Steam heat generator

• A steam heat generator would be a fairly expensive piece of equipment, it would use a large amount of steam per tick and generate a large amount of heat per tick. There are three good things about this:

1. It would allow biogas production to have a higher tier, more compact, powerful option.

2. it would make more interesting uses for IC2 steam , and by extension 5x5 reactors.

3. Best of all, if this item if allowed to accept universal steam , instead of only IC2 steam , and you work the math cleverly, this device could be integrated in a number of interesting ways with the steam producing machinery of other mods. And i suppose if you're thus enabling the super generation of biogas you may want to create a powerful generator to match that gas production, or speak to other mod makers about including bio gas in their heavy duty generators. BDew for example is a very agreeable fellow

• Let me get this straight: you want to take steam, which requires heat to generate (possibly within one block if using boilers from other mods, rather than from a separate block like IC2 does), and extract the heat back out? That's similar enough to what the LHE does that I think it would make more sense to add steam support to that block (if it doesn't already support it; it's been a while since I've used LHEs) than to make a new block to do it.

• Let me get this straight: you want to take steam, which requires heat to generate... and extract the heat back out?

Sure. We take biogas, which requires heat to generate, and put it in a semifluid generator to make more biogas. It would be particularly good because some other mods offer a variety of ways to generate steam from different fuel sources, we'd ultimately be connected biogas to a lot of things that way.

That's similar enough to what the LHE does that I think it would make more sense to add steam support to that block (if it doesn't already support it; it's been a while since I've used LHEs) than to make a new block to do it.

I almost agree with you, except that wouldn't quite work with the important (in my view) business of having a different and expensive higher strength heat source. The LHE is currently pretty versatile, and appropriately priced, for the relatively low output sources it has. However I do wonder why the LHE (last time I checked) produces such dissapointing amount of energy from lava.

• Official Post

You'd have to make sure that other mod's steam was pretty bad, otherwise suddenly your big reactor steam overflow provides you with more IC2 power than you ever need.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I think this is useless device :S

But if we can transport steam by BC pipes - it's usefull, right! :thumbup: