Aether: What're your plans?

• as long as ShockAPI and minecraftForge do not work together, then no. Try to contact ShockAPI author to merge with minecraftForge.

Please ignore this floating platform with 10,000 solar panels. Nothing to see here.

• Seeing how involved Shockah is with minecraft modding development. I'm pretty sure he already heard about it.

OT: it seems interesting, but new items aside, it's just floating landmasses. There are ways to get floating landmasses yourself.
    In short, the aether seems interesting to try, but I have other priorities ;)

Buildcraft – spilling items.™

• Official Post

OT: it seems interesting, but new items aside, it's just floating landmasses. There are ways to get floating landmasses yourself.
    In short, the aether seems interesting to try, but I have other priorities ;)

Yeah, I played with the Aether for about 30mins, then promptly uninstalled it, and went back to my IC build. xD

• Yeah, I played with the Aether for about 30mins, then promptly uninstalled it, and went back to my IC build. xD

Actually, I did nearly the same thing, played with the Aether long enough to find the Bronze Dungeon, then went back to IC.

• I am wondering whether this subject should be taken up again,
    For the Aether 1.0 release (whenever that is)

• So, I've been privileged with a Pre-release video of the Aether. My Question to you, barring incompatibilities (if any), what're your plans for a mega base in the Aether?

Probably not even going to bother given how it's incompatible with any MC Forge mods. I did play it for a while in 1.7.3 before I discovered IC2 or BC or RP but even then it didn't last long before I got bored of it.
    I'd consider it if it weren't (purposefully) incompatible with basically all of the other major mods (as they're forge based)

• If it works with all my 33 Mods and with Forge.. O_o Wow, srsly never thinked of that.. would be cool. Atm i have no Idea, i think i would put my Reactor in it, or blow everything with a nuke up or something like this, xDD.

At the most, i like it , but then without any others mod like Buildcraft or Industrialcraft.. Idk i think it's a crazy mesh of..well.. honestly I don't know. Would not be that awesome also cuz this will need a whole fkin bunch of Block IDs and Item IDs(ok item IDs -> we have enough).

:Energy Crystal:___:Energy Crystal: I'm crystalized!

• Official Post

They are trying to revive Aether for 1.0? Let's see how long it lasts this time :P

Mods like that one sure bring a lot of neat code with them. But that's it. They do not provide the new complex fancy stuff like the technic mods do and updating a basemod like Aether is a literal pain.

• They're supposed to be doing a Dec 24 release, although they didn't specify which year...

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

• Let's see if they're at least half decent with block IDs now. They are going to have to change the block IDs to fit the new 1.0 blocks, making worlds incompatible. Another worldbreaker is that the end overwrote their dimension ID, they will have to change that too.

(or at least hope they don't edit yy and acy so ID Resolver works...)

• Let's see if they're at least half decent with block IDs now. They are going to have to change the block IDs to fit the new 1.0 blocks, making worlds incompatible. Another worldbreaker is that the end overwrote their dimension ID, they will have to change that too.

(or at least hope they don't edit yy and acy so ID Resolver works...)

I just spoke to Kingbdogs on IRC, they're using Forge in the next release.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

• I think Forge was in its early days when they started. If an API was available back then, I can't imagine why they wouldn't have used it (just to save them from all the pain!)

• I think Forge was in its early days when they started. If an API was available back then, I can't imagine why they wouldn't have used it (just to save them from all the pain!)

Agreed. I suppose the 1.7.3 Aether was a "proof-of-concept" and they were testing to see how well it would work, then move to Forge. But even so, that doesn't explain why they didn't use it from the get-go if there was an API available.

• Want floating land masses? Forget the nether, craft a couple nukes. Instead of falling into the void, you will fall into bedrock. :D :D :Nuke TNT: ;( ;(

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!