[Kirara 3.0] - A series of well-made GT hardmode servers. --- Official Random Thread.

• I know it's hard core, but disabling backpacks is a NOPE.

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• I'm disabling Forestry in favor of Backpack's. There's 2 tiers of them with configurable size. I got recipes for those tiering the small one at Steel and Large one at Al.

Also limiting number of backpacks to between 1-3. 1 for logic, 3 for fun. I'd use 2.

I've had heavy lag problems with Forestry backpack. APPARENTLY standing in a shower of blocks with a dozen of those on you can cause lag issues when they're on auto-refill. >.>

But yeah. We'll still get backpacks.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• TC doesn't really fit in the spirit of the pack... I plan to tier everything around GT and possibly Galacticraft (Which will be tiered around GT anyway.)... Which mean TC would be a lot easier than anything else in the pack, and would end up as just a cheap shortcut to automation, pipes and the likes. Fits more the other servers.

It will be on half the other servers though.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• Can't we tier TC to end-game GT? I like the magitech stuff that is possible with it.

That's kinda like what Arch and I were talking about on IRC yesterday. You can essentially nerf the beginning of TC, but until a mod comes along nerfing TC progression it still becomes too easy. I would love to code that mod, but I can't commit just yet.

• 2 things to note :
    Forestry backpacks no longer create huge lags when standing on a gazillion blocks
    Why am I labeled as a guy who can't play without TC since I took the first thing available anyway? :p
    But I didn't notice that there would be different backpacks, even though we're missing something with forestry's ones as we can make them pickup items, shift click chests to empty them and such
    . So here I put my NOPE again for disabling them.
    They're not op, they're segmented between the different blocks and items, and getting the 45 slots ones is a hassle. You could possibly change the recipes for the basic ones but they're already good enough (considering iron now takes so much work to get for example).

• I think, we need something besides GT to tinker around with. Until now that was Thaumcraft. So removing thaumcraft means for me, we need something on the same level to replace it.

Raid a dungeon, go to the twilight forest, make some logistics pipes, railcraft the world, opencomputers, modular powersuits.

Sounds like we have plenty to tinker with ;)

• Raid a dungeon, go to the twilight forest, make some logistics pipes, railcraft the world, opencomputers, modular powersuits.

Sounds like we have plenty to tinker with ;)

Raid a dungeon = raid the few first, if not the first floor of the dungeons because of how they're hard
    Go to the Twilight forest = raid an ocean floor to find a diamond, strongly unadviced with the mod adding the oxygen thingy and such, or spend 5 in game days to find a gt vein if you're unlucky (on k3 I literally dug down at my base to find some diamonds, on k4 I found one after 5 ig days)
    Logistic pipes = power needed, ressources hungry and is late game
    Rail craft = SO MUCH F* IRON NEEDED (I'll make 4 irons farms at my base this time, 1 isn't enough)
    oc = mod I don't know anything about at all and with which I'll have great fun playing with it the early game
    MPS = The MPS parts should require the gtextras higher tiers armour (I'm thinking of the modular nanosuit) in order to craft the modular armour itself (kinda like upgrading your nanosuit to qsuit) so not early game

Thankfully I love exploring, mining and farming, but some people will find the beginning to be the boredom. At the beginning we should still be able to use infinitubes and such to get something going, but I think there's an option to make them use energy.
    BTW, the rogue like dungeons come with enchanting tables. Shall we disable it's crafting recipe but let them generate anyway? Because without tc we can't enchant stuff, and there's not going to be a whole lot of things to enchant but that would still be nice (bows, armors, GC tools or even vanilla tools)

• Maybe he'll just nerf the recipe anyway?

Also, if we need earlygame piping, we can nerf BC pipes to logically fit in for earlygame. I don't like infinitubes.

• I get lazy sometimes. Today is one such day. I won't answer to everyone...

However I catched those two I must answer :

I can leave Forestry backpacks enabled as well... They're impossible to limit however. 20 backpacks on a single individual is op and laggy, imo. I will re-evaluate this Nexey. While I thik they're unnecessary, they wouldn't fuck shit up as much as... :

ThaumCraft. I must draw the line somewhere, sometimes you know ? I could give you half a dozen good arguments, but I won't. ThaumCraft WILL be in ! On Kirara 1, 2 and 4. I think that's enough. It's a GT-based server, not a TC-based one, after all.

I might change my mind. There's only one thing that might. But it won't happen.

Bring me a really solid nerf to TC you did YOURSELF.
    I am willing to pour hundreds of hours into making sure everything is balanced. TC would require one third the time all by itself. I won't do it. If you want it that badly (On ALL servers...), make it happen.

One last point... While we won't have TC to tinker with, it will still be (Except K Vintage...) the server with the most stuff to do. I just don't get that complaint of not having much to do.

EDIT : Bloody said : "We need something on the same level to replace it." I'd prefer that. I have no idea what that would be though.

• Arch sorry for the confusion if you're speaking about me
    What I wanted to say was that while some mods will only be available on late game, I didn't get out of sight that the game play itself will bring up so many things to do.
    No to tc, it's clear to me as I hate many things from it (might be because of the way azanor replied to a bug report). I love many things on the other side but by itself I don't see many uses on a gt focused server either...
    So, basically I'm not saying I'll not have much to do. Oh boy I will and I plan on maybe leaving k4 when this server is up (after making sure my stuff will be secured if I ever happen to want to play again). I have already so many things to do on a vanilla world, I just can't say there's not much to do
    About forestry, I rarely use up to 4 backpacks at a time so we need to think about what we should do now. My NOPE is still here btw :p

• arch, could you thing that "serie" in the thread title(if that's possible at all)? It bugs me every time i look at it.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• arch, could you thing that "serie" in the thread title(if that's possible at all)? It bugs me every time i look at it.

Thanks for pointing it out. ._. English is not my first language. Anything you see like that, feel free to point it out. ;P

• Now that I think about this...

I found something to do that should keep you busy a long time.

I want to spread, if people is okay with that, oregen on all GC planets. Rockets will be expensive and will require much mining. If you want to be ahead of the others, might want to start working on getting to Mars or the Asteroids, which will take a while.

As Mr. Moo said as well, raid a dungeon for loot or start automating food with LP. Bunch of stuff you can do to negate the survival aspects in the beginning. Get a better armor and start the TF progression ? Forestry multi-farms also work with Pam's veggies. Or so I've heard. You'd need around 15 multi-farms to get a bit of everything. Make a grocery shop, then. Newbies will need that. ;P (Or they better enjoy starving.) Mine a few veins on Mars and horde all the Pu from Nexey, thus creating an economy ? ;P I don't know. Since I don't use TC at all, it'll be MUCH easier for me to get busy over there. ;P

Make a town ! If your town looks good enough, we could always fill it with NPCs as well should you want that. (Pyro will show me how soon enough. ;P)

EDIT : I'll leave backpacks on Nexey. At least for now. Easy to disable them later should I want to.

• When I see complains about Thaumcraft not being in the hardcore pack (I'm not aiming at anyone, just a global statement), it feels like there's absolutely no content worth one's while in this modpack until this mod is inside.
    That's sad, really. Kirara is supposed to be about GT, not Thaumcraft.

Personally, I don't mind about the Forestry backpacks, really, especially with another mod that adds non-restricted variants.