[AddOn v1.43/v1.64] Advanced Machines V3.2 Beta 2

• getting string error on server when using singular compressor and centrifuge extractor.
    internal exception: java.io.IOexception: Received string length longer then maximum allowed (21 > 16)

Server is running bukkit btw

ive got the same issue but mines vanilla minecraft server and it happens with all the advanced machine addon from this mod

• I just upgraded to advanced machines 3.1.1 and the solar arrays look like a very nice addition I plan to try, but if I didn't have another block ID to spare, or for those that don't like solar, could you add a config. file option to disable the solar arrays and their need for a 2nd block ID? Direwolf20's videos keep tempting me with new mods and block ID's are getting scarce. Fortunately 189 wasn't in use yet in my current SPS game.

Do the solar arrays block have a unique appearance in game? I've not tried crafting one yet?

Appreciate them not requiring blocks of diamonds or Dragon Eggs or other such nonsense to craft. Their collection area may not be logical but the convenience is nice. With the 100% wrench add-on I can see these being the perfect way to power IC2 miners. Now we are ready for the "Advanced Miner" (11x11? Faster? Auto-Macerating?).

The advanced machines mod is a great addition to IC2. Thank you for creating it. I would vote to roll it in to IC2 proper.

• this is what i'm waiting for!!
    an upgraded SOLAR PANEL!!

woooohoooo! thanks ZIPPINUS!

*insert all the items here* for you!!!
    [edit]
    i think there's a bug block, when i used nei for spawning the arrays,
    there is 1 array that is colored grey that looks like a metal block,
    when you place it minecraft crash (black screen)

• Hi there.

I am using the 3.1.1 bukkit port, and even though the String length crash has been resolved, now i cant get the gui up on any of the machines, nothing happens when i click them

• their is a block id error with the charging bench addon they both use id 189 and no i dont have an error log to post

Go into /.minecraft/config/, and either change the block ID of Advanced Machines or the Charging Bench to an ID that isn't used. If you have TMI/NEI, it makes it easier to find an unused ID.

• But if you change the block ID of something you've already built and/or placed, that item will change in your world.

I know how to manually change block IDs but I don't see anything in the advanced machines config that allows me to change the ID for the solar array. I'm already using 189 for my Halogen Lights.

• But if you change the block ID of something you've already built and/or placed, that item will change in your world.

I know how to manually change block IDs but I don't see anything in the advanced machines config that allows me to change the ID for the solar array. I'm already using 189 for my Halogen Lights.

If it isn't in your config (It should be automatically added, as it did when I loaded 3.1 for the first time, using the same config file I've had since the 1.23 version of AM), add this to the block section of the config, with whatever ID you have open:

Code
    blockSolarArray=189
  • what EU debate? The arrays are 1-to-1 EU on a per Solar Panel basis as you scale up. There is no need to debate.

I was going to say it seems a bit cheap but upon second look this looks fine to me. (missed the whole 8 MV needed for HV thing)
    Can you get one block that does 512/tick? sure. Does it need a metric crapton of solar panel to achieve it? yup. Could you do the same without the new panels? yup but it would be "interesting" doing this by hand. So overall this seems pretty balanced to me.

• If it isn't in your config (It should be automatically added, as it did when I loaded 3.1 for the first time, using the same config file I've had since the 1.23 version of AM), add this to the block section of the config, with whatever ID you have open:

Code
    blockSolarArray=189

Thanks. That's exactly what I needed to know. Because the game was crashing due to the ID conflict, it wasn't updating the existing config. I was reluctant to delete the config in case something happened to my existing machines.

• What's with the 188:3 HV Solar Array?

If you cheat it in and place it it crashes MC (yes, yes, cheating bad, but things need poking...).

• I've gotten the same error message. It seems to happen when I had ScotTools installed. The patch ScotTools requires seems to rename the MCForge version number back to 1.2.3, so even though I'm using 1.2.4 underneath, probably this addon can't see that with the new name.

• Sorry if it has already been asked, but is there a chance of a faster version of the recycler? perhaps call it the Compaction Recycler, and have it have a recipe like this

:Metal Block: = Alloy Plating

:Metal Block: :Advanced Circuit: :Metal Block:
    :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Recycler: :Intergrated Plating:

if its an industrial-grade recycler u gotta make it expensive, and they do get hot don't they? so that's why I'm putting the disperser in there

Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing. - Abraham Lincoln

Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future. - John F. Kennedy

• What about chucking in a Compressor?

• What about chucking in a Compressor?

oh yea thats a good idea, how about
    :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Recycler: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Metal Block: :Compressor: :Metal Block:

Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing. - Abraham Lincoln

Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future. - John F. Kennedy

• is there a link to the older versions of this mod? cuz when i try to run minecraft it works for like 10 seconds then crashes. im wondering if it has anything to do with mcforge 1.2.4 with the mods i have installed

Mods installed:
    IC2 1.43
    BC 2.2.10
    RP 2 pre4b
    Mo creatures 3.1.0
    craftguide 1.3.1
    Inventory tweaks 1.35
    TMI 2011_11_29
    Nature Overhaul v16
    Key Sprint 1.9
    IC2/BC Power converters 1.3.0p2
    BC additional pipes v31-4
    Iron/Gold/Diamond chests 0.9.6
    8) ^^ :D :huh: :love: 8| :thumbdown: :Mining Drill: :Bronze Dust: :Nano-Bodyarmor: :Mobile Charger: :Resin: :Nano Saber: :Wrench: :Mining Laser: :Iridium: :Electric Jetpack: :Refined Iron: :Advanced Furnace: :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Machine:

• I had a "similar" problem.
    I reinstalled everything from scratch and it worked.