[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• without a crashlog no one can help you..

advantage of not manual is all the people try and find more bugs. ;) ..will soon create a manual

So a picture is always good. But it sounds very Strengthens for a bug..
    The Reactor Force Field has its own ugly texture (yellow edge)..

• This is a really good concept. However it is highly un-balanced on pvp servers. I have a quite simple suggestion that would change this.

Make it so that you have to take the forcefield down for 2 minecraft days for every 5 minecraft days it is running. There are a couple ways to do this that i can think of off the top of my head. The best one in my opinion, and easiest to implement without major changes to already existing mechanics, is via a heat system of some sort.

Basically make one of the central components of the force field generate, and store heat. If it gets too hot, make it go boom. Also make it dissipate heat *only* while the force field is off. You could do this with all of the projektors. So basically a projecktor would generate 10000 heat per minecraft day (just an example here), and store up to 50000 heat. Once it passes 50000 heat, the projektor would explode (I think it would be good to make the explosion rather large, similar to nuclear). Then make it so that the projektor removes 25000 heat per minecraft day *only* while it's not on.

It would also be ideal to make a setting to enable/disable this functionality, so anyone using this mod in it's current state isn't forced to use it with this new functionality if they don't want to. It would also be ideal to add config options for the heat generated per tick, maximum heat stored, and heat removed per tick, so that server admins can tweak to their preference.

I think this would make this mod usable in pvp servers. It is fairly easy to implement from a programming perspective, and requires no major changes to already existing mechanics.

• Another and maybe better solution, its to make energy cost to scale with time, the more time online the generator is, the more energy it will consume. When it reaches a point where you have shut it down to make the energy comsuption to normal values again...

Although in the end there is a simple work around to this (and your proposal too), and that is by having a multilayer force field, when the first layer is on the Cooldown period, you can simply activate the second layer until the cooldown of the first one finishes and viceversa.

• 99percent : a fork of the bukkit version that I use on my server has another solution to this. Items falling on the field cost it energy. It's possible to make a "railgun" where you use railcraft launcher rails to send chest carts filled with items (the more items, the better) at the shield. Eventually you can overwhelm almost any power source.

There's also a lot of ways to make user errors with a force field and have it go down. Honestly I don't think that "balance" is even an issue : why should someone be able to go anywhere and grief anyone at any time? Without incredible defense, on a PvP server with no rules at all there's absolutely nothing you can do if someone attacks your base when you are offline. Also, minecraft handles latency extremely poorly with no client side prediction or any other the other things that would be needed to actually have decent PvP battles.

And there are several glitches that allow easy bypass of a shield. Have you tried glitching through the floor? It is extremely easy to do and is the method I use when I am playing as Op and need to get inside someone's shield.

(on the bukkit port, there is a counter to this, a quick feature that I wrote)

• Thunder, hows the bug status on the latest version? Were you able to successfully hunt down the greater than 27 radius bug for the SMP server? Any other major bugs that you are aware of?

• Thunder, hows the bug status on the latest version? Were you able to successfully hunt down the greater than 27 radius bug for the SMP server? Any other major bugs that you are aware of?

fix radius 32+ on SMP server
    :D

I am still collecting..currently:

[Graphic-SMP] graphic errors in inventory after open the GUI..
    [Minor] if Directional Extender is destroyed ForceField remains until reboot (client / server) are.. fix come with Beta5_1

And there are several glitches that allow easy bypass of a shield. Have you tried glitching through the floor? It is extremely easy to do and is the method I use when I am playing as Op and need to get inside someone's shield.

yet :) but still not mind what into the development :whistling::whistling:

• Another and maybe better solution, its to make energy cost to scale with time, the more time online the generator is, the more energy it will consume. When it reaches a point where you have shut it down to make the energy comsuption to normal values again...

Although in the end there is a simple work around to this (and your proposal too), and that is by having a multilayer force field, when the first layer is on the Cooldown period, you can simply activate the second layer until the cooldown of the first one finishes and viceversa.

The problem with your first solution is it requires that the developer change the existing mechanics, which in turn makes it much harder to implement this. I hadn't thought of the multi-layer forcefield though. That kind of makes it all pointless unless that also is changed.

• Hey Thunder I was just wandering if you could help me out. You see I still play quite alot of minecraft 1.8.1 because I can use Better Than Wolves, Buildcraft and IC2 together and I was wandering if you could either post a 1.8.1 version of beta 5/6 or if you could help me in porting it. I do understande the basics of java but thats it and I have no idear how I would do it myself. I do love this mod and have been playing it on 1.1 but it's just not the same.

Here is the error I get from Mod loader

FINE: Failed to load mod from "mod_ModularForceFieldSystem.class"
    Jan 26, 2012 8:05:36 PM ModLoader addMod
    FINER: THROW
    java.lang.VerifyError: Cannot inherit from final class
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicFields(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.getFields(Unknown Source)
    at ModLoader.setupProperties(ModLoader.java:1583)
    at ModLoader.addMod(ModLoader.java:274)
    at ModLoader.readFromModFolder(ModLoader.java:1179)
    at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:824)
    at ModLoader.AddAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:186)
    at aam.(aam.java:61)
    at aam.(aam.java:10)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:259)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:629)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

If you could help I'd apreciate it, if not I understand as I am in the minority here. :S

• Loreaxe

I do not understand why anybody plays MC 1.8.1 ??.. all of you mentioned mod, there are now for MC 1.0 or even MC 1.1
    a port of Beta 5 / 6 to version 1.8.1...is because of all API changes (IC2, Forge, ..) not to make quick.

Sorry I think it's pointless.because of spending time

• Fair enough and thank you for thinking about it and giving me a responce. I understand that there would be API changes I anticapated that much. Also refering to people playing 1.8.1 it's mainly because some of the mods were stoped after 1.8.1 and others Like Better than wolves stoped supporting the forge so you can no longer play them together and thats why some people have a second install of MC like me. Anyway thanks for taking the time to reply. :)

• force fields not work on smp .... no errors just do nothing when turn on ... but energy consumes
    my mods:

2012-01-26 12:54:52 [INFO] ModLoader Server 1.1 Initializing...
    2012-01-26 12:54:52 [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_IC2 v1.64
    2012-01-26 12:54:52 [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_BuildCraftCore 2.2.12
    2012-01-26 12:54:52 [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_BuildCraftTransport 2.2.12
    2012-01-26 12:54:52 [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_BuildCraftFactory 2.2.12
    2012-01-26 12:54:52 [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_BuildCraftEnergy 2.2.12
    2012-01-26 12:54:52 [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_BuildCraftBuilders 2.2.12
    2012-01-26 12:54:52 [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_RedPowerCore 2.0pr4d
    2012-01-26 12:54:52 [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_RedPowerLogic 2.0pr4d
    2012-01-26 12:54:52 [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_RedPowerWiring 2.0pr4d
    2012-01-26 12:54:52 [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_RedPowerLighting 2.0pr4d
    2012-01-26 12:54:52 [INFO] Mod Loaded: mod_ModularForceFieldSystem 1.1 Beta 5
    2012-01-26 12:54:53 [INFO] ModLoaderMP 1.1 Initialized
    2012-01-26 12:54:53 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.1

• which projector ? + Upgrades....pictures ?
    I m just on my server and he goes all ... so please more info

• 2 clone servers with different maps

1) force field dont work(as i say)
    2) all works fine

i just clone server folder without map ... wtf? O_o

• Having an id issue. The id's needed conflict with railcraft, so i use id resolver to help with id issues, however when id resolver issues new id's about 300 entries of petrochemical generator appear when i bring up the item list in creative mode, i dont know a lot about id issues so can anyone help? Ive dumped a list of the mods i have installed and none of them have modified id's. I installed id resolver specifically for this mod. Thanks :)

[EDIT] Just an update to add, i just went on my survival map and used craft guide to look at recipes, they are all appearing fine, however, without being able to craft the items using creative i cant see if the mod actually works or not in either mode, however it seems unlikely that they will work if they are bugging out the creative mode menu. Will try to test more later

• After a little more testing, i used creative mode to place one of the many "blank" "petrochemical generators" appear on the menu and i got the beneath item placed (which i dont recognise lol) and all of the blank items on the list were all of this same block. Not sure if it helps or not.

[edit] Another update. These blocks ARE petrochemical generator... However with this mod disabled all is normal...