[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

To the Super Stick:
    So the only posible way is to ask the makes of the other mods not to destroy a forcefield ?
    Could you cange the block, so that it dropps nothing if destroyaed like glass ?

To the instand replace: one option would be putting the time in the .cfg file. People whon want to check it 20 times a sec should do it but CPU may becomme stressed :D
    Isn't there a function with will be called by minecraft if a nearby block is destroyed ?
    e.g. if you destroy a block and above is a door the door will be destroyed right instantly and i don't think there is a timer which check's this every ms...

8o8o8o8o i have i idea to fix it all 8o8o hm need 1 week+

• Before any one reads my ideas please realize that my experience with Java programming is: I made the Hello World! program.

Ok now, if this Force Field mod is supposed to be the ultimate defense with impenetrable shields then we have a problem. While testing the Rocket Science mod I decided I needed to protect the house with all of my stuff in it (I am using the IC2 Test Map). So i made a Force Field that hugs the building like a glove. So I place a Nuke (the IC one) and set it off right beside it. Results look good. While I am launched to the other side of the room I am unharmed and so is the building. When I go outside to look at the ground I notice that some of the ground underneath the building is gone. I tested some more and realized that it has to be the block update rate (if this is the wrong words please forgive me). When the Nuke destroys the ground that would have been force field if it was empty the blast damage goes through and destroys more blocks before the force field block spawns in its place. This can be a very big issue, especially in SMP. If I big under a base and set off a Nuke it will destroy alot of stuff before the force field blocks get in place. So if the block update rate (again sry) can be increased that would work.

Another idea/problem fix if for damage assessment of the force field blocks themselves. I posted earlier about the two mods I use being able to break the force field blocks and then I crash if I pick one up. The only blocks that these mods cannot destroy like that is bedrock. Is there a way to make the force field block reference damage like it was bedrock? Another problem that this would fix is the ability for the Nuclear Missile and Thermonuclear Missile to penetrate the force field rendering it useless for missile defense.

And one more thing. I'm not sure if it was mentioned but allowing overlapping force fields where the inside fields are not there would be awesome. It would allow for fully shielded bases or ships.

Edit: Almost forgot. Can we get it so that the force field projectors can charge without having to be turned on.

• I'm not good in Java, but i'm quite ok in Pascal (Lazarus):

1.: yep the nuke is destroing all the blocks. And calculation is done in one part. After the calculation is done and everything is destroyed the forcefield has the ability to update itself, the blocks which are now empty. Only solution would be that the force field will replace all Blocks around it, but this is not always wanted... maybe there could be an other mode. Or you manually destroy all blocks arround before stating the forcefield....

2. like thunderdark said: a block could be marked as undestroyable. But if the other mod's don't care about this you could so nothing...

3. You mean :
    x = Forcefield
    n = Forcefield
    - = nothing

xxxxxxx
    x---n---x
    x---n---x
    xxxxxxx

where the side with n shoud disapear ?
    Dont know. Would be cool, but i prefer a force field which is only one side of the cube. So that you could make a Cube out of 6 Force Blocks. This would mean that you could deactivate only 1 smal side to enter the field...

• I'm not good in Java, but i'm quite ok in Pascal (Lazarus):

1.: yep the nuke is destroing all the blocks. And calculation is done in one part. After the calculation is done and everything is destroyed the forcefield has the ability to update itself, the blocks which are now empty. Only solution would be that the force field will replace all Blocks around it, but this is not always wanted... maybe there could be an other mode. Or you manually destroy all blocks arround before stating the forcefield....

Yea I don't wanna have to destroy the blocks that would be a force field or let the force field do that. There has to be some way though.

2. like thunderdark said: a block could be marked as undestroyable. But if the other mod's don't care about this you could so nothing...

Undestroyable sounds good. Not many mods just destroy everything.

I think I got what you meant lol. Think if I put 2 field projectors 4 squares apart and put them both to radius of 10. That would right now cut off some of the area inside the field because of the overlap. Find some way to recognize that the field blocks are inside another field and have them disappear so that the entire area inside the field is available to work and live in.

• Relase new Version:

mod_ModularForceFieldProjectorV2.0dev004_Client
    mod_ModularForceFieldProjectorV2.0dev004_Server

Add 1 New Projektor and 3 Projektor Upgrades..

problems:

IC2 Solar Generator not work inside forceField (talk with IC2 DEV will be update in next IC2 Version)
    Rocket Science v0.65 - Nukles Missle ignore forceField write PM to Kentington

• The current hardener will go straight through bedrock!
    Possibly not a good idea.
    Tried all components in SSP no issues so far.

The current hardener will go straight through bedrock!

Fix and upload

• well looks like i wont be using advanced machines till it gets updated to buildcraft 2.2.4 or 2.2.3 is it really that hard? you changed the mod itself by fixing a few bugs put is it that hard to make it compatible with 2.2.4 buildcraft?

well looks like i wont be using advanced machines till it gets updated to buildcraft 2.2.4 or 2.2.3 is it really that hard? you changed the mod itself by fixing a few bugs put is it that hard to make it compatible with 2.2.4 buildcraft?

:?::!::?::!: wrong post hit ???

• I think I got what you meant lol. Think if I put 2 field projectors 4 squares apart and put them both to radius of 10. That would right now cut off some of the area inside the field because of the overlap. Find some way to recognize that the field blocks are inside another field and have them disappear so that the entire area inside the field is available to work and live in.

What you're asking for is merging emitted force-fields. This would allow for covering non-cube areas with less energy.

Probably the fastest approach to this would be to keep a list of generators and their associated area of effect bounding boxes. If the bounding boxes intersect then more care could be taken when erecting/removing shielding.

Actually this would also allow for an interesting 'door'; you'd erect a shield to merge in to the larger one and thereby annex an area outside of it.

• New Version DEV 005

mod_ModularForceFieldProjectorV2.0dev005_Client
    mod_ModularForceFieldProjectorV2.0dev005_Server

Add a Upgrade for Force Field Directional Projektor to make Walls

Todo List

1 more Projektor :D for Fun Stuff
    1 ToolBlock
    improve the behavior at overlaps
    Gather ideas for recipes

• I'm not shure what you mean but do you mean a block which destroys a forece field block if activated ?
    would be cool, but here shoulb be some sort of checkbox to allow the other blocks to destroy some forece fields (of password) otherwise you could destroy every base ousing this trick ...

• I'm not shure what you mean but do you mean a block which destroys a forece field block if activated ?
    would be cool, but here shoulb be some sort of checkbox to allow the other blocks to destroy some forece fields (of password) otherwise you could destroy every base ousing this trick ...

There is still time for an error the force fields of various projectors cancel out, it is changed befor DEV->BETAx

If shield merging were added and the new shield simply 'snapped' in to existence around things that were there then the newly captured area would suddenly shift from outside to inside.

Similarly when the new shield were turned off that previously gained space would return outside.

You could use a redstone remote (I forget, that does exist in IC2?) to open/close the door.

• when i try to install the mod it crashes
    i installed in the mc jar the industrialcraft jar or let it in the zip in the mods file
    but it won't work so what is the correct way to instal it?
    also it is not clear how to do it.

• I just put the .zip in the mods folder and it worked directly (after fixing ID's)
    Maybe you need to change the ID
    just read the crash log and if there ist somethink like
    "dublicate ID 123 ID is in use, ... , ..." then change the id in the config file.
    i have 213 and 214...
    TMI might be usefull to find an empty ID ...

TO the Mod:
    I think it is quite stable now (the force block saves bug seems to be fixed,...) .
    Looking forward to use real recieps, so i can install the mod on the server...

Looking forward to use real recieps, so i can install the mod on the server...

So looking for good and logical recipe ideas for my components. Postet your ideas.
    if I take it you mentioned in the credits

• Force Field Generator Core
    :Water Cell: :Mining Laser: :Water Cell:
    :Water Cell: :Industrial Diamond: :Water Cell:
    :Water Cell: :Generator: :Water Cell:

:Industrial Diamond: = Lapotron Crystal
    :Water Cell: = Electrolysed Water Cell (or normal Water cell)
    :Mining Laser: = dynamite Remote
    Why : Dynamite Remote because the power is transmitted Wireless.
    Lapotron Crystal for energy Storage.
    Water Cell: Every Child knows that the best way to store Force Power is to store it in Water Cells...

FF Generator Core Injektor

:Gold Dust: :Cable: :Gold Dust:
    :Coal Dust: :Advanced Machine: :Coal Dust:
    :LV-Transformer: :HV-Transformer: :LV-Transformer:

:Gold Dust: = Glowstone
    :Coal Dust: = Redstone
    :LV-Transformer: = Mid Voltage Transformator

why:
    Redstoen because of signal
    Cable to the Core
    Transformators to Transform the Energy...

FF Generator Storage Upgrade

:RE Battery: :RE Battery: :RE Battery:
    :Advanced Circuit: :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Circuit:
    :RE Battery: :RE Battery: :RE Battery:

:RE Battery: = RE Batery

FF Generator Ranges Upgrade

:Mining Laser: :Mining Laser: :Mining Laser:
    :Advanced Circuit: :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Circuit:
    :Mining Laser: :Mining Laser: :Mining Laser:

(this may cost to much, so here an other version:

:Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field:
    :Mining Laser: :Advanced Machine: :Mining Laser:
    :Mining Laser: :Advanced Circuit: :Mining Laser:

:Force Field: = nothing )

Force Field Cube Projektor

:Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Mining Laser: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:
    :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Advanced Machine: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:
    :Compressor: :Industrial Diamond: :Compressor:

:Intergrated Heat Dispenser: = Advanced Alloy
    :Industrial Diamond: = Lapotron Crystal

Of Course the Compressors and Advanced Alloy is used to generate enough Gibbl, because it is so freaking awesome :D

other Idea's comming soon.

• As for the force field not protecting blocks 'fast' enough when, say, a nuke explodes, for dirt/stone underground and so forth. Doesn't ModLoader or Forge have a hook to let you get block remove events? If so, you could just listen for those, if the position matches a position in a hashmap of one that you want a forcefield to be then just instantly place a forcefield there. Would that work?

Would also make it so if someone breaks a force field block with some type of admin tool then it would instantly regenerate as well, preventing such a person from getting in as well.

If there is no such hook, then by gurn-it submit a patch to Forge to add it!.