electric Furnace: :Solar Panel: like so. have input go in top and output in the bottom. Even tried to connect fiber cable to underside from Solar Panel and see if it needed energy input from bottom and nothing...

• Obviously not hooking something up right... all i can figure now, i even deleted everything, installed each mod in a new folder started on a new profile in a separate location... obviously things are not as easy as they once were... guess you can't just throw a universal macerator / Furnace ect down with a 2 ultimate hybrid solar panels and have it start working? :Solar Panel: :Electric Furnace: :Solar Panel: like so. have input go in top and output in the bottom. Even tried to connect fiber cable to underside from Solar Panel and see if it needed energy input from bottom and nothing...

could you post a screenshot of your problem?

Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panels are from the Advanced Solar Panels mod, so they make normal IC2 power, which most GregTech machines can't use directly. As shown in the images at the bottom of the "Electricity" wiki, you need to use an IC2 energy storage or transformer block connected to a GT transformer block, then GT cables with sufficient voltage and amperage (if you're using the GT transformer in step down mode, it will output 4 amps). Well, you can also place the GT machine to get the output directly from the GT transformer block without using GT cables in between.

On a separate topic, I think I mentioned before that I've been contributing to the BDCraft textures for GregTech, but I've come across some metaitem textures that I'm having trouble identifying what they're used for:

• Ok, so, WHICH of these Solar panels do i need to connect to my Macerator for GT to work? Also, i tried the battery method, but apparently Energy crystals don't provide high end power to battery buffer... so, what is used to power a high end battery buffer to test the bigger stuff?

Suggestion to modder working on this... Because of all the various machines that are incompatible with one mod to another that these mods are commonly used with (IE - IC2, Thermal Expansion ect) perhaps a method or caption to say "This is part of GregTech" or some such to differentiate between the various types? Will most certainly be making the suggestion to other tech modders. Very frustrating not knowing what is compatible with what.

Using a portable scanner as per a youtube video i saw to see if its getting power ect. nope, no power. Tried transformers... problem is... which is GT transformer and which is IC2 transformer and what order to convert the energy to test that way? again... they're both labled transformer, there's different varieties of each one (LV, MV, HV, UV, LPZ ect), but other than names (which if you are new to all this effectively... you don't know the names and what's associated with what...) to differentiate.

attached pic of various solar options (i want something i can set and forget. not have to go back and reload or refuel ect... thus... the attraction to solar power... difficult to get to, worth it when done)

• Ok, so, WHICH of these Solar panels do i need to connect to my Macerator for GT to work? Also, i tried the battery method, but apparently Energy crystals don't provide high end power to battery buffer... so, what is used to power a high end battery buffer to test the bigger stuff?

http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Battery_Buffer#Batteries lists which of the standard IC2 and GT batteries are which tier for GT - for the GT batteries listed in multiple tiers, small ones are LV, medium ones are MV, and large ones are HV.

Suggestion to modder working on this... Because of all the various machines that are incompatible with one mod to another that these mods are commonly used with (IE - IC2, Thermal Expansion ect) perhaps a method or caption to say "This is part of GregTech" or some such to differentiate between the various types? Will most certainly be making the suggestion to other tech modders. Very frustrating not knowing what is compatible with what.

There are very few add-ons that provide machines or generators for GT power, so it's generally safest to assume generators that are not from GregTech itself will generate IC2-style power (unless they provide other forms of power, e.g. Thermal Expansion generator will produce RF rather than EU, although I think GT5u has a config option to allow RF as input)

Using a portable scanner as per a youtube video i saw to see if its getting power ect. nope, no power. Tried transformers... problem is... which is GT transformer and which is IC2 transformer and what order to convert the energy to test that way? again... they're both labled transformer, there's different varieties of each one (LV, MV, HV, UV, LPZ ect), but other than names (which if you are new to all this effectively... you don't know the names and what's associated with what...) to differentiate.

If you have NEI, they should show what mod they're from while they're in your inventory at least, and in the list at the right. You can add the mod called WAILA ("What Am I Looking At") to see what mod blocks placed in the world are from.

attached pic of various solar options (i want something i can set and forget. not have to go back and reload or refuel ect... thus... the attraction to solar power... difficult to get to, worth it when done)

The non-3d ones near the end with the 8V, LV, etc. labels in the textures are the GregTech solar panels. I think I once tried putting a solar panel directly on top of a battery buffer and it didn't seem to work, but I've definitely gotten solar panels to work when placed on top of horizontal 4x cables feeding into a battery buffer. You might reconsider using solar panels as your main source of power once you notice that the recipe calls for two circuits for 1 EU/t output, and the recipes for each higher tier solar panel requires enough of the previous tier solar panel to match the output level, unlike steam/gas turbines and diesel generators, which just require higher-tier circuits, motors, etc. rather than multiple lower-tier generators in the recipe.

• FIGURED IT OUT!!! Ok, So, apparently, placing the solar casings on the SIDES of the machine does NOTHING AT ALL anymore... Not... A... Single... Thing... You have to place the solar panel ON TOP of the machine... which... makes automation a little odd... Now i have to find out how to get output / inputs right because trying to change that with a tools is a little more complicated or not working on all machines... but... Solar panels now working!!! Have to admit, i DO NOT like the way they work now... GT4 and it's compatibility was much better. Increase the recipes, make them harder to build and make you WORK for the effort, but allow them to placed as actual "arrays" next to the machine and not have to be placed directly on them. That's a bit over kill. so, problem 1 down... now... find out how to hell to get to TO that point without GIVING myself items and actually playing through and muddling through the rest of this pack... as well as figuring out piping structure and how to set input / outputs appropriately now that i'll clearly have a slot taken that's usually used (i typically set input to top)

• gah, now i can't get advanced pumps to work... using GT pipes (wood through tungsten) for water. solar panel... downgrading until it doesn't blow up. please, do not tell me it has to be over an actual water block base block and consumes it so that infinite water source is broken now... if so... i might just trash mod and be done with even bothering with it anymore... there's a difference between "more difficult" and straight up masochistic.

also, using wrenches, screwdrivers ect... i can't change output / input locations as described in videos. However, starting to figure this out... hopefully in another couple of days (work and all, and not enough time to devote to straight exploring this) i'll be able to experiment enough to work myself down the ages to the best possible progression. (why i started at electric age down... my mind works best going from an end goal and working back)

got it going... well enough... i think... not 100% sure... but at least starting from what i HOPE is most complicated to least complicated progression will give me a better understanding of how it all works... at least that's how it usually goes for me. Until then, i've started processing each machine at a time with each "type" of product to see what is produced. From that production, i'm backing it down to each other machine to see what is produced and moving down each machine. in this manner, i'll be able to figure what produces what and how to get the most effect from each machine in each stage so that my final product will be maximized. Then, once i start, i'll be able to configure from each machine tier to get what i need as soon as possible to build to that stage that it's all automated and i can finally take the ores i need from the chest designated to it to upgrade ASAP for what i want... at least, that's the ultimate goal

• malefactor, you may want to look up Tech Reborn, it is made to be easier, less nerf'd, and with less of a learning curve from GT4 since it is based off of GT2 - GT4.

you will also find that with GT5 you have all new ore generation with many materials you cant get though processing vanilla and standard modded ores. the new ore generation is a 1 large vein per 3x3 chunk and small ores scattered thought the area. this makes for a just drop a quarry and go way of playing almost impossible. most will either tunnel at specific levels to find veins or do a 3x3 grid type core sampling. there is a miner for GT5.09 branch but it is later tiered.

I would suggest starting at the beginning and learning toward late/end game rather than starting at the end and trying to work backwards. start a fresh world, turn off all other mods in NEI but GT and go from there. adding other mods as you see a need. think of GT5 as a modpack base rather than just a mod.

also GT solar panels will work in array configurations just using wires to place the panels on then into transformers and or bat buffs.

• Jesus christ.. I just discovered the new method of refining tungsten from sheelite...
    EV voltage, 7:1 conversion and Hydrogen?

I was soooo close to having enough TS for all my boilers ;(

Blood giveth.. and Blood taketh away :D

• gah, now i can't get advanced pumps to work... using GT pipes (wood through tungsten) for water. solar panel... downgrading until it doesn't blow up. please, do not tell me it has to be over an actual water block base block and consumes it so that infinite water source is broken now... if so... i might just trash mod and be done with even bothering with it anymore... there's a difference between "more difficult" and straight up masochistic.

I'm afraid so. Why do you think the tooltip text says "The best way of emptying Oceans"? Other pumps will work for infinite water, though (unless finite water is enforced by another mod, such as the options for CodeChickenCore), such as the IC2 pump (which pumps starting from the corner, so putting it above the middle of a 3x1 water source won't be safe), and the Buildcraft Pump (which I think can be configured whether to consume water source blocks, so it might work even with another mod trying to enforce "finite water"; also, it can be powered by a redstone engine, which doesn't require fuel or even sunlight to operate, and still provide enough water to run a large boiler, though possibly not fast enough to keep a set of electrolyzers (in processing arrays) for a fusion reactor going - I haven't calculated yet how much water that will take). There are also rain-collection systems in the Forestry and Railcraft mods, to avoid relying on water source blocks.