[AddOn v1.43/v1.64] Advanced Machines V3.2 Beta 2

• Official Post

So what is the status on SMP? It's getting to be extremely frustrating that this the only thing holding us back from updating 1-2 weeks ago.

I do appreciate the work that has been done so far. But if you need help with the API or fixing issues, please let us know so we can help. Sitting here with nothing to work with as a server owner is frustrating.

To be completely honest. If the solars didn't help our server the way they do, I would have removed the mod to update. But I can't force people to lose thousands of solar panels. I would even go to the point of paying someone to take the advanced solar part of the mod and make a different mod as that is the only part we care about.

• So what is the status on SMP? It's getting to be extremely frustrating that this the only thing holding us back from updating 1-2 weeks ago.

I do appreciate the work that has been done so far. But if you need help with the API or fixing issues, please let us know so we can help. Sitting here with nothing to work with as a server owner is frustrating.

To be completely honest. If the solars didn't help our server the way they do, I would have removed the mod to update. But I can't force people to lose thousands of solar panels. I would even go to the point of paying someone to take the advanced solar part of the mod and make a different mod as that is the only part we care about.

Some future hope:
    www.industrial-craft.net/?p=335

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• So what is the status on SMP? It's getting to be extremely frustrating that this the only thing holding us back from updating 1-2 weeks ago.

Hey man, you should go easy on us you know. Zipp has been given a very unenviable task here you know. It's not like there's any core IC2 developer willing to try and actually make the API useable in the way Zipp needs it to be. If Zipp wants me to I can give it a go at fixing up the remaining issues this weekend (I am away from my developer machine for the week, because work has made me travel to Detroit - lucky me), but this is Zipp's baby, I'm not going to just come in and take over, and given the state of the IC2 API, I'm hesitant that I would want to.
    The best way you could help is by hassling the core team to actually make an API we can use to add this stuff. We need an extendable tile entity that provides the core power functions in an overrideable way, and compatible block code. Or you know what - get them to add the compressed solars to the core itself - man it's about 20 lines of code for the core dev guys. Sadly, it's not quite that way for us outsiders. It's a few hundred/thousand lines of code copied from partially decompiled classes built against obfuscated minecraft core code. If you get it slightly wrong, well, you can see what happens, because guess what, that's what Zipp, under much pressure from you all, released.

• Official Post

I'm turning into a broken record in the staff IRC about getting it added. lol

cpw

As I've said. I appreciate the work done. If something specifically needs to be changed about the API, not just a general it's broken statement, I can try to do my part in getting something changed. But so far I've only seen him say something in this thread once since 1.0 about needing help with something and that was answered right away. I do know that they've been discussing things about the API lately. I don't understand though how SMP is broken while SSP is working.

I just see complaining about the API, Player saying the API works, then no updates. So it's frustrating.

• I'm turning into a broken record in the staff IRC about getting it added. lol

cpw

As I've said. I appreciate the work done. If something specifically needs to be changed about the API, not just a general it's broken statement, I can try to do my part in getting something changed. But so far I've only seen him say something in this thread once since 1.0 about needing help with something and that was answered right away. I don't understand though how SMP is broken while SSP is working.

Yeah I been bitching about it too before. I careless about the advance machines just want the solar panel arrays for performance.

cpw zippinus has done an amazing job and I like him a lot. But he seems busy and I don't know his personal thought of thinking. Not sure if he is someone who wants to be the only one who does a plugin like this or does not care hes just wanting to have people have what they want wherever its from...

Problem is zippinus has not communicated this to us enough. If he says I don't have time guys/girls please feel free to use my code or ideas to create a new plugin/mod etc... We would actually be a bit more happy. Hell it might mean more delay but were trying to find a new home for stability... 1.1 I would assume is around the corner and guess what? We might just make it to 1.1 or might have to start all over again and try for 1.2.

I would say to my players screw it even get a bukkit plugin convert items backwards and etc.... But the problem is we need the advance solar arrays for performance or we would have to pretty much ban them heh.

Anyways please guys don't think I'm try to be an ass I love zippinus work but I wish he would offer to allow others to help him if not even take over because he seems really busy and he seems to be trying hard but a lot of us depend on this and I'm starting to think this is causing him more pain then enjoyment.

• Just want to say I'm using this on my bukkit server atm. I told people their advanced machines no longer work so store them up for when it does. Beyond that all the solar panels we have work perfectly. So theres no real issue for us bar the vast new power consumption of the overclocked machines.

If all you need are the solars, what is keeping you from updating now? They are working for the most part. I updated my server on Saturday, with only minor issues reported. The other advanced machines aren't working yet, but the save was not corrupted and we figure we'll just update ADV. Machines once the fully functional version is finished.

Jump in, the water is fine.

• Hey man, you should go easy on us you know. Zipp has been given a very unenviable task here you know. It's not like there's any core IC2 developer willing to try and actually make the API useable in the way Zipp needs it to be. If Zipp wants me to I can give it a go at fixing up the remaining issues this weekend (I am away from my developer machine for the week, because work has made me travel to Detroit - lucky me), but this is Zipp's baby, I'm not going to just come in and take over, and given the state of the IC2 API, I'm hesitant that I would want to.
    The best way you could help is by hassling the core team to actually make an API we can use to add this stuff. We need an extendable tile entity that provides the core power functions in an overrideable way, and compatible block code. Or you know what - get them to add the compressed solars to the core itself - man it's about 20 lines of code for the core dev guys. Sadly, it's not quite that way for us outsiders. It's a few hundred/thousand lines of code copied from partially decompiled classes built against obfuscated minecraft core code. If you get it slightly wrong, well, you can see what happens, because guess what, that's what Zipp, under much pressure from you all, released.

The API does contain everything you need to make a functional machine block, just because your to lazy to actually check to see how it works doesn't mean the developers have to go out of there way to help you out.

• i need help i dont know what to do

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: mod_IC2AdvancedMachines, method: getGuiFor signature: (Lvi;ILbq;)Lxe;) Wrong return type in function
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields(Unknown Source)
    at ModLoader.setupProperties(ModLoader.java:1728)
    at ModLoader.addMod(ModLoader.java:268)
    at ModLoader.readFromModFolder(ModLoader.java:1305)
    at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:820)
    at ModLoader.AddAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)
    at afq.<init>(afq.java:80)
    at afq.<clinit>(afq.java:9)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:265)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:648)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

• im also having the same issue but not sure how to fix it i including the modloader txt but not sure if i did this right...
    /spoiler
    Feb 14, 2012 8:15:45 PM ModLoader init
    FINE: ModLoader 1.1 Initializing...
    Feb 14, 2012 8:15:45 PM ModLoader readFromClassPath
    FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\scoin\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin\minecraft.jar
    Feb 14, 2012 8:15:45 PM ModLoader readFromClassPath
    FINER: Zip found.
    Feb 14, 2012 8:15:45 PM ModLoader addMod
    FINE: Mod Initialized: "mod_ModLoaderMp 1.0.0" from mod_ModLoaderMp.class
    Feb 14, 2012 8:15:45 PM ModLoader readFromModFolder
    FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\scoin\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\BCIC2crossover client v1.18.zip
    Feb 14, 2012 8:15:45 PM mod_BCIC2Crossover <clinit>
    FINE: allowGenertor=true
    FINE: allowElectricEngines=true
    FINE: allowOilMaterializer=true
    FINE: OilMaterializerConversionRatio=1
    FINE: Mod Initialized: "mod_BCIC2Crossover 1.18 for MC 1.1, BC 2.2.12, IC2 1.62" from mod_BCIC2Crossover.class
    FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\scoin\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\buildcraft-client-A-core-2.2.12.zip
    FINE: Mod Initialized: "mod_BuildCraftCore 2.2.12" from mod_BuildCraftCore.class
    FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\scoin\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\buildcraft-client-B-builders-2.2.12.zip
    FINE: Mod Initialized: "mod_BuildCraftBuilders 2.2.12" from mod_BuildCraftBuilders.class
    FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\scoin\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\buildcraft-client-B-energy-2.2.12.zip
    FINE: Mod Initialized: "mod_BuildCraftEnergy 2.2.12" from mod_BuildCraftEnergy.class
    FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\scoin\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\buildcraft-client-B-factory-2.2.12.zip
    FINE: Mod Initialized: "mod_BuildCraftFactory 2.2.12" from mod_BuildCraftFactory.class
    FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\scoin\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\buildcraft-client-B-transport-2.2.12.zip
    FINE: Mod Initialized: "mod_BuildCraftTransport 2.2.12" from mod_BuildCraftTransport.class
    FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\scoin\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\industrialcraft-2-client_1.64.jar
    Feb 14, 2012 8:15:46 PM ModLoader addMod
    FINE: Mod Initialized: "mod_IC2 v1.64" from mod_IC2.class
    Feb 14, 2012 8:15:46 PM ModLoader readFromModFolder
    FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\scoin\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\mod_ironchests-client-2.3a.zip
    FINE: Mod Initialized: "mod_IronChest 2.3" from mod_IronChest.class
    FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\scoin\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\PowerConverters_Client_1.3.1_01.zip
    FINE: Mod Initialized: "mod_PowerConverters 1.1.0R1.3.1" from mod_PowerConverters.class
    FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\scoin\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\RedPowerArray-2.0pr4d.zip
    FINE: Mod Initialized: "mod_RedPowerArray 2.0pr4d" from mod_RedPowerArray.class
    FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\scoin\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\RedPowerCore-2.0pr4d.zip
    FINE: Mod Initialized: "mod_RedPowerCore 2.0pr4d" from mod_RedPowerCore.class
    FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\scoin\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\RedPowerLighting-2.0pr4d.zip
    FINE: Mod Initialized: "mod_RedPowerLighting 2.0pr4d" from mod_RedPowerLighting.class
    FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\scoin\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\RedPowerLogic-2.0pr4d.zip
    FINE: Mod Initialized: "mod_RedPowerLogic 2.0pr4d" from mod_RedPowerLogic.class
    FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\scoin\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\RedPowerMachine-2.0pr4d.zip
    FINE: Mod Initialized: "mod_RedPowerMachine 2.0pr4d" from mod_RedPowerMachine.class
    FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\scoin\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\RedPowerWiring-2.0pr4d.zip
    FINE: Mod Initialized: "mod_RedPowerWiring 2.0pr4d" from mod_RedPowerWiring.class
    FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\scoin\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\RedPowerWorld-2.0pr4d.zip
    FINE: Mod Initialized: "mod_RedPowerWorld 2.0pr4d" from mod_RedPowerWorld.class
    FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\scoin\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\rei_minimap
    FINER: Directory found.
    FINER: Adding mods from C:\Users\scoin\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods\zmod_advancedmachines-client-3.1.1.zip
    FINE: Failed to load mod from "mod_IC2AdvancedMachines.class"
    FINER: THROW
    java.lang.VerifyError: (class: mod_IC2AdvancedMachines, method: HandleGUI signature: (I)Lxe;) Incompatible argument to function
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields(Unknown Source)
    at ModLoader.setupProperties(ModLoader.java:1728)
    at ModLoader.addMod(ModLoader.java:268)
    at ModLoader.readFromModFolder(ModLoader.java:1305)
    at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:820)
    at ModLoader.AddAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)
    at afq.<init>(afq.java:80)
    at afq.<clinit>(afq.java:9)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:265)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:648)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Feb 14, 2012 8:15:56 PM ModLoader init
    FINE: Mod Loaded: "mod_ModLoaderMp 1.0.0"
    FINE: Mod Loaded: "mod_BuildCraftCore 2.2.12"
    FINE: Mod Loaded: "mod_BuildCraftBuilders 2.2.12"
    FINE: Mod Loaded: "mod_BuildCraftEnergy 2.2.12"
    FINE: Mod Loaded: "mod_BuildCraftFactory 2.2.12"
    FINE: Mod Loaded: "mod_BuildCraftTransport 2.2.12"
    Feb 14, 2012 8:15:56 PM forge.ForgeHooks <clinit>
    INFO: MinecraftForge v1.3.2.1 Initialized

Feb 14, 2012 8:15:56 PM ModLoaderMp Log
    FINE: ModLoaderMP 1.0.0 Initialized
    FINE: Mod Loaded: "mod_IC2 v1.64"
    FINE: Mod Loaded: "mod_PowerConverters 1.1.0R1.3.1"
    FINE: Mod Loaded: "mod_BCIC2Crossover 1.18 for MC 1.1, BC 2.2.12, IC2 1.62"
    FINE: Mod Loaded: "mod_IronChest 2.3"
    FINE: Mod Loaded: "mod_RedPowerArray 2.0pr4d"
    FINE: Mod Loaded: "mod_RedPowerCore 2.0pr4d"
    FINE: Mod Loaded: "mod_RedPowerLighting 2.0pr4d"
    FINE: Mod Loaded: "mod_RedPowerLogic 2.0pr4d"
    FINE: Mod Loaded: "mod_RedPowerMachine 2.0pr4d"
    FINE: Mod Loaded: "mod_RedPowerWiring 2.0pr4d"
    FINE: Mod Loaded: "mod_RedPowerWorld 2.0pr4d"
    Feb 14, 2012 8:15:56 PM BuildCraftCore initialize
    FINE: Starting BuildCraft 2.2.12
    FINE: Copyright (c) SpaceToad, 2011
    FINE: http://www.mod-buildcraft.com
    Feb 14, 2012 8:15:57 PM mod_BCIC2Crossover ModsLoaded
    FINE: BCIC2Crossover: Fixing iron engine lava values
    Feb 14, 2012 8:15:57 PM mod_IronChest ModsLoaded
    FINE: mod_IronChest unable to load Equivalent Exchange integration
    Feb 14, 2012 8:15:58 PM ModLoader AddAllRenderers
    FINE: Initialized
    spoiler/

• Wrong version for MC 1.1.0.... get 3.2 beta2

• After installing the mod getting the following error. Currently using 3.2 beta 2 client file on the OP. Could someone help me understand what is causing the errror ? Copied from modloader file in minecraft directory.

• </init>

</init>
    Make sure the Advanced Machines file loads after IC2; rename the file: "Zmod_advancedmachines..."

• The API does contain everything you need to make a functional machine block, just because your to lazy to actually check to see how it works doesn't mean the developers have to go out of there way to help you out.

Ok i'll bite. The API is not missing anything that could allow you to integrate AM I agree. However I invite you to try and build just the macerator without decompiling IC2. I suspect you will fail. Understanding how to integrate to the rest of the energynet, how you block/tile/whatever is suppsed to work in response to the different energynet API calls, how to find out how kuch power the net is giving me - the complex code to allow you to power from battery directly- the API says nothing about any of this. Note that the only IC2 mods that have updated have either their own powernet (bcic engines, forcefield) or are owned by a dev team member (chargebench). Zipp is very much on a limb here trying to replicate core machine appearance and function.
    To those wondering i will let zipp have until after i have ported ee to bukkit then i'll release a patch fixing these machines (hopefully), assuming both no return or other objection from zipp and the capability to do it..

• I assume since zippinus has quit someone is going recode this from the ground up and fix some the major issues or I hope they will anyways.

• I've released a fix for AdvM

Changes:
    -Machine now explode when they receive more than 128-EU
    -Textures moved to block_advmachine.png and block_solararray.png
    -Texture tweaks
    -Possibly fixes some texture updating issues
    -BaseMod.getPriorities() for possible loading issue fix
    -Solar array drops generator if it's not wrench'ed

I've only released the modified files and these modified files were decompiled using a hacky way.

EDIT: Please re-download i've messed the textures on the solar array when on inventory.