[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• For one thing, the output comes first, so try this instead (which I just verified works for me, though I haven't figured out how good the game-balance of the recipe is):

mods.gregtech.FusionReactor.addRecipe(<liquid:plasma.argon> * 125, <liquid:molten.beryllium> * 16, <liquid:molten.silicon> * 16, 16, 4096, 10000000);

Whoops didn't read the script properly. Thanks!

• Under the need to put titanium ore of titania?
    If there is titanium ore in the world so you need to put a block of titanium?

Your wording is slightly confusing, but yes, the titania crop requires either a titanium ore (which doesn't generate with default GregTech configs, though for all I know, there could be some other mod that generates titanium ore by default) or a block of titanium below the farmland in order to reach full growth.

However, looking at the recipes:
    384 seconds at 384 EU/t (2949120 EU total) to convert 16 titania leaves and 6 L UU-matter into 1 purified ilmenite ore in an autoclave
    4 seconds at 300 EU/t (28800 EU total) to use 9 titania leaves and some water to multiply a crushed bauxite, ilmenite, or titanium ore into 4 matching purified ores in a chemical reactor
    Most of which still require significant further processing to get titanium ingots, I'm not convinced titania is worth the effort of growing.

• Your wording is slightly confusing, but yes, the titania crop requires either a titanium ore (which doesn't generate with default GregTech configs, though for all I know, there could be some other mod that generates titanium ore by default) or a block of titanium below the farmland in order to reach full growth.

However, looking at the recipes:
    384 seconds at 384 EU/t (2949120 EU total) to convert 16 titania leaves and 6 L UU-matter into 1 purified ilmenite ore in an autoclave
    4 seconds at 300 EU/t (28800 EU total) to use 9 titania leaves and some water to multiply a crushed bauxite, ilmenite, or titanium ore into 4 matching purified ores in a chemical reactor
    Most of which still require significant further processing to get titanium ingots, I'm not convinced titania is worth the effort of growing.

Thanks!!

• Does anyone know exactly how the microwave energy transmitter work?

Not sure about losses but to make it work you need to place machine/battery buffer/transformer in your world and get its coordinates (GT tool or debug tool in creative will help you). Then place anywhere else microwave transmitter provide it with energy and nitrogen plasma enter target's coordinates. Profit.
    If you place transmitter first and then machine/battery it won't work.

• I'm confused by the math involved in the output of large turbines - the tooltips for the turbine items give the output for plasma and gas in EU/t, which might be multiplied by the efficiency of the turbine item (also the wiki indicates the optimal flow is the nominal output divided by fuel value), which indicates I should get at most 76800 EU/t using an osmium huge turbine in a large plasma turbine (equal to the output of 2.34 single-block Mark III plasma generators) and 1920 EU/t using it in a large gas turbine (equal to the output of 3.75 single-block turbo gas turbines) - I'd expect the real EU/t to be less once the optimal flow is truncated to an int. However, in https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues/505, leagris says she gets 154419 EU/t with an HSS-G large turbine item in a large plasma turbine and nickel plasma, so obviously I'm misunderstanding the math. Is there someplace that explains it better, like maybe a Google spreadsheet listing the different EU/t outputs, optimal flows, and expected lifetimes for different turbine materials, sizes, and fuels?

I don't think I got a response to this, so I'm bringing it up again (I hope that's okay).

• This was my experiment, posted on the Infitech thread. It's not perfect in the sense that I'm slightly off maybe due to output losses, but at least my calculations are consistent.

• Okay, the bit about the optimal plasma flow is good to know (so I guess I should use the formulas from the wiki page based on the optimal steam flow, rather than the EU/t shown in the tooltips for optimal plasma or gas flow), though the space efficiency is still not that impressive compared with the single-block plasma generator. I don't know what's going on with the 28000 EU/t for full-efficiency output, but one flaw I notice in your calculations - optimal flow is calculated as an integer - see https://github.com/Blood-Asp/G…geTurbine_Plasma.java#L92

• MauveCloud

Take a look at this sheet for Plasma Turbine math. https://docs.google.com/spread…GqRKR6gQ/edit?usp=sharing

Note: Optimal flow = well... optimal flow, but Max flow = filling the input hatch with fluid. I believe the math is right from looking at the Plasma Turbine code. The optimal flow is the most efficient use of turbine durability, and max flow is the least efficient but has the highest EU output.

So in some cases that Max EU out is double Optimal EU out and the material in question can be replicated, then it might make more sense to actually use Max Flow /t.

• I don't know what's going on with the 28000 EU/t for full-efficiency output, but one flaw I notice in your calculations - optimal flow is calculated as an integer

Oh YES thanks I now know how to calculate it! I'll have to change it up a bit though.

For small fluxed electrum turbine:

Key constants:
    Turbine efficiency modifier = 0.8, Turbine optimal steam flow = 16,000L/s

What I expect:
    Nominal plasma output = (16,000L/s * 40) / 20 = 32,000EU/t
    Optimal plasma flow = 32,000EU/t / 4,096EU/mB = 7.8125mB/t rounded up to 8mB/t
    Flow efficiency modifier = 7mB/t / 8mB/t = 0.875
    Full-efficiency energy output = 7mB/t * 4096 = 28,672EU/t
    Actual energy output = 28,672EU/t * 0.875 * 0.8 = ~20070EU/t

• Take a look at this sheet for Plasma Turbine math. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1…dit?usp=sharing

Thank you for that. However, I notice the highest max EU out, from Adamantium (which requires the Metallurgy mod for the ore to generate by default), is only equivalent to about 5.4 single-block mark III plasma generators, while the large turbine takes up the space of 36 blocks (not counting the pipes, regulators, etc. connected to it), and requires replacing the turbine item at least every few days if not several times a day (that spreadsheet doesn't calculate how long the turbine item will last), so I'm having trouble seeing the attraction of large turbines.

Optimal plasma flow = 32,000EU/t / 4,096EU/mB = 7.8125mB/t rounded up to 8mB/t

Why are you rounding up? Looking again at the code line I linked, I come up with a different calculation, although the same result:
    (32,000 EU/t + 4096 EU/L - 1) / 4096 EU/L ≈ 8.812, which truncates to 8 L/t.

• Thank you for that. However, I notice the highest max EU out, from Adamantium (which requires the Metallurgy mod for the ore to generate by default), is only equivalent to about 5.4 single-block mark III plasma generators, while the large turbine takes up the space of 36 blocks (not counting the pipes, regulators, etc. connected to it), and requires replacing the turbine item at least every few days if not several times a day (that spreadsheet doesn't calculate how long the turbine item will last), so I'm having trouble seeing the attraction of large turbines.

I believe it's cause the single block machines are meant to be less efficient, while the rotors have efficiency modifiers that can go to 130%. Also, building multiple single block plasma generators take quite a lot of nether stars if I remember correctly.

Why are you rounding up? Looking again at the code line I linked, I come up with a different calculation, although the same result:
    (32,000 EU/t + 4096 EU/L - 1) / 4096 EU/L ≈ 8.812, which truncates to 8 L/t.

I'm not sure about this code, but I thought I heard somewhere that when it comes to large turbines, never round down or smth.

Edit: Oh and by adding fuel value - 1 and then dividing by fuel value your optimal flow is practically just 1mB/t higher than mine regardless. So we will pretty much always get the same optimal flow integer if you round down and I round up. :)

• I believe it's cause the single block machines are meant to be less efficient, while the rotors have efficiency modifiers that can go to 130%. Also, building multiple single block plasma generators take quite a lot of nether stars if I remember correctly.

Given the obscenely high fuel values of plasmas, trying to squeeze the most fuel efficiency out of them hardly seems necessary. However, extra nether stars and osmium cost vs. replacing turbine items every so often. Tough call. I suppose it's a bit early for me to decide, at least in regards to plasma, since I haven't actually sourced osmium in my current survival world, let alone built a fusion reactor. Slight tangent: does anybody think large turbines are worthwhile for biogas? Single-block gas turbines don't require nether stars or osmium.

• Given the obscenely high fuel values of plasmas, trying to squeeze the most fuel efficiency out of them hardly seems necessary. However, extra nether stars and osmium cost vs. replacing turbine items every so often. Tough call. I suppose it's a bit early for me to decide, at least in regards to plasma, since I haven't actually sourced osmium in my current survival world, let alone built a fusion reactor. Slight tangent: does anybody think large turbines are worthwhile for biogas? Single-block gas turbines don't require nether stars or osmium.

Not once Diesel Engines are a thing ;)

• [quote='sprAngles','index.php?page=Thread&postID=200975#post200975'] Slight tangent: does anybody think large turbines are worthwhile for biogas? Single-block gas turbines don't require nether stars or osmium.

A while back i had a biogas setup running of a farm, 2 distillation towers and 3 turbines. This isnt possible anymore since at least in beyond reality the processing time for biomass in the tower was nerved. At the time i posted in this thread and layed out my math but i cant seem to find it right now.

• Not once Diesel Engines are a thing ;)

I presume you mean this:
    https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/pull/500
    Single-block Diesel Engines have been in for a while.

I'm having trouble figuring out from Muramasa's commits what the recipes for the large diesel generator will be. I suppose I could always just download and build that fork :D .
    However, I just struck platinum a little while ago :D, so I'm more inclined to continue mining it after lunch, and then work toward building a fusion reactor. After I've built the fusion reactor, I can decide whether to use a large plasma generator or multiple single-block plasma generators.

• I don't think I got a response to this, so I'm bringing it up again (I hope that's okay).

Plasma turbine calculator
    https://docs.google.com/spread…EgvO1Weg/edit?usp=sharing

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft