[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• I've gotten that since GT4, check your log for messages such as:

Code
    [16:38:41] [Server thread/INFO]: [gregtech.api.metatileentity.BaseMetaTileEntity:func_145845_h:560]: WARNING: Possible Lag Source at [4852, 4, -8223] in Dimension 0 with 142ms caused by an instance of class gregtech.api.metatileentity.implementations.GT_MetaTileEntity_BasicBatteryBuffer

even just a few machines add up those milliseconds real fast

• I've gotten that since GT4, check your log for messages such as:

Code
    [16:38:41] [Server thread/INFO]: [gregtech.api.metatileentity.BaseMetaTileEntity:func_145845_h:560]: WARNING: Possible Lag Source at [4852, 4, -8223] in Dimension 0 with 142ms caused by an instance of class gregtech.api.metatileentity.implementations.GT_MetaTileEntity_BasicBatteryBuffer

even just a few machines add up those milliseconds real fast

There are absolutely no messages in the error log of any kind, not even the "server can't keep up!" ones I'd expect from what *looks* like serverside lag.

EDIT: I mean, nothing other than the expected stuff - the log's not empty or anything. XD

Another Edit: So, I know it's hard to prove a negative, but I went and tore out the solar panels and the lag seems to have gone away. The wiring and batteries and such are still there, but the panel covers are sitting in a chest. It was only eight of them, too, not Endless Fields. :(

Third Edit: It's back. I'm out of ideas. As-is it's frustratingly unplayable.

• I have come across an issue that has halted my progress with the new circuits. I am unable to craft the Basic Circuit Assembler due to it needing an emitter (lv) which requires a Quartzite Crystal. I so far have been unable to locate a Quartz vein. I have over 70 locations that I have dug and found 6 sapphire, 5 restone, 2 monazite, and even 2 diamond. So far I have not found Nickel or Quartz eventhough most of my area is extreme hills so lignite, coal and bauzite is abundant. Gregtech has a history of having multiple ways to get gate keeping items. Need diamonds you can either get one with luck from small diamond ores, make a cobalt pick and mine diamond vein, or find it from chests in dungeons. My issue is there is no other way to get Quartzite. Nether only has Nether Quarts. There are no small Quartzite ore. Quartzite is also not available as dungeon loot. Unfortunately the RNG Gods have not granted me any luck in finding Quartz. So I am left making manual circuits and limited making mv machines until I can find Quartz.

My suggestion is to add small quartz ore that gives a chance for quartzite cristals, quartzite dust, certus quartz dust or certus quartz dust. When playing as single player this gets extremely grindly real fast trying to find quartz.

• I have come across an issue that has halted my progress with the new circuits. I am unable to craft the Basic Circuit Assembler due to it needing an emitter (lv) which requires a Quartzite Crystal.

you can combine quartzite dust and sodium in a chemical reactor, I believe, to make the crystals?

So woggy, I'd like you to check your logs folder for GregTech.log and upload it somewhere, so that your log can be looked at by BloodAsp

I'm testing something, but preliminary findings indicate that 5.09.29 and FastCraft (I should update that, really) don't like to play together when I attempt to go to the nether.

EDIT: It was not fastcraft causing my issues.

Code
    MMC log: https://paste.ee/p/vylIT

GT log: https://mega.nz/#!jRcSEKZC!ugQsdeiNIsdHImZtyVm5W1E2ZUZcskWXscsWSO1PsiI

as you can see, the gt log is large - 72MiB - and I had issues in my TFC+GT world with generating new chunks after updating to .29, I'm going to try reverting to the slightly older version I was using before (5.09.21, and if that still fails, keep reverting to older versions) and see how that turns out

I especially liked this one from my MMC log

[19:47:06] [Server thread/INFO]: [net.minecraft.crash.CrashReport:func_85057_a:320]: Negative index in crash report handler (32/1020)

19:33 (mapping started in DIM1) is roughly when I entered the nether, the log continued on for 20 minutes with unhelpful errors before I had to kill the game

and the GT log doesn't give any timestamps at all

that may be useful to have in the future, maybe implement it?

EDIT: At the very least, the last non-dev version of 5.08 loads the nether - I'm not wasting more time testing every version of 5.09, this is fine for now

• iamamitten : I certainly can upload my Gregtech log, but it's got nothing past the end of the Unification that gets done during init, and is only 168KB in size.

I've got Fastcraft 1.23 in this pack, and it was working just fine up until a couple days ago (and while new chunkgen is annoyingly slow, it goes away once chunks exist, and my base isn't anywhere near the border of "where things need to be thought about.") Also, I've hopped into and out of the nether several times before this all started - and am seeing the weird lag in the overworld. (I'll be honest, i haven't gone to the Nether since i started noticing the lag, on account of sometimes it takes a couple minutes to "catch up" and that's a good way to end up dead by Ghasts.)

• Well, I backdated to 5.08.xx and it's fixed MY problem, but I don't want to tell you to do that

I hadn't gotten into this world really, it was a new instance, all I'd gotten set up was a basic tcon smeltery so there was nothing machine-wise to lose

• Thanks for the reply to my quartzite issue. So far 10 more veins and still no quartzite. I was just posting a suggestion to BloodAsp to let him know that quartzite now can gate progress. I was unsure if my issue was big enough to post on Github as its not really a bug but intended gameply with the original Gregtech. Now with the emitter needed for the basic circuit assembler, quartzite has become extremely important when entering MV age. I don't think that it was intended and unfortunately the RNG Gods in my world are not generous with quartzite.

• Thanks for the reply to my quartzite issue. So far 10 more veins and still no quartzite. I was just posting a suggestion to BloodAsp to let him know that quartzite now can gate progress. I was unsure if my issue was big enough to post on Github as its not really a bug but intended gameply with the original Gregtech. Now with the emitter needed for the basic circuit assembler, quartzite has become extremely important when entering MV age. I don't think that it was intended and unfortunately the RNG Gods in my world are not generous with quartzite.

I have very similar struggle, but with graphite. It is needed for arc furnace for anneated copper. There are 2 ways of obtaining graphite. First is diamond vein (didnot find any), second is small diamond ore - you need 5 crushed ores but i had no luck, only diamond gems dropped.

• There are two recipe changes that I can't find a way to undo. Glowstone dust -> glowstone requiring a compressor and that insane TNT recipe. Is there a way to undo these two?

• Wanted to check back in and note that my issues with world lag were not directly due to Minecraft at all, but more about the fact that the hard drive I had the world saved on was having some issues with a clogged disk queue.

Everything's back to normal, now, and I'm expanding my base out to give some room for oil processing and eventually some HV machinery.

• Okay, I don't know whether this is a glitch/oversight in Gregtech or PFAA. PFAA worldgen creates four types of oil (listed in NEI as Light/Medium/Heavy/Extra Heavy Oil). They're translating to Gregtech liquids just fine (Light/Raw/Heavy/Very Heavy Oil, respectively), but the only recipes listed in NEI for dealing with Very Heavy Oil are ones to put it in and out of buckets/bottles. By comparison, the other three have a whole range of distillation and refining options (that I'm having a difficult time wrapping my head around, but that's another question entirely.)

Of course, the one PFAA oilfield I've found is of Very Heavy Oil. Is it *supposed* to be useless, or am I just missing something?

• Mkay. I guess I'll just leave it be and rely on my Oil Drilling Rig. Though... I've drilled in four oil patches and found two dry, two making Light Oil at all of 6L/cycle. At this rate it's going to take a really long time to get enough for even basic plastics production. :( Is my luck just that bad? (I'd love to go hunting with a Seismic Prospector, but the tech i need for making Data Sticks is...not really feasible yet)

• Well. Still no luck finding a Geologica vein of useful oil. I *would* like to note, though, that you can process Soul Sand in a centrifuge for 80L of Oil per block.

We're off to the races (at least, once i build up enough energy to crack all the soul sand. Fuel throughput issues have been bugging me the entire way through this world.)