[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• Honestly this is more of a problem with you not managing your server properly then the mod itself... If he made the blocks update and replace themselves more frequently then the mod would cause insane amounts of lag. Also why are nukes and other explosives even craftable or placable in the first place unless your using vanilla server. To be honest I doubt theres anything he can do to fix these problems without making the mod a lag monster with block updates and checks. If your running a bukkit server get a plugin like hawkeye or logblock and start banning the retards that are doing this kind of thing. If they cant respect a protected area as private then they dont need to be playing multiplayer anyways. If you using vanilla, your kinda SOL. This mod ISNT a replacement for something like WorldGuard like you seem to be treating it as. Thunderdark is more then welcome to correct me on this but there no real way to fix this without some massive rewrites and effort thats more easily solved by you managing your server better, no offense. As nice as Thunderdark is with trying to implement all our suggestions your taking a tad too far trying to make it into your custom area protection plugin/mod.

Sorry I was not asking him to make it update faster and he also knows there is a update in the works for forge in fact I think the hooks are in for the future. I was only explaining what is happening and giving him my full honest review of what can and what people do to get around things. I think this is things he enjoys knowing about. And yes his mod is sort of a 2 way used mod. One for Protection from normal griefing and the other is more war combat type server sort of mine no rules nothing really.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• So really I do not want someone using my Mod...I add constantly new Bugs to prevent the use...but somehow is does not help :wacko:

You have my permission to use it....while you still can ;)

Next Bug Update V.31 next Week

• my last post was, of course, full of sarcasm. :D:D

Kane Hart:

'll relax for a few days and then I will hunt all explotis piece by piece..

• I got this with MFFS 2.1.7.0.30
    http://pastebin.com/MwCXWCxb
    I tried again with IC2 1.1.0.6 instead of the open beta version and still got this error:
    http://pastebin.com/xds2wauF

seems like extrabiomes might be the cause not playing along with MFFS right. Could you make a backup and remove extrabiomes?

• seems like extrabiomes might be the cause not playing along with MFFS right. Could you make a backup and remove extrabiomes?

I removed extra biomes and still got the NPE. Although Extra Biomes is still getting error I am also trying to resolve on their forums...(I tried running without MFFS). This is the "new" NPE if it is any different.

http://pastebin.com/zpenfLvd

I've resolved the Extra Biomes problem, but I'm still getting the NPE that is saying something about the recipes. (Ran fine without MFFS)

After removing the mod and its configs, I downloaded a fresh version and installed it worked. I guess somehow my configs were messed up. But it works now...Anyway, thanks for the help :D

• Kane Hart

as always, a good video .. have Noted the bugs and suggestions .. and a few ideas to implement them.

I currently traveling a lot ..Read up on forum coming not to programming....

• I absolutely love how EU hungry the FF generator is :p its totally enormous but its all good cause I've got way to much EU ready to be used. now I've installed in two of my mansions this awesome Force Field equipments and I never have to worry about mobs spawning in my house at night when I turn off my lights. Also no more walking in my house like 007 checking around corners. :p

MFFS is the Epic Awesomeness of Minecraft security ^^

• How about a block that if made into a frame like nether portals or mystcraft portals, acts like a jammer? This would make making portals into and out of protected areas easier like if you have a tunnel or a walk way connected to your main area. This would save time and resources in making holes in forcefields for this application so much easier! Im not sure how well you are with modeled blocks but something thats shaped like and places like the RP2 accelerators would look great! Though without the hole in the middle...

• Would it be possible to NOT instantly kill someone and delete their items if they happen to occupy the same blocks as the forcefield when it's turned on? As the mod stands now, if someone is standing right where a "wall" of the forcefield would appear, and you turn it on, it instantly kills them and all of their items are destroyed.

• Would it be possible to NOT instantly kill someone and delete their items if they happen to occupy the same blocks as the forcefield when it's turned on? As the mod stands now, if someone is standing right where a "wall" of the forcefield would appear, and you turn it on, it instantly kills them and all of their items are destroyed.

This was one my issues in a video I made. He is traveling right now but he said he look into it when he gets back. I never though of this till now but it might be a cool idea to have a bounce field that pushes you 5-10 blocks with a good slap of damage but this would prevent the user from actually getting instant killed and also being more stuck in the field maybe.

• On the topic of better SMP Defense... Biometric Scanners.
    Needs a computer-ish item and a scanner setup. Scan a person and register them in your system. Those who are in the system have a security level. Scanners can be used to allow a person who has enough security clearance to enter and exit areas with said security levels. People who are not in the system, are rejected unless entered and given a clearance level.
    That's just some usage ideas. It would need a scanner and a way to store entered people and give them a clearance level, or alter the clearance level of a person.
    A scanner could emit a redstone current if the person scanned has enough clearance, either to a direct redstone interaction, or wireless interaction. One would need a way to link a network up so one could have tons of fields up, and people with clearance could be granted a way through them(likely with a temporary shutdown of it).

Bit of a end game goal, but something like that would be awesome for a LP or even a Custom Map. And very useful for easy bypassing of fields for your base.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• This was one my issues in a video I made. He is traveling right now but he said he look into it when he gets back. I never though of this till now but it might be a cool idea to have a bounce field that pushes you 5-10 blocks with a good slap of damage but this would prevent the user from actually getting instant killed and also being more stuck in the field maybe.

Yeah instead of instantly killing you, moving the player away from the field would be good. Not sure if mod code can do that or not.

A warning would be good for the area defense as well. Last time I tried it... you don't get much of a warning. If I recall... you get too close and the first zap makes you drop all your stuff and half kills you, the second zap kills you and there is like 1 second between the 1st and 2nd zaps, so you don't get a lot of time to retreat. Does that sound about right? If I set up one of these at my base... it would be nice to have at least a warning message +5 blocks out or something that gives players a message saying that you are entering a restricted area, turn back now of you will be zapped etc.

Edit: Just watched your last video. You summed up many of the issues I just commented on, which is great thanks.