[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Forestry bees should work normally, you just won't have the additional bees that GT 5.09 would otherwise provide.

ok its finally working. does gt bees add a bee for each gregtech ore because thats a lot of bees.

also when I load up a world, all the gregtech ores spawn, but vanilla ores are all spawning normally too, like iron and diamonds. the config is set to disable them. and thermal expansion ores spawn too. Im wondering if its because of the cofh world generation thing that combines all types of copper and tin? what do I have to do to disable this?

thanks for all the help btw.

• ok its finally working. does gt bees add a bee for each gregtech ore because thats a lot of bees.

Not for every ore, just for about 33 important materials: https://github.com/Blood-Asp/G…isc/GT_BeeDefinition.java
    iirc, Extra Bees from Binnie's Mods already adds some bees you can breed to produce common metals like iron, copper and tin, but possibly not metals that are mostly GregTech-specific, like tungsten or naquadah.

also when I load up a world, all the gregtech ores spawn, but vanilla ores are all spawning normally too, like iron and diamonds. the config is set to disable them. and thermal expansion ores spawn too. Im wondering if its because of the cofh world generation thing that combines all types of copper and tin? what do I have to do to disable this?

CoFH world generation could probably do that, but I'm not familiar with it. Maybe somebody else here can help you with its configuration.

• Something I've been curious about for a while is thaumcraft gregtech oregen. Of all the mods I play with thaumcraft is the only ine that isn't handled in entirety (I think) by gregtech. Amber ore gets generated but the elemental shards don't. Those are the only non GT oregen I leave in. I saw that there's an ore in the config for it but I don't think I got it to work. Has anyone gotten this to work?

• Crash report. It appears that the Monster Repeller caused a crash, given that the proximate stack mentions denyMobSpawn(). This is with .28pre.

• Something I've been curious about for a while is thaumcraft gregtech oregen. Of all the mods I play with thaumcraft is the only ine that isn't handled in entirety (I think) by gregtech. Amber ore gets generated but the elemental shards don't. Those are the only non GT oregen I leave in. I saw that there's an ore in the config for it but I don't think I got it to work. Has anyone gotten this to work?

I'm not really sure if Thaumcraft still works the same way, but when I knew what I was doing in it having thaumcraft shard ores in the vicinity was critical to aura node regeneration. Actually making shards work via gregtech oregen might be a bad idea altogether.

• I noticed a small problem / inconsistency with the ore generator:
    In some areas of 3x3 chunks (where veins should generate) there are not only no veins (this is how it works, I know), but there are also no other small ore blocks at all. The whole area is completely empty.
    Is this intended?
    This is with 1.7.10, only GT, RTG and Railcraft.

The "black boxes" in this picture are areas with no ore at all from sky to bedrock:
    http://i.imgur.com/DhxeXYE.jpg

• I'd like a lot more Nether Quartz, but I hate mining the Nether. Heck, I've found it difficult to do shaft exploration to find veins - so far, I've explored a large area without finding any, but a lot of chunks blocked my exploration due to hazards.

The seismic prospector isn't so much help, since I expect it will report nether quartz everywhere due to the common Small Ore nether quartz blocks. Prospector reports aren't very specific, either, since they tell you what's in the general vicinity, but not where if you're trying to hand-mine anything.

I'm thinking an Advanced Miner or two might help. At least they'll clear out those small deposits of Nether Quartz. Supplying them in the Nether seems a little problematic, though.

It'd be nice if there were some way to turn lava into energy. There's a lot of lava in the Nether, and the pump should be able to get it. However, if I understand things correctly, the only way to turn lava into energy right now is the High Pressure Lava Boiler. Which requires water, which I'd have to hand-carry to the boiler, and it's a bronze-age machine, which means it's automation unfriendly. No way to match consumption to demand, as I can with redstone control of the Large Steel Boiler. If I read the entry correctly, it can't even accept water by pipes, they have to be placed in by hand.

Overall it'd be better to just carry in Nitro Diesel cells, or even run the fuel in via minecart, as I'm doing with my oil drilling rig.

Am I reading this correctly? That there's no good way to generate energy from lava in the nether? That the main use of lava right now is centrifuging it for gold, silver, tin, and copper, which are generally available anyway?

Also, will an Advanced Miner II run into trouble if the mining head hits lava? Which it inevitably will in the Nether. I'm assuming it doesn't care. As I understand it, the pump shares the same drill-head mechanics as the oil drill and the advanced miner, and it can pump out lava.

• Crash report. It appears that the Monster Repeller caused a crash, given that the proximate stack mentions denyMobSpawn(). This is with .28pre.

Bug reports go to github. They get lost too quickly in chats or forums.

I noticed a small problem / inconsistency with the ore generator:
    In some areas of 3x3 chunks (where veins should generate) there are not only no veins (this is how it works, I know), but there are also no other small ore blocks at all. The whole area is completely empty.
    Is this intended?
    This is with 1.7.10, only GT, RTG and Railcraft.

The "black boxes" in this picture are areas with no ore at all from sky to bedrock:
    http://i.imgur.com/DhxeXYE.jpg

There are some reasons that might cause oregen to fail, but that should not happen that often.

The nether has so much visible veins, looking by flying around with a jetpack (and maybe fireres potion) should give good results.
    The seismic prospector should ignore small ores. Otherwise it would be useless for searching ores.

There are two ways to produce power from lava, Lava boiler and Large heat exchanger, but both need water so not possible nether only. Well, maybe with large turbines in a closed loop system.

The most important product from centrifuging lava is tungstate.

The advanced miner II only checks for bedrock or height 0 to stop. So everything else should get destroyed. Maybe even warded stuff or other indestructable blocks but never tested that.

• Hah, I missed that the black small pile in the lava centrifuge recipe was tungstate. It was black so I assumed it was dark ashes, and I didn't check the tooltip.

EDIT: I hadn't realized the IC2 jetpack was so cheap. That said, the primary reason I don't go running around in the large open caverns in the Nether isn't that I'm on the ground, it's Ghasts. While I have a stockpile of fire protection potions, that's no help against the explosive damage from Ghast fireballs.

• Hi Guys,

Sorry if has already been asked, I searched here, but couldn't found the answer: Is the Modular Armor working as intended?
    I tried to use, put some bronze plates, but It says "Too heavy", even after I removed the plates (GT5u 09.27 here, last build):

Btw, great job Blood, I loved this Idea!

• Is there a good go-to page for learning the basics of fission reactors in Gregtech? I've looked into the subject a couple of times and quickly gotten lost. I understand there's some mechanic involving reactor design, but I don't have any idea what the rules are. I gather it's not a regular multiblock like the Large Steam Boiler.

Not that I need a reactor right now. I got my oil cracking up and running, so I'm converting all that heavy oil I'm pumping into heavy fuel -> cracked heavy fuel -> light fuel -> cracked light fuel -> naphtha or LPG for Teflon, and as a side effect I refactored my nitro diesel refinery to siphon light fuel from that setup. Conversion's 1 heavy oil -> 2.5 heavy fuel -> 4.4 cracked heavy fuel -> 1.78 light fuel, compared to the old 1 Heavy Oil -> 1 Oil -> 1 Light Fuel setup.

Demand on my hydrogen has been pretty fierce, mainly because of the oil crackers. I'm currently running an oxygen surplus because I'm electrolyzing water to get hydrogen + oxygen. That may prove to be a problem in the future.

• One of the few bugs i still have to take care of.

• On fission: it's my understanding that this is unchanged and just IC2 nuclear power. The biggest recent change I can think of is the fluid mode that increases EU output per heat unit by (I think) 50%. It costs more and is more realistic but is worth it for a long term setup. GT adds the Large Heat Exchanger (LHE) which is a titanium multiblock that gives you a ton of steam for the heat units and is the best way to get EU out of your radioactive materials.

There's been a lot of changes over time to this so whatever you find make sure it says it's for the experimental branch if IC2 (which has been where new releases have been coming out of).

http://wiki.industrial-craft.n…php?title=Nuclear_Reactor

I assume you mean the mechanics and design methodology for placing the components in the reactor. You can try an existing design you can find on youtube ir something but imo it's best to understand all of the components and experiment in creative mode.

• Actually, GT 5.09.17 made some tweaks to the outputs of fuel rods and hot coolant, and I haven't updated my planner to account for that. I haven't really looked into those changes much myself.

• The heat production is still identical, so setups planned with old panners still work just fine.
    The changes: 2x EU/t output in EU mode. Mox heat bonus only 3x instead of 5x. And the hot coolant produced in the fluid reactor is worth 4x as much heat or 4x steam or 4x EU. Also recently i added naquadah fuel rods that have the same stats as mox fuel but work 10x as long. The ideal but slow way to turn enriched naquadah into naquadria.

• http://wiki.industrial-craft.n…php?title=Nuclear_Reactor

I assume you mean the mechanics and design methodology for placing the components in the reactor.

I do.

I read through that page, and there's more information than I've seen elsewhere, but it's obviously incomplete. There's no mention of moving the heat to any other block. It mentions "heating mode" but says nothing about what that means. It says "HEATING MODE being dependent on surrounding the reactor proper with other certain blocks" but only talks about reactor cores and reactor chambers, no mention of the names of the "certain other blocks."

Obviously the Large Heat Exchanger has to get hot coolant cells out of the reactor somehow, but that page makes clear the placement of coolant cells within the reactor's internal grid matters, so I can't see how you move hot cells out and cold cells in automatically.

EDIT: OK, I found the "Fluid Reactor" page in the same wiki. That covers the alternate reactor form, which is a proper multiblock, and I gather is primarily about generating heat for use in a Large Heat Exchanger. I haven't really studied the page fully yet.

EDIT 2: That page is using some terms in ways that don't make sense to me. It talks about using heat vents extensively, but it also says the heat vents are useless because the heat is "applied to the core reactor instead of the air" and that you can't use that heat. It also says the "core temperature can't be cooled," which implies any heat vent will eventually cause a melt-down, since all heat vents and Reactor Heat Vents "dissipate heat," but "heat dissipation" no longer means heat dissipation, it means moving heat to the core where it cannot be removed.

As written, it appears you never want to use anything but heat exchangers or advanced heat exchangers. Those don't move heat to the reactor core, they move it to the casing, where it can be used by coolant.

Also, if I read it correctly, a Fluid Reactor can only generate steam, either via IC2 Heat Exchanger / Steam Generator pairs, or a Gregtech Large Heat Exchanger. In either case you absolutely need a Large Turbine, since both steam options demand distilled water, and large turbines are the only way to generate EU while recovering the distilled water.

• Most informations you need are in this subforum: http://forum.industrial-craft.…php?page=Board&boardID=60
    This thread: How i learned to stop worrying and love the bomb - Nuclear power guide and reactor designs
    has all the example reactor setups you might need.

The normal reactor directly outputs EU but the GT power network can not directly accept it, so there must a IC2 transformer or battery connected to the reactor that can then supply a GT transformer with energy. The new fluid reactor heats up coolant that can be used in the heat exchangers to make steam. The IC2 heat exchanger combined with stirling engine can produce power without steam but is inefficient.

Edit: Recommended when playing GT. Build 1-4 thorium reactors as soon you can build them to start gathering lutetium. It needs quite some time to produce and is needed for progression in endgame. Also the thorium reactors are good for long time base power supply.

• As an intermediate step you can use IC2 liquid heat exhangers and stirling generators to get the benefits of fluid mode without having to make a large scale setup.

edit: It'd be helpful if I read posts before posting. :p