[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• I've noticed some things in http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5/Mining_and_Processing that seem inaccurate, and I wanted to check before editing the page:
    1. About the purpose of small ores: "GregTech Iron Ore(s) cannot be mined with a Stone pickaxe, you need Iron or Bronze to mine them."
    That's true for iron, banded iron, and yellow limonite ore, but pyrite and brown limonite ore can be mined with a stone or flint pickaxe. I'm curious: are any small ores really critical, or would it be possible to play with small ores disabled in the config?

2. "If Custom Ore Generation or Per Fabrica Ad Astra: Geologica are installed, GregTech will disable its own ore generation and use COG or PFAA generation."
    I've searched the GitHub source, and I can't confirm that GregTech can detect Custom Ore Generation by itself (without PFAA).

3. "Hammer, Forge Hammer: The simpler form of the Macerator, it smashes ores but does not double them. It's fast, but it's effectively useless after you have electric machines."
    The forge hammer is not all that useless in the electric machine stage until you have a universal macerator, sifter, autoclave, and implosion compressor - it uses EU instead of tool durability, is faster and cheaper than a macerator for converting crushed ore to impure dust (or purified ore to purified dust), and produces more gems from some gem ore blocks than furnacing them (though less than the sifter or autoclave/implosion compressor). I'm willing to ignore its use for making long rods, converting stone to cobble, and converting cobble to gravel for purposes of this wiki page, since those don't count as ore processing.

• I have a weird behavior:
    I have an industrial blast furnace which worked fine with LV (3 LV Energy Hatches).
    Now i switched to MV and it only processes one Item and stops then. If i restart it with the Mallet, it works again, just for one item. (Trying to make steel out of wrought iron and Oxygen
    What i have verified:
    ->I switched all hatches to MV
    ->Resolved all problems except the circuitry one
    ->It is completely in one chunk
    ->It receives Energy directly from a MV Energy Buffer, with 1-2 lines of cable between.
    ->The Batteries have by far enough power
    ->The muffler is not blocked.

I am out of ideas what i might be missing. I have used Gregtech on many modpacks, and since several years now, but now i am just out of ideas.

Edit:
    It is a custom Modpack, mainly built around Gregtech, Thermal Expansion, Thaumcraft and Reikas mods.

• To disable GT machine recipes, use the Recipes config file.

May I ask, how do I complete disable a certain recipe (e.g. fusion reactor)? Do I just set the value (number of ticks/amount produced/etc.) to 0?

Are there any losses of Distilled water in a Large Heat Exchanger -> Large Steam Turbine loop, or can it run as a closed system?

It should be a closed system as long as you don't choke up the heat exchanger output hatch with steam. I believe I'm correct in saying that if the output hatch is completely filled with steam, any extra steam will be voided.

• I looked at https://github.com/Blood-Asp/G…/common/GT_Pollution.java today to check if I'd have to be worried about acid rain damaging a glass roof over my machines (I don't, it's not one of the blocks affected), and I noticed some oddities:
    1. Line 145 causes an early return for Blocks.stone, so acid rain won't actually erode plain stone.
    2. Line 184 only checks for air immediately above and line of sight to the sky, so if I have a glass roof several blocks above, so presumably acid rain could still erode cobblestone or gravel even if it isn't actually landing on the blocks. Is that intentional?

• Hey, im trying to figure out what is causing U and ctrl click at item hang - at least i found that is GT: all mods loaded without it makes U and ctrl works fine. Firstly ive suspected TinkerConstruct; but after second try of half loading way of loading i have Forestry, Metallurgy, MFR and Nether ores as suspicious - for now. Any ideas what can cause that crash?

Edit: Nope, a mod installed earlier hangs everything now... Is there a way to fix that, other than "dont use U and ctrl", or i must running blindly unitl updates for all mods to something higher?

• Hey, im trying to figure out what is causing U and ctrl click at item hang - at least i found that is GT: all mods loaded without it makes U and ctrl works fine. Firstly ive suspected TinkerConstruct; but after second try of half loading way of loading i have Forestry, Metallurgy, MFR and Nether ores as suspicious - for now. Any ideas what can cause that crash?

Edit: Nope, a mod installed earlier hangs everything now... Is there a way to fix that, other than "dont use U and ctrl", or i must running blindly unitl updates for all mods to something higher?

Context please? I'm guessing you mean "U" as in looking up item usage in NEI, but I could be wrong, and I don't remember ctrl click doing anything special in that mod. (I was also going to ask whether you were using the 1.10.2 version of GregTech, but since afaik MFR and Nether Ores have not been updated past 1.7.10, that is unlikely)

• I apologise - ive checking that for 4 hours, so i wasnt thinking clearly. Yes, your thoughts are perfect - U and ctrl click is NEI feature, all for 1.7.10 and latest GT 5.9. U is simple checking usage in recipes , then ctrl click makes full stack out of single item - for blocks is max 64, buckets 16 and so on.

Moreover, one additional thing - after installing GT in console ive got this:
    "[21:35:14] [Client thread/INFO]: If your Log stops here, you were too impatient. Wait a bit more next time, before killing Minecraft with the Task Manager.
    [21:39:34] [Client thread/INFO]: Congratulations, you have been waiting long enough. Have a Cake."
    In that time CPU usage drops to 50% (yes, old one) and nothing happens in meantime. In that time GT is silently setting up everything or it is just Greg joke to check my patience?
    Afterall ingame clock sometimes acts weiredly, jumping back every few seconds in new world created, and jumping back all time for few seconds at my actual world.

• Moreover, one additional thing - after installing GT in console ive got this:
    "[21:35:14] [Client thread/INFO]: If your Log stops here, you were too impatient. Wait a bit more next time, before killing Minecraft with the Task Manager.
    [21:39:34] [Client thread/INFO]: Congratulations, you have been waiting long enough. Have a Cake."
    In that time CPU usage drops to 50% (yes, old one) and nothing happens in meantime. In that time GT is silently setting up everything or it is just Greg joke to check my patience?

If I remember correctly, during this time, Gregtech scans all the items to check and put them in ore dictionnaries, that's why it's quite long : it has to check every item to categorize it.

• However, disabling the crafting recipe for the thermionic fabricator is still possible so that the assembler is required as a progression gate for the electron tubes.

I'm kind of surprised that GT 5U doesn't do this. I'm just getting into creating my first Multifarm, and the Assembler recipe for tubes requires Medium Voltage. Not directly, it's just that the recipe requires molten glass, which in turn requires MV, like almost all molten materials except rubber and tin. Just building a Themionic Fabricator instead was a lot easier, since I've yet to achieve MV tech. The fact I could bypass this felt like a bit of a cheat.

The less-expensive Forestry gear recipes are disabled. The Thermal Dynamics cheaper gears, which duplicate Forestry's recipes, are not, but I assume that's because GT 5U isn't really aware of Thermal Dynamics. I'm using Thermal Dynamics for fluid pipes that are better behaved than GT's.

• I'm kind of surprised that GT 5U doesn't do this. I'm just getting into creating my first Multifarm, and the Assembler recipe for tubes requires Medium Voltage. Not directly, it's just that the recipe requires molten glass, which in turn requires MV, like almost all molten materials except rubber and tin. Just building a Themionic Fabricator instead was a lot easier, since I've yet to achieve MV tech. The fact I could bypass this felt like a bit of a cheat.

The less-expensive Forestry gear recipes are disabled. The Thermal Dynamics cheaper gears, which duplicate Forestry's recipes, are not, but I assume that's because GT 5U isn't really aware of Thermal Dynamics. I'm using Thermal Dynamics for fluid pipes that are better behaved than GT's.

Molten glass requires MV? That is something I had not taken into consideration when I came up with the idea. However, looking through the recipes, I find an exception to that: quartzite dust can be fluid extracted for 72 L molten glass at 28 EU/t, though much slower than most fluid extractor recipes (600 ticks!)

I've never noticed GregTech to automatically remove the Forestry gear recipes (though I don't have Thermal Dynamics installed). The identical recipes might be why the Forestry gear recipe seems to be disabled.

• I'm kind of surprised that GT 5U doesn't do this. I'm just getting into creating my first Multifarm, and the Assembler recipe for tubes requires Medium Voltage. Not directly, it's just that the recipe requires molten glass, which in turn requires MV, like almost all molten materials except rubber and tin. Just building a Themionic Fabricator instead was a lot easier, since I've yet to achieve MV tech. The fact I could bypass this felt like a bit of a cheat.

The wiki doesn't really detail how Thermal Dynamics fluidpipes behave with each fluid. It says that the fluid transfer rate is inversely proportional to its viscosity, but how can we calculate it ? What is the rate for Steam for example ? Water and lava, hydrogen ? Does it know the viscosity of every GT Fluid ? I'm looking for a mod that has friendlier pipes than GT (sorry) but can still transfer the huge amounts of fluids required, but I can't find a suitable one.

• The wiki doesn't really detail how Thermal Dynamics fluidpipes behave with each fluid. It says that the fluid transfer rate is inversely proportional to its viscosity, but how can we calculate it ? What is the rate for Steam for example ? Water and lava, hydrogen ? Does it know the viscosity of every GT Fluid ? I'm looking for a mod that has friendlier pipes than GT (sorry) but can still transfer the huge amounts of fluids required, but I can't find a suitable one.

Try Super-Laminar Fluiduct of Thermal Dynamics - if used with Resonant servo transfers a lot of fluids instantly, ofc if its pressurized. Ive checked that only on test world with single IC2 Fluid reactor and GT large heat exchanger, but tests were positive - coolant flows quickly. Other machine was RotaryCraft solar tower - and there tests were positive too.

• The wiki doesn't really detail how Thermal Dynamics fluidpipes behave with each fluid. It says that the fluid transfer rate is inversely proportional to its viscosity, but how can we calculate it ? What is the rate for Steam for example ? Water and lava, hydrogen ? Does it know the viscosity of every GT Fluid ? I'm looking for a mod that has friendlier pipes than GT (sorry) but can still transfer the huge amounts of fluids required, but I can't find a suitable one.

I can't answer how it calculates it, though possibly you could look for source or try decompiling the mod if it isn't open source. However, as for whether it know the viscosity of every GT Fluid, the Forge Fluid Registry stores viscosity (and a few other details, like luminosity) for every fluid. NEI Integration has config options to be able to see this. However, GT gives most fluids a default viscosity based on their state - plasmas have viscosity 10 (though listed as Gaseous, presumably because the Forge Fluid Registry doesn't support "Plasma" as a state), gases have viscosity 200, and liquids have viscosity 1000 (edit: including things like glue, that one would expect to have higher viscosity). I also noticed that Chlorine is marked as liquid instead of gaseous, which I will file as a bug after looking through for other anomalous entries.

• A bit out-of-topic thing, waiting for hipothetical response for previous asks. Its strictly theoretical in area of physics - if plasma is 4th state, much more thinner than gases; then it could be compressed to liquid state? Of course its extremly temperature must raise, anyway, it can be achieved?

• Is there a way to retract the mining pipes once a oil drilling rig or advanced miner is complete?

Or when there's no oil for the drilling rig to pump? I just tried the oil drill for my first time (in previously playthroughs I used oilberries or oilsands ore instead), and I don't see a way to do that, even looking at the source for the drill (I haven't tried the advanced miner ii). It looks like one needs to use a pickaxe (or a tool that counts as one, such as a drill) to recover the mining pipes.

I might also want to retract the mining pipes if I want to move on to get a different kind of oil, or stop the advanced miner ii and move it somewhere else. I'd write up an issue for it, but I'm not sure what to suggest for signaling to the multiblock that I want to retract the mining pipes - with the IC2 miner, the Wiki says one removes the drill to tell it to start retracting the mining pipes, but the drilling rig and advancer miner ii don't have removable drill bits.

• Or when there's no oil for the drilling rig to pump? I just tried the oil drill for my first time (in previously playthroughs I used oilberries or oilsands ore instead), and I don't see a way to do that, even looking at the source for the drill (I haven't tried the advanced miner ii). It looks like one needs to use a pickaxe (or a tool that counts as one, such as a drill) to recover the mining pipes.

I might also want to retract the mining pipes if I want to move on to get a different kind of oil, or stop the advanced miner ii and move it somewhere else. I'd write up an issue for it, but I'm not sure what to suggest for signaling to the multiblock that I want to retract the mining pipes - with the IC2 miner, the Wiki says one removes the drill to tell it to start retracting the mining pipes, but the drilling rig and advancer miner ii don't have removable drill bits.

What about using the numbered circuit do do it? Have one setting for mining and then remove it or use a diffrent one to retract the pipes and have it be placed in the multi block controllers inventory.