[AddOn v1.43/v1.64] Advanced Machines V3.2 Beta 2

• I can't find advanced machines v2.00, I need it to get on a server I play on. Anyone know where i can get it ?

Then they are playing with a old version of this mod. This mod is v2.1. The old version is no longer availible. If you need to get on the server, you should ask one of the players on it to send you their mod version.
    zipp updated to v2.0 in this post and to v2.1 in this post where he also added SMP. So how someone is running v2.0 on SMP should be your question ;)

• congrats, your person #32,875 to make a post without reading a thing. READ THE FLIPPING POST FIRST.
    It has been updated, albeit "unofficially" a few pages back.

Because the origianl post does not so much as mentine the existance of this fix, I see no reason for people to so much as think it might even exist. Heck, I had no idea, and kept telling my friends on my server that we will be able to remove the array of 24 macerators as soon as this mod updated, woefully ignerent of the fact that someone had already done so, but that fact was hidden a few pages back.

Luckily, I now know the truth, thanks to your post.

Thank you.

• I got a problem:

If I try to install it, it says:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 199 is already occupied by BlockAdvMachine@166ff9c when adding buildcraft.transport.BlockGenericPipe@1179c1c

'm using buildcraft v 2.2.1, and as I can think of with my little knowlede, the block-ID is already occupied by a buildcraft pipe (?)

Can anybody help me, please ?

• Your thought is correct. Go to the Buildcraft config folder, go to the config file, Open the config file (notepad, wordpad, any text editor works), and find (search is preferable) the pipe with the Id 199. Change that to a new value between 0 and 255 (note that it has to be unused, so some trial and error is required, pretty sure also that base minecraft uses all of them below 100)

• Hey there, cool mod but the only problem is that it doesn't work. I drag the zip into the mods folder and it doesn't work. Please help ! I have the following mods installed:IC2 (v1.23),Buildcraft,Equivalent Exchange,Wireless Redstone,RedPower, and an add-on for Buildcraft.When I try to run the game with your mod, the game just crashes. :Nuke TNT: Also is there an updated version of this for Industrial Craft 1.23 ?

• Hey there, cool mod but the only problem is that it doesn't work. I drag the zip into the mods folder and it doesn't work. Please help ! I have the following mods installed:IC2 (v1.23),Buildcraft,Equivalent Exchange,Wireless Redstone,RedPower, and an add-on for Buildcraft.When I try to run the game with your mod, the game just crashes. :Nuke TNT: Also is there an updated version of this for Industrial Craft 1.23 ?

If you read the OP, as well as the thread title, you would, via common sense, assume it is not yet updated for 1.23. This means that installing it to 1.23 would not work. However, if you are silly enough to ask for an update, which was already done officially, You would quickly be flamed about how a few pages back someone made an unofficial update for it, which happens to work perfectly, and that noone should be expected to know about unless it is stated either on the OP or the latest page.
    So yea, Go back a few pages, there is a workable version there.

• OK. I managed to get client and (non-bukkit) server updated.

Attached.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the fix - I saw Direwolf's video and decided I have to get these machines! However, I need some more clarification before I go ahead and do this.

Do I copy your fix into the jar for the original mod? Or do I just drop the "fix" into the mods folder? Or does your fix replace the original mod entirely? Given the way things get booched if something's installed improperly, it's far easier to have the instruction beforehand. Thanks.

• Thanks for the fix - I saw Direwolf's video and decided I have to get these machines! However, I need some more clarification before I go ahead and do this.

Do I copy your fix into the jar for the original mod? Or do I just drop the "fix" into the mods folder? Or does your fix replace the original mod entirely? Given the way things get booched if something's installed improperly, it's far easier to have the instruction beforehand. Thanks.

This fix is just like the one in the OP. Download only the fix, and place it in your mods folder.

• Super! Thanks for the advice - looking at the contents, that seemed to be what to do, but I wanted to be sure.

These machines are great, and worth the expense! The only thing I noticed is that applying a redstone current to one of them will also apply that current to adjacent blocks - a bonus if you want to warm up a few machines with one switch, but a drawback if you like to manage power more carefully. In the end, I spaced them between non-redstone machines like the Recycler and Canner.

• The only thing I noticed is that applying a redstone current to one of them will also apply that current to adjacent blocks - a bonus if you want to warm up a few machines with one switch, but a drawback if you like to manage power more carefully. In the end, I spaced them between non-redstone machines like the Recycler and Canner.

Yeah that's something that patcher added, they indirectly receive redstone power from an adjacent block that is directly receiving redstone power, advanced machine blocks or otherwise.

• Yeah that's something that patcher added, they indirectly receive redstone power from an adjacent block that is directly receiving redstone power, advanced machine blocks or otherwise.

I personally do not like this, as it makes it harder to manage their power early on, when you cannot support them that well.

• Personally, I don't touch any of the advanced machines until I can support them idling all the time. I realize this is more troublesome if you are trying to setup deep mining base where solar and wind power aren't feasible.
    Unless you have Buildcraft tubes taking up your space or something, you just have to put a block next to them and power that, say on top, in order to control them individually. If you aren't using Red Power 2, you could use arsenic87's hotfix, which neither has the indirect redstone thing, nor has forge ore dictionary support that cpw's hotfix has. Just some thoughts for ya.