Macerator modification

• I think that macerator should have two output slot, Why? Well... i was thinking that ores should produce besides 2x crushed ores it should produce 1 crushed stone (or stone dust). What can i do with that? You can macerate crushed stone in stone dust, o compress (a few quantity, like 4) in stone. Also you can put in ore washing machine or thermal centrifugator (i don't know), and produce (with % chance) small pile of dust of common metals (iron, copper, tin, lead), small pile of gravel (or a flint) and/or small pile of sand.
    Why i would change that? I think that is some strange that the stone is desintegrated (Crushed ore has stone, but too little).

Sorry for my English, my native languaje is Spanish. If you don't understand me I can explain my ideas in spanish.

• Crushed ore has stone, but too little

Could you explain the logic behind this please? You can macerate an ore block to two crushed ores, each of which produces stone dust in an ore washing plant in addition to the purified crushed ore and tiny dusts, but from regular stone/cobblestone you can only get one stone dust per block (by putting cobblestone in the thermal centrifuge).

• Oh, sorry, I didn't know about stone dust in thermal centrifugator, the picture of the item seem be to little compared to a block, so i thought i was less. Think that (excluding cobblestone > stone dust in thermal centrifugator because i didn't know):
    Iron Ore > if you make a complete refining process its gives you: 2 Iron ingot + 4 Iron Nuggets + 2 Gold Nuggets + 2 Stone Dust = its give you 6 ingots (I thougt that one stone dust was like an ingot) and 6 nuggets, 2 ingots and 4 nuggets are lost in the process (plus the water).
    Sorry for my foolness. But know, if a stone dust is same like a block (1 cobblestone = 1 stone dust) its means: 1 Iron Ore (block) > 2 blocks, 2 ingots and 6 nuggets ¿And the law of conservation of matter and energy? I know, it is a joke, a portion of the matter is lost like trash.
    Sorry, I should search on IC2 wiki before doing that post.

Sorry for my English, my native languaje is Spanish. If you don't understand me I can explain my ideas in spanish.

• Or just make it possible that the machine has a output list which allows recipes to have multible outputs and the machine only runs when that list is empty...
    (Promoting that IC2Classic can have to any machine multiple outputs if the recipeList supports it)

• Why don't we add multiple output slots to vanilla furnaces then, since we lose 1 ingot, 6 nuggets and 2 stone dust when smelting ores?

Great idea!!!

Speiger, sorry, but i don't understand very well your idea.

PD: Aroma1997, Are you the developer of Aroma1997s Dimensional World? I love your mod, Now, I can't live without mining world, it's fantastic, now, I wan't to do mining in the overworld never more.

• Basicly EnderCraft:
    You have 1 Output Slot. Behind that Output Slot you have a OutputList.
    The Recipe injects the Items into the OutputList. The output lists tries always to inject into the output slot. It does then not matter how many outputslots a machine has since they do add stuff to the "To OutputList".

That system allows you to have like 5000 differend outputs to 1 Machine that has only 1 output slot and everything is fine.
    And if the output list is filled with something that it cant push because the output slot is lockt then the machine wont run.
    And since IC2Exp has a upgrade call whenever a Machine processes something Upgrades could export stuff before it comes into the output list.

Basicly: Recipe => Invisible Chest inside the machine (Also called buffer / List) => OutputSlot.
    Instead of: Recipe => OutputSlot.

• Ohh, thanks for the information, i am not a developer (I only know how to use a little of MCreator :() and i don't know much about that things...

• It would also allow like sifter like recipes In IC2Exp.... On the other hand they would have to rewirte the API to make that happen since they dont allow RNG recipes. (In other words that what you ask for)
    Edit:
    Chance based Recipes. Or Recipes that change their output on Random calculation (or % chance) are not possible In IC2Exp with their current system and i doubt they change it. I did ask long ago for that kind of things and they didnt do it...

• It would be fine if recipes in Ore Washing Machine and Thermal Centrifuge were Chance Base. Ores aren't always identical each other, their have small diferences...

• Official Post

Random recipes that you have to use more than a couple of times are just annoying, especially when you're trying to automate a crafting process that needs them.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Things that need a rewrite:
    -RecipeOutput Class: Needs a secondary function that shows all Outputs. Final Class modifier needs to be removed. +Maybe some extra functions to make fortune upgrades an some other things possible.

-Machines: Need to support MultiOutput which they dont. All Machines are limited to what slot amount they have. It does not matter if they have 3 output slots. As soon there are 4 differend outputs the recipe will not be supported anymore.

For you guys thats about 2-4 classes but the change that is requried to allow that is not as small as you think...

• Its a Overhaul of the RecipeAPI since your RecipeAPi doesnt support Custom RecipeOutput class. Overhaul doesnt mean that you have to replace everything but you have to do a good chunk of changes to make it actually work.

• Did i say entire API? No!
    Overhaul is überarbeiten. That doesnt mean "You have to do everything of it" You only have to redo KeyComponents of it. And since i did point at the RecipeAPI that actually makes sense...

• Just a Note aroma. Its not my request that you add that kind of feature. Since i have already that kind of system installed and its fully compatible with ic2s current system...

• I can't undersant any word of you two are saying... If is so dificult to make a simple recipe, how much time you need to make a block or the mining laser? Or worst, the nuclear reactor?