[AddOn v1.15] Advanced Solar Panel 1.2

• I for one love this and am downloading it to go along with my mod-pack which is similar to direwolf20's main mod list. IC2, BC 2.1, and EE. the solar is my main power system. always is. reliable, safe, and sustained.

It will fit in with the 'story' of the character as well, of which i have been doing a stream play of, for a few friends. this solar panel, looks to have a suitably strong cost for the aspects of a powerful solar array.

• New version up. Finally out of beta. I m still trying to figure out how to change the drop to just an advance machine if you don't use a wrench but other than that everything else should be golden.

WARNING: Before you upgrade make sure your Advanced Solar Panels are only attached to high voltage machines (like a MFSU). Attaching it to a batbox or a MFE will cause them to blow up up those machines.

All people dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in
    the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the morning to find
    that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people,
    for they dream their dreams with open eyes, and make them come true.
    --T.E. Lawrence

• will the update allow it to attach directly to a med-volatage transformer? And my two cents, I don't think you should have nerfed the daytime eu, it takes DIAMONDS for petes sake, I'm almost out of em, with the combination of the panels and the wire. maybe 10 eus a day? but not 8. not worth my diamonds.
    Love the gui in the OT btw. Want to try it out.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• will the update allow it to attach directly to a med-volatage transformer? And my two cents, I don't think you should have nerfed the daytime eu, it takes DIAMONDS for petes sake, I'm almost out of em, with the combination of the panels and the wire. maybe 10 eus a day? but not 8. not worth my diamonds.
    Love the gui in the OT btw. Want to try it out.

Yes it will work with an MV Transformer. It will work with anything that you could attach a MFSU to.

I nerfed the daytime to 8 EU/t but I increased the night time to 4 EU/t. It still averages out to the exact same thing as long as you don't sleep through the night. One Advanced Solar Panel is still worth 12 regular Solar Panels. That being said if more people comment that they want the old 11/1 back I will change it back.

--T.E. Lawrence

• I like the change to 8 eu per tic. The number 8 is a power of two as is 128 and 512 and other functions of electric power. This makes the power production calculations a little more simple. Solar Panel

• or disable the moon
    lol
    mabye you did not notice but daytime has been decreased to compensate it still outputs 6EU/t average per day night cycle

• Well, the point of solar panel is to generate EU when it's a sunny day. You have all other types of generators and storage units to compensate for the night.

• and to run underground
    but you do have a point
    and I have asked the author to make upgraded versions of these when he is satisfied with this mod

• Well, the point of solar panel is to generate EU when it's a sunny day. You have all other types of generators and storage units to compensate for the night.

This is true. It is also true that this is a game and people seem to like the 8/4 for ease of calculations. So please keep leaving comments on whether you guys like 8/4 or 11/1. I could also do 10/2 which may satisfy both groups.

As for the other generators. I m looking for ideas on how to make unique Tier 3 windmills and watermills. (Don't send me mail telling me just to make the recipe more expensive and to increase the multiplier) If you have an idea for these two generators PM me (please don't post it here I don't want this thread to go off topic.) For example I m I m currently thinking about making the tier 1 watermill transform into a tier 3 dam that would generate power depending on the amount of water that is being held behind the dam.

--T.E. Lawrence

• Got an Idea for the wind power would be to create a specialized item called the wind sensor. This Item its self would sense the speed of the wind and could tell you the wind speed when right clicked. When the wind sensor is placed in a slot on a windmill, like how the ores scanners are placed upon miners, it would increase its efficiency and enable the windmill to produce a steady stream of eus {no more fluctuations.} Wind Mill

• I think that it should not be producing HV when its 8 eus. AT MOST MV. i could get lots of adv panels, but have no mfsu/ hv transformers. it also ruins their mobility. its a good thing to plop one of these next to a miner...

• This is true. It is also true that this is a game and people seem to like the 8/4 for ease of calculations. So please keep leaving comments on whether you guys like 8/4 or 11/1. I could also do 10/2 which may satisfy both groups.

10 is not a power of 2...

• Do you Absoulutely need java 7 to run it?

I just tried it and it does not appear to require it. However, I noticed a bug when I made a tight cluster of four 13-panel solar flowers with it where it was generating a lot more power than it should have, but after letting it turn to night and sleeping it seemed to sort itself out.

Edit: the higher than expected power output was my fault, wasn't thinking about the energy storage units buffering while I was building the flowers. So not a bug.

• personally I would like 10 and 2. Maybe a config file for people who want it other ways?

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• legomaniack,

Again the reason behind using high voltage is because I m trying to base things in reality as much as possible and not break the game. Higher voltages is often used in solar setups because it is more efficient. It also increases the costs of using advanced solar panels which is intended. This was never meant to be a cheap source of power. As the saying goes "pick two: fast, good, or cheap". It is fast and it is good, it just not cheap. Also like I said in the original post EU generation and voltage has nothing to do with each other since EU is power measurement (volt * amps) and not a voltage measurement.

Ranakastrasz,
    Yes I know that 10 is not a power of two. However if the goal is to make easy calculations the only thing easier than 1 is 10.

Omnignorance,
    I don't think you noticed a bug. I think you noticed a feature. (No really I mean that.) Let me explain, each advanced solar panel can store 16000 EU. So if you place it and then go off and wire everything it will store power. Once you attach a MFSU to it everything stored in all of your solar panels will then be transferred at a rate of 512 EU/t per panel. I think this explains what you noticed.

Finally to quote a song "life is what happens when you're making other plans". I will be very busy for the foreseeable future. At best I will be able to maintain this add on but I probably wont have a lot of time to fool around with windmills and watermills.

--T.E. Lawrence

• Omnignorance,

I don't think you noticed a bug. I think you noticed a feature. (No really I mean that.) Let me explain, each advanced solar panel can store 16000 EU. So if you place it and then go off and wire everything it will store power. Once you attach a MFSU to it everything stored in all of your solar panels will then be transferred at a rate of 512 EU/t per panel. I think this explains what you noticed.

Yeah... I realized that after some more playing around. Nice work on the mod by the way, it feel balanced enough to me, but I guess we'll have to see what Alblaka thinks about it for future inclusion. The only thing I think that might be more balanced is to make it 8 EU/t during the day and 2 EU/t during the night, since night "feels" about four times as dark, along with keeping powers of two output in each interval, averaging 5 EU/t, still 10 times more efficient.