How does the energy system work now, if you enable it in the config?

• Does it work like the original energy net, or like everyone heard it woudl work, when IC2 exp came out? The rumor was that you could only put 32 eu/t through a wire, NOT just 32 eu pack sizes. So that meant 3 generators on a copper wire (actually back then wasnt it 10 eu for copper?) before it blew up.

Was the system disabled by default to be more like RF? Because unfortunately I think it annoyed both sides. Purists like me miss the old power system, and RF fans stay away from ic2 anyway because 'too complicated!'. (sigh)

Anyway, can anyone tell me how the system works if I enable it in the config, before I turn it on and blow up my base? :)

Also the config says 'make sure you know what you are doing'. this warning makes it sound like its unstable, and 'knowing what you are doing' is some programmer/developer level comment. Does it really mean that, or does it just mean that people should know how ic2 power works/worked before enabling, so their stuff doesnt blow up? (Basically, will enabling it corrupt my world or something?)

• Official Post

Was the system disabled by default to be more like RF? Because unfortunately I think it annoyed both sides. Purists like me miss the old power system, and RF fans stay away from ic2 anyway because 'too complicated!'. (sigh)

It was disabled the same reason the EU-Reader broke, cables didn't report how much EU was going through them very well, causing melting to happen a lot, which annoying people. It wasn't to appease RF people at all, because we'd have gone to RF if that was what was intended.

As for turning it on, it enables cable loss, but not melting or explosions.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• It was disabled the same reason the EU-Reader broke, cables didn't report how much EU was going through them very well, causing melting to happen a lot, which annoying people. It wasn't to appease RF people at all, because we'd have gone to RF if that was what was intended.

As for turning it on, it enables cable loss, but not melting or explosions.

That makes sense. Glad it wasnt to try and appears RF fans. I miss explosions :(

• After HL3 ofc ;P :P

I am personnally done waiting IC2 normal to be released and same for EE3, so for now I am using IC2 classic and Project E, and then once IC2 goes back to normal releases I will use it :D

• Official Post

Self imposing requires you to know if a design would explode or not. When placing 2 different voltage lines, if they touch all machines on the lower voltage line will explode. Self imposed explosions wouldn't have anything happen, defeating the point as you'd not TNT all your machines because of one misclick intentionally.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Self imposing requires you to know if a design would explode or not. When placing 2 different voltage lines, if they touch all machines on the lower voltage line will explode. Self imposed explosions wouldn't have anything happen, defeating the point as you'd not TNT all your machines because of one misclick intentionally.

Yeah, I just got a lesson in how easy it is to forget details of what causes machines to explode - I finished making a GT wiremill, then I found a small crater where my lava boiler and basic steam turbine had been, and realized I'd forgotten to put a roof over them to keep the rain off. X(

• Self imposing requires you to know if a design would explode or not. When placing 2 different voltage lines, if they touch all machines on the lower voltage line will explode. Self imposed explosions wouldn't have anything happen, defeating the point as you'd not TNT all your machines because of one misclick intentionally.

I am personally wireing up my place to use the right eu/t levels .. it adds some realism and logic for me :)

• As for turning it on, it enables cable loss, but not melting or explosions.

Well, insulated tin cable(32EU/t) has a low cable loss ... Does that mean connecting MFSU and all the machine with tin cable is cheap without causing explosions?