[Kirara 3.0] - A series of well-made GT hardmode servers. --- Official Random Thread.

• Official Post

As long as I know which Server to join when it begins (what is btw not the case) everything would be okay.

I think each of the Servers must have its own Thread rather than a combination Thread for all of them. Otherwise the Update Messages get messy. Also the Names in those Threads should be a bit more descriptive than "Kirara 3.0", like "Kirara Hardcore", "Kirara Classic" (with the old GT5 Mod Set) and "Kirara Magic" (with all the Magic Stuff).

• Well you have the modlist in the thread...

Doesn't that help with choosing ?

Should I add just a bit more description ?

Also, I'd rather not make 4 threads for a single server...

Once it calms down, and it certainly will, it should be easier to read.

Unless everyone thinks it's a good idea ?

As long as I know which Server to join when it begins (what is btw not the case) everything would be okay.

I think each of the Servers must have its own Thread rather than a combination Thread for all of them. Otherwise the Update Messages get messy. Also the Names in those Threads should be a bit more descriptive than "Kirara 3.0", like "Kirara Hardcore", "Kirara Classic" (with the old GT5 Mod Set) and "Kirara Magic" (with all the Magic Stuff).

Also, I think you'd fit either in Kirara - Basic which is more GT with fewer mods and probably none of my recipes.

Either that or Kirara - Hardcore. I guess this would depend on wether or not you like my recipes and the survival aspect.

Pack has also been available for trying since ages. (Like, a week.) And the new server is open and running fine. All others are doing wonderful as well.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• One of the best points about invultris mainpost was the colorcoding and that it included all important links.

I would also optimize the spoilers in the op a bit. Maybe i will come to the IRC once i'm home.

The server is open for everyone? I missed that Info. I only gathered trough context that it is online in the first place. A few days ago you said something about the 10th...

The infos are spread too far. Some in the op, some in updatepost that fast disappear somewere in the thread , then the spreadsheet i cant find the link to anymore and lastly some informations only shared in the IRC...

• Official Post

Also, I'd rather not make 4 threads for a single server...

Believe me, it is much easier to have 4 Threads rather than one in regards of posting Serverwise updates, especially since people would otherwise see updates regarding the other Servers they don't even join and get confused.

And Links to the Download Pages and Threads of those Mods are a must, because otherwise people will end up searching for things finding wrong Stuff and then raging because of the 5 Minute Loading time ended up in not being able to connect to the Server.

• Guys it's not happened yet but consider not putting arch in too much pressure. He's doing so much work he can't just hold on with things to keep another thing clear. I mean invultri was at his second server with so many players, he knew what to do and in which order. Maybe invultri got his organisation as a godsend, but in the case of Arch he needs to discover the proper way to do things, even slowly, and of course he doesn't fit the expectations you would have with invultri. Keep in mind he's been busy, he's been on the verge of giving up, now is the worst time than ever to bump up any critism (even constructive ones). Imo you should wait and watch, greg you should be the first to apply doing this since you're working hard on your mod and it may be overwhelming for you to get so many people suggesting things all the time (that's not a problem with you and if you feel offended sry for that). Arch will be opened to suggestions once things are working nicely, right now the servers are still unopened and you're already pointing out things which will become useful only in a near future. Like does he really care right now about people getting confused when we update a server, whereas there's still none out there?

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• arch, would you mind If I asked why you changed the ore gen vein list? it seems like you removed all the extra veins from other planets as well as changed a few other things around. is there a reason for this? and do you need my help with balancing it any more?

• In answer to moo
    *Says the guy who never built one*

I don't see any reason why I would not be allowed to make one. They're part of the game and they require a lot of work to get going.
    NOPE

• In answer to moo
    *Says the guy who never built one*

I don't see any reason why I would not be allowed to make one. They're part of the game and they require a lot of work to get going.
    NOPE

It's not in the spirit of hardcore :P

• Please explain here what the arguments you have of what is hardcore and what's not are. Otherwise you can't pretend being the guy deciding what is hardcore and what is not hardcore just by saying "It's not hardcore" :p

• Block updates, machines, energy cables, item pipes, particles, tile entities and possibly chunk loaders to keep these farms running all the time, yes crops and bees are definitely not as server friendly as a tower spawning one iron golem each 10 minutes with 20 villagers around and a bunch of doors.
    Concerning vanilla mobfarms, if they were laggy, than why would so many unlit caves not lag the hell out of the world ?
    Your argument is wrong.
    Bees and crops are definetly better, but I have more fun building an iron golem farm than staring at my crops 20 hours per day to get high stat crops (don't get me wrong, I had great fun doing this, I had more fun building the iron farm for example and even more creating the pigman farm).

• :?: How about making a pre-defined area for public spawners ? Having a few is okay in my book. If everybody gets their own, it might become a bit problematic.

It's not why I came here though.

I came here to tell people I'm a tiny bit pissed about being told I'm not doing my shit correctly... Without even trying to tell me how to improve. Just plain : "Your work is a mess."

1 - Don't compare me to invultri. I'm not him and I will manage stuff differently. Hope you remember that.

2 - I don't mind if you say I'm not doing things the way you like. But tell me how to improve. I need opinions and ideas, not plain : "Your work sucks."

3 - I'm doing shittons of work for server and I'm paying for them as well. Remember this : "I'm doing my best".

4 - I won't make 4 threads. I used to own a server that's NOT Kirara, and let me tell you, it's a fucking pain. I'm doing this by respect for the others.

That being said...

I thought of the followings :

1 - Make a website. It would hold all up to date (as well as much more...) info in a non-messy pattern. I'd keep 1 thread.

2 - Make 2 threads. One for updates and announcements YOU COULD NOT POST ON. And one with random bullshit. Which would be this one. I would separate the packs as good as I can on new thread using the first four posts. (I would start this thread in a week max from now.) Each server would get his own post with DL links to mods and stuff like that. Like stuff I got -suggested-.

3 - You own idea. Be sure to tell me. NOT 4 threads. I won't do it. At all. Really. I swear.

P.S : Thanks Nexey_ for the kind words.

EDIT :

I missed that. Thanks Bloody. That's constructive criticism. And if I did not tell clearly it's because I didn't want more people to join for basically nothing until it really starts. Which should happen earlier than the 10th. However I'd still wait that long if I were you.

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• How about [Server-Count] Threads with the updates, where nobody aside you should post and one Thread for the public with all the discoussions and complains about people stealing from each other?

wouldn't that be 4+1 threads then? aka EVEN MORE than what he said he would definitely not do?

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• Official Post

Well he would have to maintain only 1 Thread as the others are only there to not cause a confusion whenever there is a Mod Update, because that is what WILL happen if he does only 1 Thread for everything. The other 4 Threads would only contain Name, IP, ModList and posts with the most recent Updates and NOTHING he would have to worry about.

Nobody would be allowed to post there for Support, Talking or other things.