[Kirara 3.0] - A series of well-made GT hardmode servers. --- Official Random Thread.

• When I see complains about Thaumcraft not being in the hardcore pack (I'm not aiming at anyone, just a global statement), it feels like there's absolutely no content worth one's while in this modpack until this mod is inside.
    That's sad, really. Kirara is supposed to be about GT, not Thaumcraft.

Personally, I don't mind about the Forestry backpacks, really, especially with another mod that adds non-restricted variants.

Those who are ALL for TC probably would not enjoy the pack. Or do not think of the consequences it'd have on gameplay. It's gonna be REALLY tied around GT. No AE at bronze age, no nothing. It will most likely be very survival-ish in the beginning and will grow along GT. It won't be complete for a really long time.

Also, seeing how things are evolving, K3 will be closing first. Both K1 and K2 will stay open for a while. I will then make a new poll to choose which one will go last. The other one will stay until EVERYBODY is done playing it.

We've talked about the third server a bunch now. What about K4 ? I was sorta considering making it more magic-ish than the others. Possibly including more TC addons and the likes. Good plan ? Great plan ? ;P I think this would appease the TC players out there. (Especially when they learn I'd like the server replacing K 2.0 to be TC-free as well.)

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

Edited once, last by Arch ().

• I will TRY to update K1 right now with Bloody's port. Will keep you posted on how it goes.

K2 or K3 will be done in the next 48 hours. I however got a bad feeling about K3. Wouldn't set shop there if I were you. I feel bad doing this, but I must. Sorry to everyone on K3. Should you plan to continue in K Vintage, it'll be open a while still. Go put all your stuff in AE cells if you wish. I could carry your stuff to the other server. Best I can do.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• When I see complains about Thaumcraft not being in the hardcore pack (I'm not aiming at anyone, just a global statement), it feels like there's absolutely no content worth one's while in this modpack until this mod is inside.
    That's sad, really. Kirara is supposed to be about GT, not Thaumcraft.

Personally, I don't mind about the Forestry backpacks, really, especially with another mod that adds non-restricted variants.

Personally I never intended the Kirara servers to have thaumcraft (or any magic for that matter). It was added by vote where Greg was the tie breaker.

I will TRY to update K1 right now with Bloody's port. Will keep you posted on how it goes.

K2 or K3 will be done in the next 48 hours. I however got a bad feeling about K3. Wouldn't set shop there if I were you. I feel bad doing this, but I must. Sorry to everyone on K3. Should you plan to continue in K Vintage, it'll be open a while still. Go put all your stuff in AE cells if you wish. I could carry your stuff to the other server. Best I can do.

Please be wary of the qCraft portals when transferring a lot of 64k ae cells. If you have your inventory filled, please let Arch do a .dat transfer it is way safer ...

• I will TRY to update K1 right now with Bloody's port. Will keep you posted on how it goes.

Good luck, hopefully nothing breaks.

I'm on K1 so it will likely not be important for me, but you will make a world download? Also transferring whole bases with AE2 spatial storage or MC Edit will be tried? I know AE2 breaks GT Metablocks. About MCEdit no idea. Everything else should work.

• Personally I never intended the Kirara servers to have thaumcraft (or any magic for that matter). It was added by vote where Greg was the tie breaker.

Please be wary of the qCraft portals when transferring a lot of 64k ae cells. If you have your inventory filled, please let Arch do a .dat transfer it is way safer ...

It was the plan. You warned me about qCraft and AE cells so I thought .dat would be safer. Meaning you can grab one maybe two (If I'm feeling generous...) inventories full of cells.

• Good luck, hopefully nothing breaks.

I'm on K1 so it will likely not be important for me, but you will make a world download? Also transferring whole bases with AE2 spatial storage or MC Edit will be tried? I know AE2 breaks GT Metablocks. About MCEdit no idea. Everything else should work.

MC Edit doesn't like modded MC at all. AE cells move only (mostly) vanilla stuff. If your base is mostly vanilla blocks, which I doubt, I can do it. Else, it's sort of the only way.

I think GT5u behaved fine, Bloody. I had some trouble with IHL so it's still not updated though. Left a message to Foghrye. Hopefully I can get it done before work. Else it will have to wait till tomorrow.

Also, yes. You're lucky. Seems like K1 will be there for a long time still. K2 will be for a while as well.

In case people did not get this... K3 will be the one closing unless something major happens. I will make world available for download. No idea how yet though.

• This weekend I'll store my base in a cell than. I'll first discount every gt machine since they transform into blocks named ".name" when stored so it might take me something like an hour. And I'll likely need to craft a lot of pylons but I'll also put my inventory inside the base, since I want to start from scratch and hold to this cell until I finally reach the point I can spawn the old base (I'm speaking of the vintage server, not the hard-core one). The only thing I'll need is an ender chest to store the base in until I reach that point
    Arch you can upload it to Dropbox, I'm pretty sure I gave you the modpack once thanks to this site because you didn't want to download it, all you need is an account

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• The world is bigger than the pack though. ;P A few GBs. ;S

If you're on K2 I wouldn't move yet though. Just sayin'.

EDIT : Saw you were on K3. My bad. Head for K1 with your stuff. ;P

Edited once, last by Arch ().

• Official Post

I'm for thaumcraft for magitech reasons (how cool it is to generate electrical energy from energized nodes?). I don't mind not being able to use it till the end of the GT tech, for example.

You could also possibly nerf the crystal spawns. Completely disable TC oregen and use GT oregen to rarely ever spawn those, in another planet (mars ancient tech?).
    Nodes would also rarely spawn only on mars (if possible), magic biomes can't be seen on overworld anymore.

• I'm for thaumcraft for magitech reasons (how cool it is to generate electrical energy from energized nodes?). I don't mind not being able to use it till the end of the GT tech, for example.

SpwnX, Arch is not agreed with adding TC unless you give him a balanced and fully working Minetweaker config for it.

• Official Post

Yeah, I know. But i meant at least the worldgen which does not require minetweaker configs. Now to minetweak the rest... will be something i'm not willing to do it right now. Maybe later, who knows.
    Just block the crafting recipes for now and we're good until we get proper configs.

• NOPE on TC. It's no longer supported and if we get some mod incompatibilities we're fucked.

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• Oh well... I'll certainly miss its runic armor.

I'll miss following things:
    Thaumostatic Harness - MPS jetpack (damn, it's freaking expensive; also, does it have creative-like fly?)
    Bow of Bone - MPS railgun, I guess? (damn, it's freaking expensive!)
    Pickaxe of the Core :Bronze Pickaxe: - IC2 scanner.
    Axe of the Stream :Bronze Axe: - don't know (Twilight Forest had some magnet, but it's for ores)
    Hoe of Growth :Bronze Hoe: - shitton of bonemeal
    Sword of Zephyr :Bronze Sword: - don't know; MPS Jet Boots (damn, it's....)
    Shovel of the Earthmover :Bronze Shovel: - don't know
    Runic Armour - MPS field generator armour (of course, it's freaking expensive)
    Wand Focuses - MPS weaponary
    Boots of Traveller - MPS (sort of)
    Outerlands - I hope Roguelike Dungeon is fun enough compared to TC dungeons. (we also need some bosses, not only a Uncle Greg boss)
    Mobs with effects - Special Mobs
    Efficient mob farms with sinister nodes - nothing. (otherwise, mob farms still will be possible to make)
    Infusion Altar - I doubt something can replace it.
    Golem farms - Forestry farms
    Golem item/liquid transport - pipes
    REPAIR ENCHANTMENT - NOTHING :( (I'm too used to it)
    *Feel free to fix my mistakes*

• SpwnX, I think you might be interested in K-Extended then. I was maybe thinking of adding a few TC add-on and make it slightly more magic-focused.

Instead of having 4 servers with TC, you'd have only one (Two including Vintage.), but with more TC-ish stuff to do.

Also, you can always enjoy TC on this server and play a more balanced GT experience with another one. ;P

Also, Airam, I second you on Repair enchant. Wish I could get only that.

Also, TC's dungeons are hard to beat. They're really nice. I don't think Roguelike would compare. Pretty satisfying to raid a few with a few teammates, however.

• Shovel of the Earthmover :Bronze Shovel: - don't know

Axe of the Stream :Bronze Axe: - don't know (Twilight Forest had some magnet, but it's for ores)

you can overclock the mps tools so they work a bigger area or are quicker, but less power efficient.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• you can overclock the mps tools so they work a bigger area or are quicker, but less power efficient.

I remember overclocking the leaf blower once. APPARENTLY it would count my barrels as leaves and I made a complete wall of full barrels explode in one click. So un-amazing.

• And item magnet? I was speaking about collecting items in small radius, like Axe of the Stream.

Not sure, but IIRC TF has magnets. Might be only for crafting the uncraftable uncrafting table though.

EDIT : I edited the main post with final modlist for HK3. Will add the mods for K1 and K2 once I update K1, later tonight.

Looking better ?