Some UUM recipes that need adjusting

• I like scanning various items and I had some mixed results, for example

A chicken Egg 100mB cost almost as much as a single piece of iridiu
    1 Block of wool 388 mB, my theory that minecraft bed is actually a time machine - confirmed.
    1 Sugar Cane 1.9 B :Matter:
    1 bundle of wheat 6.7B i'm afraid to scan a loaf of bread, that should be at least 3 times more expensive
    A slice of mellon cost 8.7B :Matter:
    A baked potato 16.6B :!:

I guess i fail to realize what is really valuable in this world and fail to admire those things.

:Tin Can::Tin Can::Tin Can:

With all due respect, I think that those prices makes UUM only viable for materializing only a few certain items or blocks, and price adjustment would make UUM equipment more useful.

...its not like i have an idea on how Alblaka mind works...

-
    It has tiny stupid what below?... A RATING SYSTEM! here goes my face :Advanced Furnace: cmon it is even transparent you can't be serious.

Edited 4 times, last by oggylt ().

• Oh please, you've barely begun to scan.

Behold, what terrors we have wrought!

433.1 Buckets of UU-Matter to make a block of Obsidian. That's 95,282,000,000 EU (95 Billion) EU worth of UU-matter if you're not feeding scrap (and you're probably not).

The highest power Nuclear Reactor I've ever made would take 5 million seconds (2 months IRL) to generate one block of Obsidian.

If I filled a chunk with reactors of that size (I could probably fit about 70) it would still take most of a day to generate a whole block.

So clearly, Obsidian is the most valuable block in the game. Buy Obsidian now, before the markets catch up to this insider secret.

• They can't really fix that since these values are auto generated...
    But what you can try is use IC2 scan command and do a recalculation of the values
    And then rescan the Obsidian.

Since the values generated in the scanner code are random...
    (They use worldgen (which is random) to determen the base values of resources and all other values are based of these values then too)

• Official Post

You can easily fix it because despite being auto-generated, they are still fundamentally loaded from a file. You can add extra values in the config that will overwrite the default IC2 comes with, and the scan command allows more accurate scans for the installed set of mods to be made which can be tweaked once made too.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• would take 5 million seconds (2 months IRL) to generate one block of Obsidian.

Oh my GOD :Advanced Furnace: (thats not an advanced furnance, that's my face)
    Well... I guess, my UUM lab will be used only for iridium and stone. If' i'll ever ever need stone.
    :Tin Can::Tin Can::Tin Can:
    Do any of you, use it for anything else? I mean UUM lab could be a nice part of the game

So in theory there is an obsidian UUM recipe, but in practice you cant craft it with UUM, thats why I started this thread, I wish that UUM recipes were more usable.

...its not like i have an idea on how Alblaka mind works...

-
    It has tiny stupid what below?... A RATING SYSTEM! here goes my face :Advanced Furnace: cmon it is even transparent you can't be serious.

Edited once, last by oggylt ().

• Official Post

"The User can easily fix it by basically MineTweaking the Recipe using the Config File", does not change that the User has to figure out the Config File to fix a broken Default, not to mention that it wont work on Servers, if the Server Owner is a lazy bastard.

A broken default implies there's a fix, the UU values would all have to be rethought (changed) to get a real replacement for obsidian. Otherwise it's just making up another number that's smaller but not really much more right. But hey, maybe they should all be rethough, the world alone isn't the best measuring target.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• A unit of Clay costs 17.34mB (a whole block is 69.39). An Iridium Shard is 13.33.

Like, I know we're just restating the obvious at this point, but the obvious is that clay should not cost more than Iridium. Frankly, there's very few things that should cost more than Iridium, and a lot of it comes down to ordinary, boring stuff just being way too expensive.

Also, I don't know whether this is a concern or not, but without Scrap, a block of Uranium Ore costs 3.5 Million EU. If we grossly simplify the math, we can treat one ore as being equal to one fuel cell (it's closer to like 1 block = 1.3 cells, but my point is made regardless), which means the strongest reactor I've ever made, which produces 380 MEU from 8 Uranium Cells (The '672' Design found here, using Steam Boilers as the conversion mechanism) will produce enough power to create 107 blocks of Uranium. ~1000 if fed with scrap. Now, I don't necessarily think it's a *bad* thing for the reactor to essentially produce free energy like this (since we're aiming for fun, not realism) but that's a kind of broken conversion ratio, and I'm inclined to argue that maybe Uranium should be more expensive than 16mB. Maybe more in the 200-300mB range, possibly higher.