[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• I was trying to do an experiment with a stable power source, that is just barely capable of substaining the field (using prerelease), to see if breaking blocks had any effect (was unable to tell due to this bug). I had a ton of difficulty, but kinda managed it, by settting the consumption to 20 (per second I think, to match ticks), but was able to substain, with a solar panel, 5 field blocks. interestingly, I could increase that all the way to 20 blocks, with no more power generation.

It would drain the capaciter, but as long as the core was being fed, it would stay active. If I toggled the core off and on, It would reactive, and flicker, possibly as the field energy hit -10 energy every cycle. So I think the fail algoritm is a bit off atm, and it does not work quite as intended. However, it keeps changing how it works, and I am unable to get it to do the same thing each time, it seems to keep changing it's behavior.

It appears that I can sustain, stably (before energy decay occurs) 5 field blocks, which takes 100 power (due to 20/block) which translates to 10 Eu/second, meaing 1/2 EU/t incput. However, I was using a solar panel, meaning I ought to have been getting 1 EU/t, meaning 20 per second, 200 field power, which is twice what I got. So I would request some nice numbers in the UI telling power drain, power income rate, both total on the core, and local on the projectors (not sure how to display when we have inhibitors used however, that makes it a bit more complex)

Also, I cannot see anything wrong with the Directional-projector extender. It seems to work fine to me.

• 8| Ok you have found a nice major Bug Ranakastrasz THX Is now at number one of my Bug to fix list.

add to features List : Rebuild breaking blocks cost 10* x Energy cost peer second . * can be defined in the config

• No problem, I use myself Bukkit and a good porting would be delighted. Just without the Bugs :D

So if you want you can send with the changes and I would always inputting them into the current beta build .

• 8| Ok you have found a nice major Bug Ranakastrasz THX Is now at number one of my Bug to fix list.

add to features List : Rebuild breaking blocks cost 10* x Energy cost peer second . * can be defined in the config

Any way to detect failed Tnt?

How about costing that when turning field on to start with?

Also, costing an extra 1 eu/tick when someone is pounding on the field seems a bit low, although since you are not really expected to get through it with your fist, I suppose that makes sense.

Increase block break rate via tools, up to *instant-dig' (or very nearly) with a nano-saber? (since that weapon is designed to get through nano-suits and quantum suits, both of which use force-fields for defence)

Any way to detect failed Tnt?

if a Item or Tool use Forge (ISpecialResistance) then yes so :Mining Laser: and :Nuke TNT: built in beta 3 drain power of the Force Field Generator defalut 10 ( can be Chance in Config )time more as normal consumption

How about costing that when turning field on to start with?
    Also, costing an extra 1 eu/tick when someone is pounding on the field seems a bit low, although since you are not really expected to get through it with your fist, I suppose that makes sense.
    Increase block break rate via tools, up to *instant-dig' (or very nearly) with a nano-saber? (since that weapon is designed to get through nano-suits and quantum suits, both of which use force-fields for defence)

As above, the first produce and recover from blocks cosst in Beta 3 ... 10 time more as normal consumption ...

forcefieldblockcost=1
    forcefieldblockcreatemodifier=10

• Tools be able to more quickly damage the forcefield, namely using the strength of a tool vs, I think, Leaf, glass, soulsand (or did he fix that?) and so on (where swords are fastest, and higher tier materials are also faster) with nano-saber able to destroy it VERY fast.

(Im imagining that you would want fields to be cheap to maintain, or at least manageable, even at massive sizes, but when under siege, to deplete the reserves very rapidly, especially from specific anti-force-field weapons, namely the nano-saber. So a simple cost of 1 field energy per tick per block, which can let you maintain some Massive field generators with ease, even via a few coal-based generators, but when under siege, you dang better have a full MFSU there to back it up, or it will melt fast, and then, well...

• Since I'm almost done with Beta 3
    I have a issue in front of me to have enough free ID space for extensions > Version 1.0. I would have to adjust the ID's of all objects in the mod.
    Unfortunately, this was cause that the versions Beta 3 are not compatible to Beta 2.

Question to you chance IDs with Beta 3 or wait as long as it is possible ???

• Please release a version with IDs changed to something that works.

I don't feel maintaining backwards compatibility is needed because as it was, in previous versions of this mod your shields were not debugged enough to be useful. The point of the shields is to create a near impenetrable barrier to most human griefers in SMP. Monsters are not dangerous enough to need this good of a defense. Since previous versions had ways to beat the shield (like inhibitors in beta 2) there was no point in building a base protected by shields since they could be easily breached.

I feel that your mod is VERY close to working : if that inhibitor bug had been fixed, I would have been using beta 2 like it was. Alblaka is happy with your work is well, and I hope he will invite you to the IC2 mod team and add your mods to core IC2. That will save lots of block IDs since shield parts would become a part of the "machine" blocks in IC2.

Another thing : I think IC2 could have been released earlier since the extended beta testing didn't find several major bugs. The sooner you release a new beta, the sooner you can start work on a hotfix for all the bugs we find.

• if I no notice a major bug , Beta 3 Client goes to open beta today
    changelog already inserted in the thread

• Really nice work!But Client and Server crashes upon load!
    Mods used: Bulitcraft, IC2 1337b, Planes

I just pasted the .zip from Beta3 inside the "mods" folder.

• Really nice work!But Client and Server crashes upon load!
    Mods used: Bulitcraft, IC2 1337b, Planes

I just pasted the .zip from Beta3 inside the "mods" folder.

and without a Planes? I have not tested with.. have you a crashlog ?

• The problem is your default block IDs conflict with buildcraft, which is a VERY commonly used mod.

After about 5 tries I found that 191, 192, and 193 are unused. I am running Buildcraft/Power Converters/Industrial Craft 2/Redstone Power 2.

This is a VERY common configuration in terms of mods, I would recommend you adjust your defaults to something that won't conflict.

And why are you using 3 block IDs? Can you not fit it all in 2? Machines/Upgrades in the same ID?

• I could fix it by deleting planes!
    Nevertheless i cant built every item!
    Think its the problem mentioned before...
    I'm using buildcraft, redpower and IC2

i'll try the IDs provied before

• And why are you using 3 block IDs? Can you not fit it all in 2? Machines/Upgrades in the same ID?

1 BlockID max 16 Maschines to time i use 13 ...bad for extensions. for info Buildcraft use > 20 ...I am very economical with 3

• Doesn't work with 191,192 and 193.

I dont have any error but i cant craft some items (like projectors and generators) BUT the upgrades/items are craftable!

edit: its right, that the blue cells are coolantcells, right?