[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• I've got a bug. Pretty obvious one, actually. When mining the Forcicium blocks, they don't drop Forcicium like the previous versions. They drop a single "MFFS Projector Upgrade" and these don't stack. So mining Forcicium is highly unattractive at the moment.

• !!!! if you have 2.2.8.0.13 installed Update to 2.2.8.0.14 !!!!

Version 2.2.8.0.13 have a Major Bug with Buildcraft Wooden Pipe

• Has the rate at which monazit ore spawns been reduced? I'm having a lot of trouble finding it. I've only seen one piece actually.

Am I just mining too low?

• not sure if its related with MFFS or the mod in question

if u macerate Monazite in a rotary macerator from advance machines 4.4c u get extra forcicium from it if one output slot is occupied with 55+ forcicium, u get to complete that stack and the 10 forcicium - that u normaly get by macerating - on the 2nd output slot.

Explanation

this has been reported on Advance Machines 4.4c as well due to the fact i dont know which mod is causing it

• fuzzzie

Has the rate at which monazit ore spawns been reduced? I'm having a lot of trouble finding it. I've only seen one piece actually.

Check: MonazitOreWorldGen in config if 4 set to 8+..
    and i have been noted my Quarry on Forgecraft have found beetween level 64->33 only 2 blocks 8| ...

XxN4BxX

Look like a Bug in "advance machines" IC2 macerator work
    "Ic2Recipes.addMaceratorRecipe(new ItemStack(ModularForceFieldSystem.MFFSMonazitOre, 1), new ItemStack(ModularForceFieldSystem.MFFSitemForcicium, 10));"

IC2 Recipes say 1 Ore -> 10 Forcicum

• Hi, was testing the FE to EU converter. Seems processing 1 forcicium to EU takes 1M EU and produces 2M EU. Making 1 UU with no scrap takes 1M EU. 4 UU = 16 forcicium, so I can make from those 16M EU. Is this behaviour intended, this seems to be unbalanced free energy loop?

• Hyppe

Hi, was testing the FE to EU converter. Seems processing 1 forcicium to EU takes 1M EU and produces 2M EU. Making 1 UU with no scrap takes 1M EU. 4 UU = 16 forcicium, so I can make from those 16M EU. Is this behaviour intended, this seems to be unbalanced free energy loop?

hm :Industrial Diamond: <-- you're the first person to notice it....or the others say nothing and enjoy ^^

will change the UU = forcicium recepie like 3:2 ...calculating a little

hm :Industrial Diamond: <-- you're the first person to notice it....or the others say nothing and enjoy ^^

will change the UU = forcicium recepie like 3:2 ...calculating a little

I hope I didn't ruin ppls fun with this :D

Would it be easier to nerf the converter itself (or too)? My previous post was based on no scrap situation, it gets 6x worse with scrap. With scrap, the UU to forcicium ratio should be 6:1 or higher to prevent free energy loops. In that case, getting the forcicium from UU gets very expensive when used in forcefield stuff itself. With current UU recipe (1:4) and scrap, one piece of forcicium only costs 41666 EU (4*166666/16), so thats the max converter should 'add' on the process.

• fuzzzie

Check: MonazitOreWorldGen in config if 4 set to 8+..
    and i have been noted my Quarry on Forgecraft have found beetween level 64->33 only 2 blocks 8| ...

Cool thanks! Updated config. I've found a little bit in a mystraft age around 50 or so.

Also, I see on the OP that you have a 1.4.4 version listed as 2.2.8.1.* The files section below doesn't contain anything like that though. I only see 1.3.2 and 1.4.2 versions. Are you just holding off for a 1.4.4 version of IC2?

• Cool thanks! Updated config. I've found a little bit in a mystraft age around 50 or so.

Also, I see on the OP that you have a 1.4.4 version listed as 2.2.8.1.* The files section below doesn't contain anything like that though. I only see 1.3.2 and 1.4.2 versions. Are you just holding off for a 1.4.4 version of IC2?

if IC2 Version = 1.108 wheren "no Download on IC2 Forum" ;)

look at Github ;);)

• So as far as I can see I can't run my Forcefield on purely renewable energy (anymore)?

You can if you have a loooot of EU left use a Compact For.Cell with a Extraxtor the left top slot to fill it up ( extract Forcecium from AIr)

• You can if you have a loooot of EU left use a Compact For.Cell with a Extraxtor the left top slot to fill it up ( extract Forcecium from AIr)

ah thanks, will try that :) and well yeah I like renewable as a end-game solution (starting out with non-renewable then that is)

I saw the Cell but i don't think any of the spotlights quite covered what it does or i missed that part

• Should the field manipulator(or what ever the dome upgrade is now called) half the force cost of maintaining the field?

I am running 2.2.8.0.5 with a 32 size, 1 thickness, sphere, mob def, shield and I don't notice any Force usage difference between when I dome it and when I don't.

Should I update, is it a know issue, or is it just not intended to work that way?

• Should the field manipulator(or what ever the dome upgrade is now called) half the force cost of maintaining the field?
    I am running 2.2.8.0.5 with a 32 size, 1 thickness, sphere, mob def, shield and I don't notice any Force usage difference between when I dome it and when I don't.
    Should I update, is it a know issue, or is it just not intended to work that way?

will by change soon.... to time field manipulator have no inpact on maintaining cost ..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Release Version 2.2.8.1.5 for IC 2 1.109

for the courageous 2.2.8.1.6ex in Github

• With the mods stabilizing at 1.45, I am re-launching my server. So, in preparation I am making the necessary requests for permission to include the mods in a modpack for private, non-commercial distribution to the server members. I will be including a credits file in the pack acknowledging the hard work of the mod authors and giving links back to this thread.

Thanks for your consideration, and all of the hard work.